Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

But if the only reference he could find to Scottish football was a third division write up then it would be what he was complaining about.

Exactly

As far as BBC were concerned this morning the top stories in world football were:

1) Mexico winning Olympic gold

2) Billionaire ashley investing in Rangers (which is a falsehood in itself)

3) Rangers held to draw

ODAB - do you agree that these were the top stories?

I would have put any SPL game above these. I would have put the young Celtic guy being taken to hospital with serious injuries ahead of this. I would have put Liverpool signing Joe Allen above this.

Stevensan,keep it up son. The apologist for the new 3rd divison team just does not get it.

By the way there is no such team as Rangers.

I see on BBC website that Black has been called up for Scotland(disgrace,his form is poor even by 3rd division standards). Is he the first 3rd division player to play for Scotland.

Also on the BBC page today under a tab marked RANGERS is the story 'Beattie completes move to Perth'. Surely there can be no real justification for this as this story will not really interest Rangers fans, but concerns Saints fans, and should be under ST JOHNSTONE as that's who he's signed for

Also on the BBC page today under a tab marked RANGERS is the story 'Beattie completes move to Perth'. Surely there can be no real justification for this as this story will not really interest Rangers fans, but concerns Saints fans, and should be under ST JOHNSTONE as that's who he's signed for

During the close season, no matter what club tab you clicked on, there were lots of "Rangers stories". I seemed the bbc website was only interested in stories about that lot.

Rangers Tax-Case ‏@rangerstaxcase

Neil McCann- that side-letter RFC sent you on 13 July 2001? That is a 2nd contract.

---

RTC now even quoting dates... how long before the FTT delivers and someone manages to connect Whyte/Ticketus/Green with something concrete...?

Stevensan,keep it up son. The apologist for the new 3rd divison team just does not get it.

By the way there is no such team as Rangers.

I see on BBC website that Black has been called up for Scotland(disgrace,his form is poor even by 3rd division standards). Is he the first 3rd division player to play for Scotland.

Well I'm still waiting for john to explain how exactly I am defending Rangers so please feel free to have a go and expalin how I am a Rangers' apologist. And it might be a good idea to actually check what I have written before responding.

Edited by ODAB

Exactly

As far as BBC were concerned this morning the top stories in world football were:

1) Mexico winning Olympic gold

2) Billionaire ashley investing in Rangers (which is a falsehood in itself)

3) Rangers held to draw

ODAB - do you agree that these were the top stories?

I would have put any SPL game above these. I would have put the young Celtic guy being taken to hospital with serious injuries ahead of this. I would have put Liverpool signing Joe Allen above this.

It really doesn't matter what I consider to be news as the BBC, like all media outlets, have to try and attract as many viewrs, readers, customers as they can. Now Tiger Woods was the number one news story for the best part of a month after his late night driving mishap in yet another "Man Likes His Hole" shocker. During this time there were countless number of stories that I would deem far more important and interesting but the BBC and others ran with this story. People in general really love a "fall from grace" story as we have seen with countless celebrities and public figures. So for an international site which is the bigger story: the most successful club in terms of league success in the world playing their first game in the lowest division possible having been throuhg a complete financial meltdown or two teams with next to no international following playing a run of the mill league game in a league with next to no international following bar an interest in two clubs? If you are going to get worked up at the fact that Rangers are still a bigger media draw than the SPL clubs bar Celtic then you're going to be irate for a very long time.

It really doesn't matter what I consider to be news as the BBC, like all media outlets, have to try and attract as many viewrs, readers, customers as they can.

No... No - they don't.

The BBC is a public service. They do not have to attract viewers by writing c*** like other stations/papers do. They are meant to be impartial and write/broadcast about things in the public interest. How many times did they write about 3rd division matches last season?

Look - I get it - Rangers is still a BIG story. I can understand other media outlets obsession - I can't get my head round the BBC though. It is Rangers this, Rangers that recently. Nothing about other SPL sides, and nothing even about Celtic.

If you are going to get worked up at the fact that Rangers are still a bigger media draw than the SPL clubs bar Celtic then you're going to be irate for a very long time.

I'm not Irate about that.

I'm irate that the media are printing absolute c*** about them. A billionaire is not investing in Rangers, and they are not signing 9 Newcastle players on loan, and a draw against Peterhead was a frankly shocking result when you look at the respective teams (yet the bbc made it seem like a fantastic result).

Richard used to run a 'media falsehoods' on the temple - he wouldn't be able to keep up with the pish they are printing right now. When RTC started the same pish was being printed about Craig Whyte...

...it really makes you wonder if its groundhog day.

I'm not Irate about that.

I'm irate that the media are printing absolute c*** about them. A billionaire is not investing in Rangers, and they are not signing 9 Newcastle players on loan, and a draw against Peterhead was a frankly shocking result when you look at the respective teams (yet the bbc made it seem like a fantastic result).

Richard used to run a 'media falsehoods' on the temple - he wouldn't be able to keep up with the pish they are printing right now. When RTC started the same pish was being printed about Craig Whyte...

...it really makes you wonder if its groundhog day.

You're right 'Groundhog Day' is the feeling. I've gone off reading local Clydeside papers apart from the Herald plus the radio has gone downhill this season. Some of these stories need exposed along with other stuff.

For those who are upset with the coverage that "The Rangers" are getting just now there is a simple solution. Don't watch the games, don't read the papers and just go to the SPL games and enjoy at least 3 years free from games where we have to put up with the large percentage of bigots who follow that team.

I for one would urge Kevin not to read out the scores from the SFL3 as for as far as I can remember he has only read out scores from the SPL, SFL1 and the Premiership (down south :D). If we start to read out their scores we are as bad as the press who are determined to keep the status quo .

The English forum I read has a topic relating to issues the Rangers fans caused in Peterhead with regard to flares and sectarian singing. Is nothing going to change at all?

The English forum I read has a topic relating to issues the Rangers fans caused in Peterhead with regard to flares and sectarian singing. Is nothing going to change at all?

Don't you mean '...the The Rangers fans...' yes it sounds daft but that is how they should be referred to.

Just dropping one of the 'thes' plays right into their hands and the hands of the MSM - as if nothing has happened. They've just somehow been spirited into Div 3 by a bunch of bigots comprising ALL of the rest of Scottish football. Rangers are dead - long live the Rangers - sh**e.

For those who are upset with the coverage that "The Rangers" are getting just now there is a simple solution. Don't watch the games, don't read the papers and just go to the SPL games and enjoy at least 3 years free from games where we have to put up with the large percentage of bigots who follow that team.

I for one would urge Kevin not to read out the scores from the SFL3 as for as far as I can remember he has only read out scores from the SPL, SFL1 and the Premiership (down south :D). If we start to read out their scores we are as bad as the press who are determined to keep the status quo .

Post of the week.

http://www.dundeeuni...rkC2Hs.facebook

So turns out Rangers/Sevco have not paid their football debts... despite what Green told us all earlier this week. Does the phrase 'we don't owe any Scottish club any money' mean something else in Green's world too?

Aha, it looks like I was right after all about them having paid £50,000 of their debts, not £500,000! :wink:

Ach, the thing is that none of us really know the real state of their finances. All we do know is that they are persistent liars and cheats, currently owned by a shyster. We know we can't rely on the Scottish media to investigate, so the world needs people like Rangers Tax Case and your excellent blog to keep the spotlight on that institution of evil. Thanks for your efforts and keep up the good work!

I believe that are those that believe the job is done here. Rangers are in the third and all is well.

Former old firm dominance and the slow death of Scottish football was the symptom of structural and idealogical problems within the game, not its cause.

With the ugly sisters now separated, now is the chance to take the root of the problem.

I'd say we are not even half way through our battle.

A year ago I would have had to be really cynical to suggest that the SPL were deliberately withholding money to try and force clubs into administration so they can turn round and say 'we told you so - lets put sevco back in the SPL and then you'll get paid'...

...but tonight I'm sat here thinking I might actually be onto something. That is how corrupt and untrustworthy our governing body has become.

A year ago I would have had to be really cynical to suggest that the SPL were deliberately withholding money to try and force clubs into administration so they can turn round and say 'we told you so - lets put sevco back in the SPL and then you'll get paid'...

...but tonight I'm sat here thinking I might actually be onto something. That is how corrupt and untrustworthy our governing body has become.

Interesting conspiracy theory. Actively trying to manufacture Armageddon. Scary thought.

The money the SPL are due the SFL clubs?