Dundee Utd V St.Johnstone Saturday 1st October

SaintJet

If we win, we go 8 points ahead of them. I'm not sure any of us would have predicted us being 8 points ahead of the team at the bottom of the table at the start of October.

Sadly it looks like our usual large travelling support against them will be significantly reduced due to the madness of their admission prices. It will cost £60 for an adult and two children to gain admission to the away end on Saturday, this in comparison to the £17 it  would costs an adult and two children to gain entry to McDiarmid. Even £28 for an adult is absolutely taking the piss

5 minutes ago, Aitchy said:

If we win, we go 8 points ahead of them. I'm not sure any of us would have predicted us being 8 points ahead of the team at the bottom of the table at the start of October.

Sadly it looks like our usual large travelling support against them will be significantly reduced due to the madness of their admission prices. It will cost £60 for an adult and two children to gain admission to the away end on Saturday, this in comparison to the £17 it  would costs an adult and two children to gain entry to McDiarmid. Even £28 for an adult is absolutely taking the piss

£28 is indeed ridiculous; Utd clearly trying to cover some of the costs of Jack Ross sitting in the house.

Not only are the prices ridiculous but there are no trains running on Saturday so we might be on course for our lowest away support at Tannadice for quite some time.

TBH I'm amazed anyone out there is willing to pay the sort of prices fans are being asked to pay for these games nowadays. SPFL clubs worrying about how streaming will damage attendances should perhaps be concentrating more on the impact of their own ticket prices.

4 hours ago, SaintJet said:

Utd have a new manager in place and are desperate to turn the corner. Saints looking a bit more settled of late especially defense. 

This will be the usual rough and tumble of a Tayside Derby and a big Perth crowd is anticipated.

Same team as started against Ross.

Hopefully there is a big perth contingent, but Barrossa can't get a bus due tae lack o interest, wait till Saints pick up they will be clamouring fir seats, we know who they are

2 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Hopefully there is a big perth contingent, but Barrossa can't get a bus due tae lack o interest, wait till Saints pick up they will be clamouring fir seats, we know who they are

Where do they promote their buses? I think I keep a pretty close eye on most Saints-related social media but I can't remember ever seeing the Barossa Street buses getting plugged anywhere.

5 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Where do they promote their buses? I think I keep a pretty close eye on most Saints-related social media but I can't remember ever seeing the Barossa Street buses getting plugged anywhere.

Most people who use the buses ring the club to book there  seat , same fir home games run by Scone contact them direct, I get Hoodlum to book me a seat

13 hours ago, SaintJet said:

Utd have a new manager in place and are desperate to turn the corner. Saints looking a bit more settled of late especially defense. 

This will be the usual rough and tumble of a Tayside Derby and a big Perth crowd is anticipated.

Same team as started against Ross.

I think you are wrong. I can’t see a big saints crowd going at all. Especially with polls to boycott it.

3 hours ago, south inch said:

This is a classic banana skin game, United yet to win a league match but with a new manager in place.  For goodness sake lets make sure we don't break the sequence.

COYS

Need an early goal, then all their hopes are dashed and they realize that new manager or not, they are shit and any fresh confidence is squashed.

Agree though, dangerous type of game.

Edited by Cleveland-Saint

On 9/28/2022 at 4:32 PM, Sergei said:

The seating plan I saw for buying tickets only had them available in the upper section. Don't know if it's normal practice that they sell that before opening the lower tier or if they know there's not going to be the usual Saints support there. 

Upper section seems to be completely sold out but still no signs of lower tier being made available

26 minutes ago, Oldmuirton said:

Upper section seems to be completely sold out but still no signs of lower tier being made available

There's a handful of restricted view seats left but you're right, the lower isn't for sale. It's ridiculous that the front two rows of a stand are restricted view anyway. 

Today's just made for Middleton to have one of his switched on days, cause havoc and knock in a couple! It's what football's about. :laugh: