Scottish cup 2022/23

Cagey

I am an East Stand Season Ticket Holder and having informed the club of my displeasure at being rehoused in the Main Stand.

I have purchased a ticket for Saturday and will attend to give the team my backing.

Every supporter has a choice and should be respected for their own decision taken with due regard to their personal circumstances.

4 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I appreciate where you're coming from on this and agree that it's a shame the players are the ones who may be put at a disadvantage, but that's the fault of their employers, not the fans.

Obviously it's up to you whether you go or not, but if everyone in the support had your attitude and just went along to the game regardless of the club's behaviour, then the club would learn nothing from this and no message would get through. Sometimes it's far better for people to speak up as one voice and make a stand. And yes it may mean things go badly on the pitch and we exit the cup (I suspect that would have happened anyway, given current form) ... but that's on the club, not us.

And these £30 tickets are going to become the norm very soon unless fans actually draw a line somewhere and say it's too much and we're not going to pay it. £30 might not be your limit, but presumably you must have one?

I wouldn't feel too sorry for the players, incidentally. If/when any of them decide they're in the wrong place or the club's financial offering isn't right for them, they'll be off. They won't hang around out of any feeling of responsibility to the fans. It's not a two-way relationship.

Yep 

Don't know what you are getting at..have been largely a lurker for a long time here...especially after the cynical response I got when offering the use of my season ticket for the Galatasaray game...had to take someone with me so could not use my own seat and bought two elsewhere..did not want to think there was an empty seat someone else could use who could not otherwise get in. You would have though that I was selling dogshit pies by the level of suspicion....wished I have never made the offer. The seat went empty.

I think some have been around too long there are a lot of bitter posts on here. Nonetheless there are also a lot of good ones, so its worth hanging around for. Its the same every forum on every subject I am part of. Been a moderator....they have some thankless job.

FWIW I am a genuine 67yo supporter from out of town. I travel to almost all home games and some away ones. For longer than I recall. NYD games against Dundee Utd...who played in white back then..with my father as a small boy. Favourite plater was Bobby Kemp...he was FAST.

I have only the ONE name on here so if you think I am someone else's sock puppet you are mistaken.

STILL not sure about tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, Calluna4u said:

Don't know what you are getting at..have been largely a lurker for a long time here...especially after the cynical response I got when offering the use of my season ticket for the Galatasaray game...had to take someone with me so could not use my own seat and bought two elsewhere..did not want to think there was an empty seat someone else could use who could not otherwise get in. You would have though that I was selling dogshit pies by the level of suspicion....wished I have never made the offer. The seat went empty.

I think some have been around too long there are a lot of bitter posts on here. Nonetheless there are also a lot of good ones, so its worth hanging around for. Its the same every forum on every subject I am part of. Been a moderator....they have some thankless job.

FWIW I am a genuine 67yo supporter from out of town. I travel to almost all home games and some away ones. For longer than I recall. NYD games against Dundee Utd...who played in white back then..with my father as a small boy. Favourite plater was Bobby Kemp...he was FAST.

I have only the ONE name on here so if you think I am someone else's sock puppet you are mistaken.

STILL not sure about tomorrow.

Good post Callu and your right there is a lot negativity on this forum but also a lot of good posters who are genuine and have some good and informative things to say.

It's good to see you on here so please give us a try. 

You've come on board during a very contentious issue surrounding the Scottish cup tie - normally we just want to kill each other😆!

7 hours ago, Calluna4u said:

but with the failings in segregation outside the ground in the three stands situation......I just don't feel safe.

But even at this late stage...still undecided.

Same as every time the OF play. There should be no decision to make about going to a game where you'd feel unsafe, a position 'the club' have you put you in. 

16 minutes ago, Calluna4u said:

The Galatasaray game, another ticketing shambles. Wonder how much that cost the club with their 'magnificent gesture' of free tickets.

1 hour ago, Sergei said:

The Galatasaray game, another ticketing shambles. Wonder how much that cost the club with their 'magnificent gesture' of free tickets.

You mean, when the Scottish government gave the green light for a capacity crowd 3 days before the game and the club managed to sell over 9,000 tickets in that timeframe?

19 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

You mean, when the Scottish government gave the green light for a capacity crowd 3 days before the game and the club managed to sell over 9,000 tickets in that timeframe?

Yes, the game they got season ticket holders to do the selling for them as the ticketing system isn't good enough and ordinary fans had to literally spend days and hundreds/ thousands of phone calls trying to get through before getting cut off if you were lucky enough to get that far. Yep, that one

Out of interest, how did they manage to sell over 9000 tickets when season ticket holders got in for free? 

5 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

I am an East Stand Season Ticket Holder and having informed the club of my displeasure at being rehoused in the Main Stand.

I have purchased a ticket for Saturday and will attend to give the team my backing.

Every supporter has a choice and should be respected for their own decision taken with due regard to their personal circumstances.

Well done.

MON THE SAINTS

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Screenshot_20230120_181042_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c79c988dc0ef4a53710bda293a381671.jpg

Claims that we'd allowed Rangers to have a display in the East Stand, before refusing after seeing the fan backlash, are almost definitely true.

Making them at home for a cup tie.

Do they not say this before every game? Definitely used to anyway

11 minutes ago, The Kinross Saint said:

You looking forward to shouting ‘mon the saints’ in in a few years when we’re playing Clyde in a league game? Main stand will be the only one open then the way this board and manager are taking us.

You make my point for me, thank you.

6 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

You make my point for me, thank you.

So you accept the board and manager are drastically halting the potential and progress the club had made? Good, glad you’ve confirmed. 

The incredible thing is you’ll sit in a crowd of 400 tomorrow thinking ‘the other 2000 are in the wrong, not me!’ 

Edited by The Kinross Saint

5 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

These new Gekko and Calluna4u surely don’t think they are fooling anyone, do they?

Not sure what you mean, but think what you like.

While I'm here, I was speaking to a couple of Rangers fans today and they hadn't heard about any of this.

I suppose it proves that even with some press coverage, hardly anybody else cares.

And after hearing that we've offered six figures for Jordan White, why on earth should we bother either.

When you think it couldn't any worse...

17 hours ago, SaintJet said:

You've come on board during a very contentious issue surrounding the Scottish cup tie - normally we just want to kill each other😆!

Oh I know....have read the forum almost every day for the last several years. After the buffeting I got when offering a FREE use of my ticket back at the time previously mentioned I just thought, 'why bother' about contributing. Felt like I strayed into territory where a *few* of the local 'big dogs' did not want anyone new ....  and were full of distrust.

1 minute ago, Calluna4u said:

Oh I know....have read the forum almost every day for the last several years. After the buffeting I got when offering a FREE use of my ticket back at the time previously mentioned I just thought, 'why bother' about contributing. Felt like I strayed into territory where a *few* of the local 'big dogs' did not want anyone new ....  and were full of distrust.

70% of people on here are argumentative arseholes you can just ignore if you want. The other 20% are just genuine Saints fans wanted to talk about Saints who you should try and find. 10% is slf speaking gibberish to himself.

Dont be afraid to contribute.

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Dont be afraid to contribute.

Oh I am not afraid to contribute...just I am a busy guy with a business to run, and in excess of 20 staff to look after......so just don't need to involve myself with petty forum dramas.

Genuine Saints fan since childhood.

Although form in a dip right now....the last decade has been our golden era......and despite current situation we are still in it.

The whiners would do well to recall the final seasons at Muirton......

We are STILL punching well above our weight. Form will return. On our budget it will always be patchy against clubs with much higher spends. Just hoping today we do well...still terribly conflicted but decided NOT to go..