Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is it too cynical to suggest that Walter was brought in to move the season tickets and that he was always going to walk away after this was done?  He'll probably be back next June..............

Uncle Walter was definitely brought in to keep the fans happy, and give them some sort of incentive to buy season tickets, but I don't think he would have walked if Chuckles hadn't come waltzing back once all the cheques had cleared.  Not sure how many season tickets would have been sold if dear old Uncle Walter has shuffled off in his baffies a few weeks ago.

You are still not getting it, guys. This has nothing to do with football. Picture a wildlife documentary. Dead animal. Vultures, hovering overhead. Diving in, to grab a mouthful. Squabbling for a bit of meat before it dies. ITS NOT ABOUT FOOTBALL.

While I agree wholeheartedly with this, there are other complicating factors. First, Green is surely accountable for the returns to the investors he put together, so will do anything to get his rewards. What I don't understand is how an investment in a business that loses £1m a month can generate a return, but that's probably why I am skint and CG drives a fancy car.

Secondly, there are 30,000-40,000 paying punters who demand to see the club survive. I am equally unsure how a company that is worth very little could just cease to be with so many people behind it.

Fundamental issues I guess, but I can't answer them.

Sevco MUST survive!? What other vehicle would their knuckle dragging supporters choose to display their sectarian bile!

I genuinely feel sorry for them. They don't have the savvy to realise they have been played for fools!

Successive chairmen, and in particular Mr Green, deliberately played the sectarian card to get the fans on side and they fell for it hook line and sinker!?

Did I say I was genuinely sorry for them!?! Hahaha let's all laugh at Sevco!?

For every duff decision my 'wee diddy team' have had at their hands !? Bring it on I say, every time something else is reported I think it can't get any worse for them..and then!? You couldn't write a better script!!!!

I can't bring myself to feel sorry for Sevco fans at all. Perhaps if they had behaved differently to filling up my Facebook feed with "you will all die without us" and "we will be back to get you" and "none of this is Rangers fault, it's a witch-hunt" and the like and actually acted with a bit of humility and acceptance that their predicament is ALL their own doing, then maybe, just maybe, I might have had an ounce of concern for them.

But, due to the way they have behaved through all this.......F**K THEM

I can't bring myself to feel sorry for Sevco fans at all. Perhaps if they had behaved differently to filling up my Facebook feed with "you will all die without us" and "we will be back to get you" and "none of this is Rangers fault, it's a witch-hunt" and the like and actually acted with a bit of humility and acceptance that their predicament is ALL their own doing, then maybe, just maybe, I might have had an ounce of concern for them.

But, due to the way they have behaved through all this.......F**K THEM

Aye, yer right.

Feck them.

That reads like the money was trousered by the administrators. As recent events at Hearts have confirmed, never fork out any of your hard earned to a football club, even one that you love, when it's in administration. You're as well setting fire to your money.

They even stole £200K from charity.  Can this lot stoop even lower?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-23587678

They even stole £200K from charity.  Can this lot stoop even lower?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-23587678

"The Rangers Charity foundation has and continues to donate? ? Millions" etc. Etc.

Does make you wonder exactly how much is being creamed off.

(added, allegedly)

Edited by HOODLUM65

The charity thing is a new low and yet another government agency with a fudged report.  Found guilty of misconduct, but no action as 'they acted in good faith' by ensuring the match went ahead so that the charity benefited... Except... It didn't.  The charity accounts have been floating around twitter for a few months thanks to @corsica1968 and they clearly show not a penny of the AC Milan money went to charity.  It all went to RFC (in liquidation).

Re: MontroseSaintees question re: how the 'investors' make money?  Simples,

Total investment to start up was 5m.  From this 5m they have clawed back millions in a commericial deal (1m for Ashley) and approx 6m in 'salaries'.  So they are ahead already.  In addition they gave themselves a pile of 'penny shares'.  Last time I check Green himself had over 5m of these 'penny' shares.  The same shares went to being 'worth' 80p each when the club (sorry, company) floated in december.  The only catch is they are not allowed to sell these shares within 12 months of the flotation date, which is december this year.

Now, with 22m in the bank (to pay the operating expenses), plus the season ticket money from the 40k gullible best fans in the world they have just enough to make it to.... December.  When of course Green and co will cash in (probably at 30 - 40p a share - but anything more than 1p see's them double their money) leaving a business behind which has next to no income and a 30m black hole over the next 12 months (hmmm, where did we hear that before).

Of course there will be very few creditors this time around, as no one will give them any credit.  However the 'debt' will be owed by the club (thats The Rangers FC ltd, and not Rangers International FC PLC for those not keeping up) to the holding company (thats Rangers International) for all the expenses that they have paid.  Of course, this means only one thing - TRFC come up with a pile of cash to pay off the shareholders, or, and much more likely RI take the stadium and anything else that has any value to pay off the debt.  After that TRFC will have no stadium which will be leased back to them (see, even more money for the original investors) and will have to live within their means (hahahaha).  Problem with that is they wont have 40k fans coming 2nd to Celtic every year, which will see them fall further and further behind.  Whereas most Scottish clubs are set up to survive on small attendances, Rangers NEED approx 25/30k a match just to break even given the cost of their overheads.

There is still lots more to come... get the popcorn ready.

PS - following this saga just reinforces how lucky we are to follow a real club!