St Johnstone v Hearts 28/12 On PPV

rik2304

I rarely complain about referees as it’s a tough job, but thought he was poor tonight. Don’t think any of the penalties were called correctly, Saints put in some good tackles which were given as free kicks, seemed to blow the whistle any time anyone fell over.

Strange game, could’ve got something from it, but May the only standout. Gave them too much space a lot of the time. At this level we need to be getting penalties on target at least.

Absolutely raging at the starting lineup.  Just when you start to start to feel more confident in Davidson he goes and starts with the most unbalanced midfield combo you could pick.  

As others have said game lost in the first half hour because of this and I actually have my doubts as to whether he even would have changed it if it hadn’t been for Hallbergs injury.  It was an almost instant improvement when he went off and McGowan came on.  

Only real positives was May’s performance and the fact that we look like a team that can come back unlike last year.

On a side note , but need to get it off my chest….what an absolute joke the catering side of things were today with food almost being sold out PRIOR to kick-off.  The club must have known the expected crowd size so to be so inadequately prepared is really poor show.  

3 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Team selection was crap and Davidson has to take responsibility for that . Will be interesting to see his post match comments.

If I never see Carey ,Hallberg and Crawford in a Saints strip again I will be happy.

Really!? Carey had a decent enough game. Crawford... I am probably his biggest critic- but he was far from the worst performer tonight (played some intelligent forward passes and created openings) and Hallberg has shown more than enough in the past to suggest that he can come good again for us.

The real issue was using all three of them at the same time- we just looked lost for the first 25 minutes. Hearts were sharp and moving well off the ball and we couldn't cope with their movement.

Obvious improvement when Mitchell came on and McGowan went into the middle. The size of squad showed as well, we were a le to bring players on that can make a difference, unlike last season.

Bit gutted not to get something out of that game. We had plenty of chances. I thought Stevie was fantastic once again.... non stop pressing, making great runs, dragging players out of position and creating chances. I thought the lad was done, but this season he has been fantastic.

15 minutes ago, Cagey said:

'If I never see Carey ,Hallberg and Crawford in a Saints strip again I will be happy'

Can't disagree with that......MacPherson looked lively when he came on, should start with Spoony... May and Wright standout, but May has to look at his shooting, his pass across Zander tonight ridiculous..

30 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Team selection was crap and Davidson has to take responsibility for that . Will be interesting to see his post match comments.

If I never see Carey ,Hallberg and Crawford in a Saints strip again I will be happy.

23 minutes ago, slambrother said:

Absolutely raging at the starting lineup.  Just when you start to start to feel more confident in Davidson he goes and starts with the most unbalanced midfield combo you could pick.  

As others have said game lost in the first half hour because of this and I actually have my doubts as to whether he even would have changed it if it hadn’t been for Hallbergs injury.  It was an almost instant improvement when he went off and McGowan came on.  

Only real positives was May’s performance and the fact that we look like a team that can come back unlike last year.

On a side note , but need to get it off my chest….what an absolute joke the catering side of things were today with food almost being sold out PRIOR to kick-off.  The club must have known the expected crowd size so to be so inadequately prepared is really poor show.  

Couldn’t agree more. Saw the starting 11 and was baffled. Then saw how they lined up when the game kicked off, astounded… then Davidson. Stubbornly didn’t change it even though hearts looked like scoring 5 or 6 in the first 20 mins.

Ali Crawford a ****ing liability at the best of times but offering him such a passive role is ****ing suicide!!

Carey was not cut out for tonight, Hearts hate it when. Murray Davidson plays against them, we needed that type of player in there tonight instead we started with a midfield of Carey Hallberg and Crawford. Dire!!!. 

11 minutes ago, tucker said:

Short memory Crawford single handedly got us the points in dingwall every one has a bad game think this reaction way to much

That's like saying Brown should play because he won the game against Rangers.

Crawford is a decent footballer but you need more than that in this league where 10 teams can beat eachother.