#31 - 19/02/12 - Aberdeen 0-0 Saints - SPL

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching on Sky..anybody else think our game is just a nuisance to the studio pundits ( hundreds of miles away) Lots about the OF and next to nothing about Saints.A poor game but I thought we were ok.Havent been a big fan of McCracken but once again I thought he played well. Millar,Morris and Muzz were off the pace all day.A magnificent shift from Sandaza.shame about the shooting.If Haber had scored at the end I would have been delighted but a point about right.

Did either team have a shot on target? No idea how we kept a clean sheet today. Callum Davidson had a nightmare. As did Wright. Croft wasted our best chances, Fran continues to miss great chances that he would have scored last year, Lomas was once again too late in making subs. What a shite game. What a shite advert for Scottish football.

Positives

Well done any saintees who were up there today. We are still very much in the fight for 4th place, yes we have hit a dodgy spell but we are still up there. Pity we don't have a trip to ibrox anytime soon!

A point away to a very in form Aberdeen is a good point. Just a pity it's not 3 as they were very much up for grabs today.

Awful game, looked tired, but that's to be expected. I'm more than happy with a clean sheet, but the lack of attempts and the fact, other teams are closing in on us isn't too pleasing.

However, we are up against Dunfermline next week, Killie and United will slit each others throats midweek, so we are more than in the driving seat for top 6.

Did either team have a shot on target? No idea how we kept a clean sheet today. Callum Davidson had a nightmare. As did Wright. Croft wasted our best chances, Fran continues to miss great chances that he would have scored last year, Lomas was once again too late in making subs. What a shite game. What a shite advert for Scottish football.--.

How can you be asking if either team had a shot on goal and then say you don't know how we didn't lose the match :)

Another point away from home and a clean sheet.

Some folk are never happy.

Thank feck I never wasted £50 to go today, would've taken point at start, but what a poor game!Croft looked like he'd never kicked a ball before,then almost cost us by playing football thirty yards out, when a punt would've done at that point.Frans lost his shooting boots,three pass back shots, although on target, then fires over the bar when in great position.

Awful game, looked tired, but that's to be expected. I'm more than happy with a clean sheet, but the lack of attempts and the fact, other teams are closing in on us isn't too pleasing.

However, we are up against Dunfermline next week, Killie and United will slit each others throats midweek, so we are more than in the driving seat for top 6.

Apart from Killie who won yesterday, where do you get the inpression that other teams are closing in on us?

I must admit Aberdeen would ha ve been better, going on recent reports.

Despite passes going astray for both teams, Dons were very poor being tbe home side.

Moral victory in my opinion.

Keep the faith.

How can you be asking if either team had a shot on goal and then say you don't know how we didn't lose the match :)

Another point away from home and a clean sheet.

Some folk are never happy.

I said I didn't know how we managed to keep a clean sheet, our defence was awful. We gifted Aberdeen a few chances but luckily for us their finishing was as bad as our defending.

As I said in the rest of my post it is a great point away to a very in form Aberdeen and we are still favourites for 4th. Good times.

Did either team have a shot on target? No idea how we kept a clean sheet today. Callum Davidson had a nightmare. As did Wright. Croft wasted our best chances, Fran continues to miss great chances that he would have scored last year, Lomas was once again too late in making subs. What a shite game. What a shite advert for Scottish football.

Positives

Well done any saintees who were up there today. We are still very much in the fight for 4th place, yes we have hit a dodgy spell but we are still up there. Pity we don't have a trip to ibrox anytime soon!

A point away to a very in form Aberdeen is a good point. Just a pity it's not 3 as they were very much up for grabs today.

No idea what game you were watching!But for what it's worth, i disagree with everything you say!!

I said I didn't know how we managed to keep a clean sheet, our defence was awful. We gifted Aberdeen a few chances but luckily for us their finishing was as bad as our defending.

As I said in the rest of my post it is a great point away to a very in form Aberdeen and we are still favourites for 4th. Good times.

Don't know where you were watching the game.

Only thing in your comment I agree with is Dons were the form team.

Also where did you see Saints defence were shite.

Wright may have not been up to his usual high standard and his distribution was woeful, however Dons defence gifted Saints possession on numerous occasions and on another day would have been punished.

That was dire.

Any non Dons Saints fan watching that would think Scottish football is crap. Oh so it is.

First half Aberdeen were their for the beating as they thought they were up against a decent side. Second half they went for it a bit & probably should have scored a couple.

Was crying out for Croft to come on for Millar at half time but wish he hadn`t .Both missed 2 good chances.

Jody Morris was his usual non existant & Craig had his worst game of the season. How did Haber miss that sitter in the last minute & will Lomas learn to use his subs.

Would have taken a point at worst before the game but relieved to take one at the ned.

It is mybe a sign of how far the team has come or just fans that have watched the game in the pub, but I think the comments on here are so down on loads of players that it is incredible. They have gone away from home again and got a decent result.

As Tranmre said the pitch was terrible. Haber's chance at the end was a good one but in no way was it a sitter and credit to the lad for attacking it like he did.

Well I watched it on the telly and I am not too downhearted. I thought we were the better side for most of the game. I thought Aberdeen were there for the taking but i do think we tired a little. Granted we didnt make really clear cut chances but Mannus wasn't exactly overworked either. It was a crap game and I didnt think the pitch helped either. We did what we needed to, we battled. Before the game I would have been happy with a draw and with the Hearts result yesterday I am not going to change my mind now.