Callum away

saintgscot

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, tucker said:

Dundee manager linked with return to Blackpool

Callum Davidson being linked with his replacement if it does happen with the Gordon Strachan Liking Callum from his assistant day's in the Scotland set up 

Imagine , if we had just waited a couple of weeks we might have got a fee. Mind you we would have been relegated.

I wonder if he will take Macca with him. Decision for Macca , a job or uncertainty.

1 hour ago, garydavidson said:

That will be an insane press day:

Our manager wins the manager of the year award
Our manager has left the club
Callum Davidson is our new manager! 

There appears to be some disquiet amongst the Dundee faithful at the prospect of Callum taking over.  Maybe they dip into our website from time to time|

2 minutes ago, south inch said:

There appears to be some disquiet amongst the Dundee faithful at the prospect of Callum taking over.  Maybe they dip into our website from time to time|

Some of them don't fancy the idea

35 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Dundee season finished so he doesn't need to announce his back room staff for a couple of weeks yet.

Interesting.

If Macca thinks he would get our gig I'd imagine he'd turn down the offer of going with CD. I'm a bit ambivalent about that.

I always thought that last year when Callum kept us up he should have left when his stock would be still be considered very high.

I actually think that Davidson could go on and do well at another club, but think the Dundee job has come far too soon for him. He looked a broken man after leaving us and should take more time out of the game to reflect on his time with us and get his energy back.

Big job going into Dundee who have very few players signed up and a support who are not known for their patience and will be on the back of any new manager given the way Bowyer left.

Whatever job he goes into next he would probably need an experienced assistant who is personable and able to challenge him more. I was always frustrated at Davidson interviews, he came across as dull and not very personable, which was different from the side I’ve witnessed from him at fans events etc. Hopefully he can reflect and realise that his stubbornness was ultimately his downfall with us.

Edited by Aitchy