Dundee Utd V Saints 26/12/12 K-O 12 Noon

The ghost of Jim Morton

Having put yesterdays game firmly behind me, I hope that we can actually go out at tannadice and play some fitba. Getting a wee bit sick of some of the performances in terms of application from the players on the park. We'll gentlemen, it is reaching the point where you must stand up and be counted. As I am constantly reminded by Arabs at my work, it has been phucking years since we beat them in the league.

A fluid performance with a high tempo where the ball is moved quickly when we have it and where the ball is pressured when we don't, is a must.

We have the players to do it and I hope the manager plays them in the positions where they are most suited and can do the job best.

We will have a great travelling support and for once, I would love to saee that support rewarded with not only a win , but a good win.

Losing is not an option with ICT up next before we face the Coagies. We need at least 6 points from the next 3 games otherwise our season will begin to disintegrate and it will end up a mediocre bottom six slog.

So come on Saints, get yer fingers oot, get yer phucking heads up and play like we know you are capable of.

Team wise I have no great thoughts...

Need a good performance and a win, everyone is picking up points and we are steadily slipping down the league, 7th now and with teams below us with games in hand! Been too many hard luck stories this season, too many chances missed, too many defensive mistakes - next 3 games are huge, a couple of wins and we go back to 3/4th lose and we'll be down there with St midden, County and Dundee! Reckon we'll take the same as we took to Dens (1500) but hopefully we'll manage to add another 200+ on top of that!

Tade has been pish since he came out slagging Inverness in the press.See if you're playing well and so are the team,try and learn to keep your mouth shut or it comes back to bite you in the erse.

Our back bone has been dislodged over the last 8 games or so with injuries and suspensions.

Time to get some pride back.

cys

Everyone who has been on crap runs get their game back against us. Aberdeen have only won 3 at home and 1 against us in the monsoon. I think Hibs have only won 1 in 5. Against us. United have been shite lately but I am never confident against them.

Our defending is shocking at times and some of the 2nd string players coming in are barely SPL relegation quality.

We have now slid down to 7th. A defeat against united could find us dropping further.

It's a must win as far as I'm concerned and the players better raise their game.

expectations of our fans are sinking fast. Performances are lacking something. This needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. For one we should not be playing players out of position! A continued frustration of mine. Not sure if we will cope with uniteds pace. We must play down the wings as uniteds full backs are weak. I predict a 3-3 draw.

Mannus

Mackay Ando Wright Davidson

Pawlett Millar Muzz Craig

Mclean Tade

subs-Tuffey Miller Cregg Vine Hasselbaink Caddis Moffat

Callum will not play 2 games in 5 days & going by his lack of pace on Saturday I don`t think we will see him as more than backup from now on.

Would still like to see McLean & Vine up front as they looked good against Hearts.

How Saints could go from playing Hearts off the park to being so poor against Cowdenbeath & Aberdeen.

expectations of our fans are sinking fast. Performances are lacking something. This needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. For one we should not be playing players out of position! A continued frustration of mine. Not sure if we will cope with uniteds pace. We must play down the wings as uniteds full backs are weak. I predict a 3-3 draw.

Fullbacks are not the problem. It is at centre half United have struggled all season long. Gunning and Dillon look like shadows of the players they were last year and McLean looks like a lamppost. Everything points to goals and lots of them. 0-0 it is then.

expectations of our fans are sinking fast. Performances are lacking something. This needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. For one we should not be playing players out of position! A continued frustration of mine. Not sure if we

will cope with uniteds pace. We must play down the wings as uniteds full backs are weak. I predict a 3-3 draw.

I was reading your comments " sooner rather than later" and at the very same time on the BBC I Player, Sarah Lancaster spoke the same words.

Is this an omen that the" sooner rather than later " will happen in the next match.

800?? Would be extreamly surprised if we only took that! Yeah we aren't playing great but cant see only taking half of what we took to dens, considering everyone is off I'd expect 1500!

Hmm I think you may be surprised. The rivalry between Saints and Dundee United isn't as strong as it is with Saints and Dundee. Boxing Day is another day I think people like to spend with their families. In current economic climate it might be a choice between the game this Wednesday and the one next Wednesday...