Safety or Relegation

pezza70

Safety or Relegation  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I voted yes. No idea what will actually happen of course, but at this point in time my guess is we'll finish 11th and scrape through the play-off.

I think this too. Just think Ross County have goals in them to grab a point or 2 more than us.

I m a yes and right now think can hopefully finish 10th and safe.

I think a lot hangs on this Saturday, a win over Hibs ( we know we can beat Hibs) and I ll feel even more confident.

I also dont think Aberdeen are out of this yet, we win on Sat, Ross County win Sat and Aberdeen lose, if we can drag them back into it and make it a 3 horse race rather than just us and County.

I think theres a lot to happen over next few weeks.      

Yes for me.

I think there's a lot of twists and turns in these next five games for all of the teams, not only us.

It's easy to focus on ourselves while forgetting that the other teams will have their problems as well.

Hibs and Motherwell might believe the jobs done and already be on the beach.

I also think Aberdeen are not out of it yet. New boss coming in, players uncertain of their futures etc.

A bad result or two and they'd be right back in the mix.

They also don't seem to be the strongest mentally and might crumble under a bit of pressure.

And Livi, with basically nothing to lose, might have a say in this whole thing.

I believe we can manage at least tenth.

We'll hopefully have players coming back who can make a difference.

I couldn't care less about performances, let's just get over the line.

And even if we do have to go through a play off again, I'd hope we'd have enough over the two legs to get through that.

Whatever happens, squeaky bum time is upon us.

It's going to be a nervy few weeks.

I hope that we manage to get 10th (or better) but if we do end up in the play-off, and don't win over two legs, then we dont deserve to stay up. I think it is in our hands, so given where we were, got to be grateful for that and see the season out. There's enough individual talent there but they do need to start performing as a team.

43 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

We are Hamilton Accies of 2016/17-2020/21….

Circling the drain for 3 seasons just waiting to disappear while taking no decisive action to fend off the inevitable.

I will never forgive Callum Davidson - ever!

Flaherty and Steve Brown (who became bored unless he could get a golf jolly) are just as culpable.

It's been a total mess since selling McCann and Kerr. The recruitment has been an utter shambles. 

24 goals in 33 league games is ridiculous.

It been painful since Stenhousemuir this season.  As others have said only Mitov, Dan and Sidibeh (possibly Considine) get pass marks this season.

10 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

It's been a total mess since selling McCann and Kerr. The recruitment has been an utter shambles. 

24 goals in 33 league games is ridiculous.

Absolutely agree with this. There was a distinct lack of ambition at all levels.

This is a team, on and off the field, that would struggle in the 3rd tier.

14 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

We are Hamilton Accies of 2016/17-2020/21….

Circling the drain for 3 seasons just waiting to disappear while taking no decisive action to fend off the inevitable.

I will never forgive Callum Davidson - ever!

Exactly this,once a club spends a couple of seasons flirting with play offs/relegation the inevitable usually happens,

12 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

They weren’t running training, picking the starting 11 or communicating the tactics.

Agree with this. But perhaps most damaging is the overall mindset Davidson instilled in the team, which I think we still haven't managed to pull ourselves out of. That attitude of fear, making all the players scared to try anything creative or a bit different that might have shown some spark or got the fans on their feet. Always scared to make a substitution or a tactical change in case it made things worse instead of better. Always scared to go for it at 1-0 down in case we went 2-0 down. Telling everyone that winning a relegation play-off would be better than winning the Double. Yes we were often defensive under Tommy Wright too, but we were also brave and aggressive and adaptable to situations.

I still think of the way Eetu Vertainen - at a time when he was young, living in a new country and eager to impress - was publicly shamed for trying one little flick on the halfway line against Rangers, and think that was the moment we really knew beyond any doubt what Davidson was all about. Sign players who might be good and drill every glimmer of flair out of them, and refuse to give them a game until they're fully brainwashed into playing with the same stiff, defensive mindset as everyone else.

So much of all of where we are now is Callum Davidson's fault, and if we go down much of the blame for it will be on his shoulders.

It will all come down to Levein.  

If we set up as we have done consistently under him to give any advantage to the opposition while he works on a master plan which will overcome any deficit in the last ten minutes we're doomed.  

Cleland had us on the front foot in his cameo and we looked better as it helped relieve the pressure on the back line.  

With two pacey strikers who have shown they can score surely; we should have a go from the very beginning of the match. None of the teams in our league have a defence which isn't wobbly when facing pace.  

I hope I'm wrong but I see Levein going with one up front, probably Clark due to his experience.  Play his perfect team forgetting that quite a few are out of form.  This means we fall to 11th.  

As for the play-offs, nil-nil's won't work.  Mitov saving the vital penalty MAY save the season.  

Major changes behind the scenes to follow.  Promote whoever found Mitov, Kimpoika, Sidath.  Sack who brought the dross.  Clear all coaching staff.  Sorry for Cleland but he's been sullied by Davidson.  We need to remove all of the negative structures holding the club back.  

Do I think the players could achieve more?  Yes.  There are times when it seems they throw off the dugout instructions and just play football they look like a team who could kick on.  If we play our league like that and go down at least we fought.  I think many won't notice us going as we'll be so timid.  

4 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

I'm surprised how quickly fans turned on Levein given Davidson got months & months of leeway.

It hasn't been great but we were 100%getting relegated when he took over

Davidson got no leeway from me. I wanted him out after Kelty.