Summer transfers/contracts 2023

garydavidson

36 minutes ago, pezza70 said:

Surely Cambridge would offer better terms then we would be offering?

Clearly they didn't offer what he wanted so he voted with his feet. 

When Macca said he missed out on a player, I wonder if that meant the player concerned failed a medical? 

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I never believe these deals are done until the club actually announces they are. We've seen these things fall apart so many times in the past.

Aye, I’m the same. Even more so when it comes from agent-fed sites like that one, although they did get Hayden Muller loan spot on. 

Just now, Saintdunc said:

Clearly they didn't offer what he wanted so he voted with his feet. 

When Macca said he missed out on a player, I wonder if that meant the player concerned failed a medical? 

Sure I’ve read somewhere he left Cambridge to have a better chance of getting into the Bulgaria squad. Could be right about the medical, time will tell. 

Macca saying in the paper we should be getting the keeper sorted but missed out one someone else.

I reckon a lot of people are just asking for bigger wages than we can offer, and tbh if that is the case I can't really blame the players considering the economy at the moment.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

It seems to be taking a long time to get this over the line.

Doesn't it always with Saints, though?

1 hour ago, pezza70 said:

Surely Cambridge would offer better terms then we would be offering?

Some of their fans seem to think he wasn't offered a new contract there. It's reported he's had a lot of offers from elsewhere, though.

59 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Some of their fans seem to think he wasn't offered a new contract there. It's reported he's had a lot of offers from elsewhere, though.

Sometimes a player makes it clear he wants to leave and so they know not to offer anything. It could be that he'd signed a PCA elsewhere that fell through due to a change of manager or relegation or something.

5 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

Don't think so. He said in the interview when asked, "I think he's decided to join somebody else."

I like the signing of Mitov. Totally out of left field and unexpected by everybody.

I'm impressed that we've captured him ahead of some league one and even championship clubs.

Maybe some of the saved wages from clearing out the squad is going in to his pocket and helped seal the deal?

Exactly the type of player I believe we should be going for. Good player at a decent level and at an age where he can both develop and hopefully be a sellable asset.

When no signings were being announced, I was hoping that this meant that Macca wasn't going for the same and obvious targets as the rest of the league, and with this signing, that seems to be the case.

5 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

Yeah, saw the article in The Herald on line confirming that he is to challenge Ross for the No1 jersey

Welcome Dimitar

A bit of Alan Main  v Dundee in those saves 

https://twitter.com/EmiratesFACup/status/1480119657247903744/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1480119657247903744&currentTweetUser=EmiratesFACup