Saints v Aberdeen Sun 7th Aug. K-O 12.15pm

Sunday sees the start of our 8th successive  campaign  in the SPFL with Aberdeen as our visitors.  Will no doubt be a tough start as they have a strong squad and some top players, but then again so do we. Team wise I have no idea other than perhaps it being very close to the 11 who started against Stirling Albion unless we pick up injuries our friendly with Man City. I don't know what was/is the situation with Chris Millar but if there is any doubt then he  should not be anywhere near the squad. The other major dilemma  of course is whether TW sticks or twists ( and shouts:wink: )  with the goalkeeper position.??

Anyway, I am looking forward to this  one and hopefully we can get off to a great start.  COYS.

Guest ScottMann

What's the story with Watson? We were warned he was injury prone but then assured he was over that and fully fit yet he's rarely featured as he's been out injured. 

It's a good time to play the sheep. They're in slovenia, Thursday night, will probably fly back straight after the game, getting back here in the early hours of the morning, sore legs stiffening, restricted space, light training session on Friday later on to stretch off, then only have a day to properly recover before we shove the SPFL 2016-17 first game of the season right down their bleeting throats. COYS another 5-1 will do . 

Thank God, the football is back. For just over 3500 of us this is all we pretty much live for, sjfc.

Squabbles apart we are the life of the club and there is nothing better than walking through the entrance, taking your seat in anticipation of what lies ahead during the next 90 minutes and ultimately the rest of the season.

Let's hope it's another incredible one :cool:

Mon the Sainteeees!!!!!!! 

I'm concerned about Sunday. They have had real competitive games, presumably with a reasonably settled side that represents their first team

Although we have played in the cup, the games were not of the same intensity and I am not sure that we have played what could be considered as our 'first team'

They may be that bit sharper 

Saying all that, I'm always a pessimistic b******

A lot of pressure on Aberdeen to get off to the right start if they want to genuinely challenge Celtic this season, and against the team that ruined their season last year.  I see every reason for Saints to go into this positively and play on that pressure.  We are at home, and have really good attacking potential in our side, so I'd hope we'd get into them from the first whistle.

I bet we site off them and let them settle though.  We always do.