Lomas Tenure Up?

St Mikey

Played decent first half, didn't deserve to go in a goal down. Looked a bit flat second half, Hibs came out the better team. Tade missed a couple one on ones with Ando missing what looked like an easy header at the back post. Pawlett came on, looked lively but wasn't brought in to play nearly enough. Was infuriating to look over at the dugout to see Lomas standing with both hands in his pockets looking disinterested. His lack of enthusiasm and fight most definitely has an effect on the determination shown by the team, which for the majority was non existent. Time is up for Lomas, been to every game and now sick of paying my money at away grounds to see a lacklustre showing. LOMAS OUT!

The line ' too good a team to go down' has been said of a few teams, and our squad is far too good to go down, and to be getting turned over from aberdeen and hibs.

Something within the squad has been wrong since the end of last season, and no signs of improvement in this.

We can't afford to let it go on any longer, time for him to go.

The first half saw probably our best half for a long tme.

We didn;t take our chances but for me the set up in the second half really summed up Lomas. We had Craig on the right Hazelbank on the left then switched back and then Pollet put on to the Right and Hazelbank to the left and then Higgins and May on with Tada and hazelbank removed and instead of going 3 up he pushed Vine back into left midfield.

Playing Davidson with an injury and leaving Moon out of the squad really is incredible.

If I was Moon I would be getting my agent to get round clubs and get me out of Perth. Likewise for May.

Sadly I think his time has come and a change now is required.

Having an eye for a player doesn't make a good manager necessarily. He obviously is lacking in many other areas. Now is the right time for him to get gone. I'm hopeful he'll actually resign in the next day or so. So out of his depth its painful. I had hopes for this appointment as he probably had more experience, and had playing experience at a higher level than Del or Owen.This should have been a good grounding for this type of job. But it hasn't panned out that way.

Steve, there is no shame in knowing your level. A good youth/reserve manager is invaluable. Do yourself a favour.

Steve, there is no shame in knowing your level. A good youth/reserve manager is invaluable. Do yourself a favour.

That is the incredile thing that I cannot understand. His background is in working with youth players and yet he will not give the youth a chance. He said he loves working with the young players, but they need to be played.

That is the incredile thing that I cannot understand. His background is in working with youth players and yet he will not give the youth a chance. He said he loves working with the young players, but they need to be played.

It's a different matter bringing them on for another manager to make a decision on. He obviously feels that he needs "campaigners" to kick on from last year.

Resign SL. Have you no pride? Never been one to shout for the managers head but no more excuses. Young Mr Brown, you just need to pop up the road and collect a man from the land of the Smokie or the 1st division beckons. Thank f... for Scumdee...but for how long.

Dont want him to fall like John Connolly did .

Prefer someone outwith the club with a bit more experience of the SPL and player management

The first half saw probably our best half for a long tme.

We didn;t take our chances but for me the set up in the second half really summed up Lomas. We had Craig on the right Hazelbank on the left then switched back and then Pollet put on to the Right and Hazelbank to the left and then Higgins and May on with Tada and hazelbank removed and instead of going 3 up he pushed Vine back into left midfield.

Playing Davidson with an injury and leaving Moon out of the squad really is incredible.

If I was Moon I would be getting my agent to get round clubs and get me out of Perth. Likewise for May.

Sadly I think his time has come and a change now is required.

Things must be bad MS for you to speak out. Agree about Moon & May by the way.

Played decent first half, didn't deserve to go in a goal down. Looked a bit flat second half, Hibs came out the better team. Tade missed a couple one on ones with Ando missing what looked like an easy header at the back post. Pawlett came on, looked lively but wasn't brought in to play nearly enough. Was infuriating to look over at the dugout to see Lomas standing with both hands in his pockets looking disinterested. His lack of enthusiasm and fight most definitely has an effect on the determination shown by the team, which for the majority was non existent. Time is up for Lomas, been to every game and now sick of paying my money at away grounds to see a lacklustre showing. LOMAS OUT!

The picture here suggests SL is not disinterested.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19382362

You yourself said we played decent in the first half. Had we not created all the chances you and others have mentioned then I can understand calls for his sacking. I guess it shows just how narrow the line is between success and failure.

I'm not entirely comfortable with this talk of thirteen games without a win. We ended last season poorly when the top six proved just too much for us with a depleted squad. This is a different side though and a much changed squad. We took on a club with a multi-million pound squad in Europe, so are we judging Lomas on that too? It'd only be eleven games without a win if we hadn't achieved something by reaching Europe!

So this season, we lose a man to an incredibly soft red card at Tynecastle but despite that could have nicked an equaliser before getting caught with a second goal when chasing the match. We then deservedly lead Motherwell but are made to pay for missing good chances. Last week was poor and no real excuse for it but we were missing a lot of players. Still not good enough though and I accept that. Today we'd been the better side (by a fair bit IMO) but find ourselves two goals down, from where it's always going to be hard to come back from.

For me, we have lost three and drawn one of the matches I'll really judge Lomas on but think we deserved far more than just a point from these games, even though we've maybe not been at our best. I actually think everything Lomas has said after the match today was right and still think we can get going and have a decent season, the squad is certainly there.

Don't expect many to agree with me but he still has my support if the players are still behind him. His job is certainly in no more danger in my mind than it was a week ago.

The picture here suggests SL is not disinterested.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19382362

You yourself said we played decent in the first half. Had we not created all the chances you and others have mentioned then I can understand calls for his sacking. I guess it shows just how narrow the line is between success and failure.

Having not seen that picture I now take back everything I have said about Lomas, he deserves a contract extension.

Steve doesn't appear to be taking us forward at the moment. He had a squad that was top 6 last season and lost some of that squad over the summer but he has also been able to buy in more players (unlike many of our opposing teams). I don't think it is unreasonable to expect better results than we are seeing at the moment.

How much of the "problem" at the moment is down to poor communication? The times I have met him he has talked about double the speed of anyone else and is full of soundbites. Is he really getting his ideas and thoughts through to the coaching staff and players or has he just become a media outlet?

Edited by SairNuts

I'm not entirely comfortable with this talk of thirteen games without a win. We ended last season poorly when the top six proved just too much for us with a depleted squad. This is a different side though and a much changed squad. We took on a club with a multi-million pound squad in Europe, so are we judging Lomas on that too? It'd only be eleven games without a win if we hadn't achieved something by reaching Europe!

So this season, we lose a man to an incredibly soft red card at Tynecastle but despite that could have nicked an equaliser before getting caught with a second goal when chasing the match. We then deservedly lead Motherwell but are made to pay for missing good chances. Last week was poor and no real excuse for it but we were missing a lot of players. Still not good enough though and I accept that. Today we'd been the better side (by a fair bit IMO) but find ourselves two goals down, from where it's always going to be hard to come back from.

For me, we have lost three and drawn one of the matches I'll really judge Lomas on but think we deserved far more than just a point from these games, even though we've maybe not been at our best. I actually think everything Lomas has said after the match today was right and still think we can get going and have a decent season, the squad is certainly there.

Don't expect many to agree with me but he still has my support if the players are still behind him. His job is certainly in no more danger in my mind than it was a week ago.

If's coulds and might have beens Radders.

Lets deal in simple facts.

Today we LOST again.

Today we failed to score AGAIN

We have ONE point from a possible FIFTEEN so far this season.

How much longer do we rely on HOPE???

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

13 games without a win and 11 games without a clean sheet. The latter is the most important factor because there would have been a lot of results in that 11 games if we'd managed that area. If Steve is going to stay he should look seriously at the goalkeeper and defence. Individually on paper the defence looks good so it may just be organisation but to be honest we've let in some daft goals where e could have won e.g. Motherell, or drawn e.g. Eskisehirspor. Now with Celtic and United coming up it seems a long time since a win, March 1-0 against Inverness. There is also a potentially awkward League Cup game coming up.

The midfield and forward area looks fine to me and there were good signings and they hopefully should gel. We do need a goal scorer to emerge from these players but missing Sandaza. Just watched that game.

Edited by Ronaldo

If's coulds and might have beens Radders.

Lets deal in simple facts.

Today we LOST again.

Today we failed to score AGAIN

We have ONE point from a possible FIFTEEN so far this season.

One point from fifteen ?? Come on Ghostie hes in enough sh*te without exagerating. :?

Obviously I'm not going to back him indefinitely but it's four games we've played this season with this squad. Last season with Sandaza and Morris is pretty much irrelevant in my thinking at the moment. Appreciate my post can come across as excuses for him and I'm far from delighted with him but at the moment, tempted to see where we are after the first round of fixtures. This is only taking into account what I've seen on the pitch though. There are problems, we haven't started well in some games, have looked unorganised and several other negative things too but I keep coming back to the fact it's only four games into a new season with a squad containing, what is it, ten new players.