Saints v Dundee United Saturday 6 May

garydavidson

10 minutes ago, Smarmy Arab said:

We much prefer playing in Perth.  I read a stat yesterday Saints have not scored against utd in Perth since 2015....

In fairness I think there’s only been 5 games since McNamara’s final game! 

0-0 - League Cup

0-0 - League

0-1 - Pawlett goal in the League 

0-0 - League

0-1 - Watt goal in the League 

Riveting stuff. 

Edited by PSJ.84

1 hour ago, garydavidson said:

I wish I had the confidence of the computer:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65429044

I agree.  You have two watches, one is broken the other 1 second slow.  Ask a computer which is the more accurate and it will tell you the broken one because it is at the correct time twice a day.

11 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

In fairness I think there’s only been 5 games since McNamara’s final game! 

0-0 - League Cup

0-0 - League

0-1 - Pawlett goal in the League 

0-0 - League

0-1 - Watt goal in the League 

Riveting stuff. 

Completely forgot about the Ryan Dow game at the tail end of 15/16 - so six games, three 1-0 wins for United and three 0-0 draws. Buzzing now…

6 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Completely forgot about the Ryan Dow game at the tail end of 15/16 - so six games, three 1-0 wins for United and three 0-0 draws. Buzzing now…

Still a surprising run of results.  

nerve jangling fixture tomorrow, too close to call!  I managed to source a ticket and will be in my usual place.  

52 minutes ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Still a surprising run of results.  

nerve jangling fixture tomorrow, too close to call!  I managed to source a ticket and will be in my usual place.  

As long as your in your usual place at full time. Ha!

Finger biting encounter tomorrow. Too close to call is right. Both teams would take the draw.

1 hour ago, Smarmy Arab said:

I might be on the pitch! 😉

Thought you didn't have a ticket? Ok lads get a photo of Smarmy posted at all turnstiles so he can't get in.😉😉 Looks like I will have to register with United TV to see game here in Germany, yet monthly and yearly rates are much higher than Saints. But it will be worth it if we win. Just have to make sure I arrive at my digs in Peiting in plenty time.

11 hours ago, glenrothes saintee said:

Thought you didn't have a ticket? Ok lads get a photo of Smarmy posted at all turnstiles so he can't get in.😉😉 Looks like I will have to register with United TV to see game here in Germany, yet monthly and yearly rates are much higher than Saints. But it will be worth it if we win. Just have to make sure I arrive at my digs in Peiting in plenty time.

I managed to source a ticket, for the end. What are you doing in Germany?

12 hours ago, glenrothes saintee said:

The game will be on Saints TV if you have an International subscription and abroad

23 minutes ago, tucker said:

Think it'll be a 4 3 3 formation again.Macca mentioned how proud he was of saints pressing till the end like Liverpool etc

Like that formation but would prefer brown at right back 

Agreed. I’m biased because I’m not a McGowan fan at all, really don’t understand the praise he gets.

19 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Agreed. I’m biased because I’m not a McGowan fan at all, really don’t understand the praise he gets

McGowan is decent enough leadership on the park but drey had to help him to many times last game due to pace of the wingers etc not a natural right back 

57 minutes ago, tucker said:

Think it'll be a 4 3 3 formation again.Macca mentioned how proud he was of saints pressing till the end like Liverpool etc

Like that formation but would prefer brown at right back 

I don't think the formation works for us as May needs a strike partner. However I think you're right that we'll go with something along those lines again. If that's what we're doing I'd prefer to see Spoony moved out left, and Hallberg played as a CAM supporting May. He's at least able to get onto the end of crosses.

Agree that Brown should be at right-back. Think he'd give Wright a lot more support down the wing. I'd be tempted to drop Considine and move McGowan into central defence.