Hearts V St.Johnstone - Sunday 28th August

SaintJet

Hearts have a tough Euro game tonight and will be invested in getting through to the group stages at all costs. This of course doesn't mean anything but potentially they might have some injuries and will be on short rest.

Not going to speculate about what team we are putting out but a draw or an unexpected away win will keep the wolf from the door for another couple of weeks. A defeat and the frenzy about CD being canned will grow.

I can't resign myself to a negative pre-game position every week. As we all know, Callum will be here for a while, we have to try and lift up our moral surely? Otherwise what do we become. 

So as someone who still enjoys the hope that proceeds my 10am Saturday dream smash, I think we have some small bright spots that perhaps click.

Last week, first half, we played some more forward looking football,  let's see more of that, a creative Murphy goal followed by a Bair chest into the net. He does control the ball great off his chest :)

There we go.....hopefully the dog won't have to go into hiding every sat at 11.45am.

1 hour ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

I can't resign myself to a negative pre-game position every week. As we all know, Callum will be here for a while, we have to try and lift up our moral surely? Otherwise what do we become. 

So as someone who still enjoys the hope that proceeds my 10am Saturday dream smash, I think we have some small bright spots that perhaps click.

Last week, first half, we played some more forward looking football,  let's see more of that, a creative Murphy goal followed by a Bair chest into the net. He does control the ball great off his chest :)

There we go.....hopefully the dog won't have to go into hiding every sat at 11.45am.

I applaud your optimism.

Unfortunately mine has been completely drained.

4 hours ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

At present it’s a midnight kick off for me, soon it will be a 2am kick off, I used to stay up and listen to the bbc world service before saints tv subscription was available, I didn’t renew this season and now I will read about the game on here generally.

I'd hoped there might have been a PPV stream for this game as it's not a Saturday 3pm kick-off, but apparently not. I'm finding the picture quality on hesgoals etc to be a major downgrade on what was available on the official streams. Annoying.

As for the game, I can't see us making many/any changes from what's become our standard XI of late. Seems Murray Davidson's only rated at 50-50 which means we're at bare bones in central midfield again, which means Hallberg sitting back again. Personally I'd start Stevie May ahead of Bair (if we must persist with only one striker on the pitch), but it doesn't feel like there's much else that's realistically going to be freshened up.

How is it possible that with a squad of this size it feels like we have so few options for changing things around?

21 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I'd hoped there might have been a PPV stream for this game as it's not a Saturday 3pm kick-off, but apparently not. I'm finding the picture quality on hesgoals etc to be a major downgrade on what was available on the official streams.

Have you considered moving abroad every Saturday afternoon using VPN Airways? The international version of Saints TV is just £12.99/month if you did happen to find yourself outside of the UK...

5 hours ago, GMac said:

Lets mix the starting 11 up and be brave - we have Crawford and MOH more than willing to run around and achieve feck all......on your way CD.

The look MOH face last week when told he was going on was telling! He absolutely looked shell shocked and shitting himself! he later proved why i guess, Just don't think Mickey wants to be near a football pitch Now.  

I seem to recall the Ormond team never changing week in or out, in fact I memorised the team back then, One change that alarmed us was when Derek Robertson played instead of Jim D. My cousin and I thought Oh No ! Derek turned out to be just as miraculous. 

But it is clear the current system isn't good, maybe a superb signing would meld it all together. Proper training as well, in the early days no ball was kicked in training it was all physical exercise including running lengths of the long Muirton Pitch.  I mean the lads in the 30's like Bobby Davidson were like skint rabbits! Sorry to go on.

St Mirren apparently played Hibs of the park today.

We have them too much respect when we played them. They had a poor last season and a poor start to this season but Davidson played his negative 5 at the back.

Suspect it will be the same old story tomorrow.

On 8/26/2022 at 5:40 PM, johndb said:

I seem to recall the Ormond team never changing week in or out, in fact I memorised the team back then, One change that alarmed us was when Derek Robertson played instead of Jim D. My cousin and I thought Oh No ! Derek turned out to be just as miraculous. 

But it is clear the current system isn't good, maybe a superb signing would meld it all together. Proper training as well, in the early days no ball was kicked in training it was all physical exercise including running lengths of the long Muirton Pitch.  I mean the lads in the 30's like Bobby Davidson were like skint rabbits! Sorry to go on.

Thanks for your memories, I wasn't around in the 30's. :laugh:.

Started following Saints in the 50's.

Edited by HOODLUM65

1 hour ago, south inch said:

Can I mention Paddy Buckley then?  There was a guy who knew where the back of the net was.

Remember P.B.briefly.

1st Manager I recall was Johnny Patillo who apparently lived in the caravan parked inside the ground at the Ice Rink end.

Crikey you must be an aulder Saints fan than me.

Great times though.

Edited by HOODLUM65