Saints v Kilmarnock, 1 Nov 2023

SaintPeter91

I don't know what the team will be and wouldn't even start to guess.

What I do know is Killie are a good team with probably the best 2 wide men in the league. They have 2 strikers who will rag doll our soft defenders. They also have probably the best back 3 in the league not that that matters as we don't have strikers.

Cleland will have had no time to prepare a better system so I doubt we'll see much change.  

I have previously stated we should be far more stable in our selections, but Saturday's performance was so bad, he could be justified in naming nine new players.  I'm going to play devil's advocate (going against my instincts of not playing players from the beginning after long injuries.)

Mitrov,

Dare, McGowan, Considine, Booth

Spangler   

DJ, Max, Crawford

Clark, Jepchott

I know Crawford won't tackle but Booth behind and beyond him may help him be more creative and he can score goals and cross a ball.  He'll want to show Mclean was wrong.  DJ wasn't our worse performer and does have pace.  Booth will shout.  McGowan will organise.  

Simple tactics, ball into box, front two stay there.  Defending corners, free kicks, two near halfway line to be released quickly when the ball is played forward.  

Gordon has been bad for so long he can't return to form anytime soon.  Kane and May to come on later.  No other game changers available.

1 hour ago, akuram said:

I thought DJ no 13? was our best outfield player against St Mirren.

He did ok - not sure of his fitness after he limped off. Only criticism I had was he took too long on the ball when he broke and it allowed 2 StM defenders to close him down and reduce his options.

Thought Gallacher did ok when he came on - was interesting to see him and Robinson linking up on the left.

• blueheaven changed the title to Saints v Kilmarnock, 1 Nov 2023

I wouldn't be surprised to see McGowan brought back into the fold tonight to add a bit of experience.

That aside, no idea what Cleland's likely to do but I wouldn't expect sweeping changes. The team were already preparing for tonight's game when Macca got the sack and Cleland will only have had, what, two training sessions at most since the change over? Who's even supporting Cleland with the coaching now?

Anyone know what the situation is with Carey? Is he out for a while?

5 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see McGowan brought back into the fold tonight to add a bit of experience.

That aside, no idea what Cleland's likely to do but I wouldn't expect sweeping changes. The team were already preparing for tonight's game when Macca got the sack and Cleland will only have had, what, two training sessions at most since the change over? Who's even supporting Cleland with the coaching now?

Anyone know what the situation is with Carey? Is he out for a while?

I immeadiatley thought of McGowan coming back in to the side and if that comes to pass that will tell it's own story regarding the previous manager. I personally  like him in midfield but can see him being in the back four.

Kane and Clark to start and hopefully May gets another sniff.

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

What's the weather like in Perth? Hammering down again in Dundee.

Any doubts about the game. Some Dee fans here concerned their game might be off.

Still peeing down. Heard a few roads are flooded.

Play game on Saturday. Don't think Killie have a game.