Richard Brittain

john1962

I know feck all about this deal and happily leave it in the hands of our Chairman Stevie Brown to sort one way or another - Pretty sure IF Roy McGregor at Ross County thought for a moment HE and his club were in the right then they would not be asking Saints to rip up the agreement NOR would Roy Mcgregor travel down to have a face to face with Mr Brown in Perth.

IF Richie Brittain doesnt want to play for St.Johnstone and IF he has openly admitted it THEN to be honest I dont want him at Saints FULL STOP.

Lets get someone else in who does want to play for us.

I know feck all about this deal and happily leave it in the hands of our Chairman Stevie Brown to sort one way or another - Pretty sure IF Roy McGregor at Ross County thought for a moment HE and his club were in the right then they would not be asking Saints to rip up the agreement NOR would Roy Mcgregor travel down to have a face to face with Mr Brown in Perth.IF Richie Brittain doesnt want to play for St.Johnstone and IF he has openly admitted it THEN to be honest I dont want him at Saints FULL STOP.Lets get someone else in who does want to play for us.

I know that is the least I would expect from a deal .....a player who actually WANTED to play for us!

I hope we refuse no less than 6 figures for Richard as if they are wanting to buy out his contract with Saints it should be 1350 ( weekly wage ) X 104 ( 2 year contact ) = £ 140,400 

--------------

plus win bonus's (average of our last 2 seasons) they can afford it,or even better rb pays it himself to buy out his contract.

then he can go and kiss the badge and we will be well rid

if not welcome Richard to Saints 

sure the fans will be right behind you (Millwall and Lomas springs to mind)

If County have indeed registered him then it puts to bed any talk of this just being between Saints and Brittain i.e. Ross County were clearly trying their best to convince him to stay when it was clear they were going to be in the top six and could offer him wages similar to ours. I am confused as to how County can register him without him signing a contract with them, surely a club can't just go and register a free agent and them subsequently offer him a contract.

This is what has bugged me about this whole situation, Brittain seems to have only asked Saints to cancel his contract but there was always the assumption that this was because he wanted to stay at Ross County....but how could he be sure they would be offering a contract when they hadn't done so as late as January this year? Unless of course there was a cheeky wee discussion on the team bus about how much Saints were going to be paying him and how County could now, after securing top 6, afford either equal what he had agreed with us or better it.

In any case I think this whole mess is going to be watched by quite a few clubs, players and agents in the UK.

If County do/have register the player then the SFA should come down on them like a ton of bricks. They have no right to register a player that has already signed a pre-contract.

If they are allowed to do it, then we should register every player that goes out of contract with their club to prove what a farce it is.

Used to really like Ross County but I will take great pleasure if they get relegated next season . How do we know that Richie Brittain wants to remain at county as for all we know a club like Hibs or Aberdeen could have offered to double the wage Saints offered him . 

Guest Mongy Max

If they are going to register him it would suggest they have offered and he has accepted a contract despite having a legally binding agreement stating that he will sign for us when his current contract expires.

Does this mean they have tapped up another clubs player?

Regarding the pca, if it's written in those words and signed, it is legally binding. Richard brittain agrees to sign a contract at st johnstone based on these wages a week with bonuses based in a 2 year contract. The contract will be signed on 1st July 2013 following his contract expiry at Ross county.

If that is signed, I don't see how it's not binding.

I'd reckon Steve Brown doesn't want a player that doesn't want to be here either, but we should push for as much compensation as possible.

As I said I'd be happy to take £100k and use the money to add two quality players on a free transfer.

====

Agree with this, but I can also see the SFA/SPL taking an absolute age to sort it out, quite possibly after the season starts, and therefore the likelihood of securing any free signings lost.  As far as I can see, unless RB comes to Saints and plays with commitment, Saints lose out.

Edited by montrosesaintee

I was never really bothered about Ross County in the past but tehy really do deserve to be completely f*cking shafted because of this. Their manager is a chunt and their Chairman proving similar. Brittain can get tae **** as well, as long as it costs his club 100k + in compensation. 

does anybody realy think were gona get any money out of this

====

I expect we will end up with nothing, with the biased media making us out to be the bad guys.  I would be worried if I were Steve Brown, as his admirable approach of keeping private business within the walls of MacDiarmid Park may well be about to bite him on the arse.  It's difficult to compete passively with an aggressor using the media like RC are doing.  It's pretty much the lowest form of bullying, and I personally find the way they are behaving pretty despicable.

does anybody realy think were gona get any money out of this

If we don't get any money (assuming RB stays at RC) then the whole PCA situation is fecked. The only way a player should get out of a PCA is to retire or die. If a club was to try and back out of a PCA then they would surely have to pay compensation to the player, unless the player failed a medical.

Edited by glenrothes saintee

If we don't get any money (assuming RB stays at RC) then the whole PCA situation is fecked. The only way a player should get out of a PCA is to retire or die. If a club was to try and back out of a PCA then they would surely have to pay compensation to the player, unless the player failed a medical.

====

Don't give them any ideas. They might claim he has died and then will be risen again. DA loves that stuff.

I was never really bothered about Ross County in the past but tehy really do deserve to be completely f*cking shafted because of this. Their manager is a chunt and their Chairman proving similar. Brittain can get tae **** as well, as long as it costs his club 100k + in compensation. 

That is my feeling also, I've been trying to stay positive about this, but now Brittain really can go and fling sh*te at himself, and his poxy little club can disappear into oblivion for all I care.

I wanted this to end peacefully with him playing for us next season, now I f*kin dare the little b'stard to show his face anywhere near Mcdiarmid Park!! And I hope its ages before he recovers from injury.

To be honest, I don't have a problem with Brittain himself. He's just thought he's made a mistake and has privately tried to get out of it (rightly or wrongly). He hasn't been spouting shit in the press and has kept his own counsel.

Its County that have dragged this into the public domain and can't seem to keep quiet regarding a player that isn't really anything to do with them.