Fans Representative Meeting Tonight

slf

Aye, about as welcome as I've always been made at Ibrox. Poor we put upon Orcs. Bullied and taunted by narrow minded me.

I do not bother about this type of remark, was used to it listening to the c@@p at Ibrox! For the record due to my sons football we gave up our season tickets 2 seasons ago. I began attending Saints games with him when we could long before the fiasco at Ibrox.

One of the main reasons for not going back is that I wanted my son to watch football in a non bigot, non knuckle dragging moron environment. Another reason was that I did not want to continue to support a team with so called "fans" threatening peoples families I know that work at Saints. As regards to returning to watch Rangers, my son and I are now probably more pro Saints than most and we love the environment and going to the game with local friends.

And lastly my Dad has supported Saints for over 50 years and is pleased that his son and grandson have finally seen the light.

Only a burd would accept turncoats with open arms;),are they using Saints as their big team for glory hunting?

Wee Craig Wilson fae tulloch was a rangers season ticket holder for years , went on the bus to ibrox fae perth . Due to non footballing issues he started watching saints and has been going to games home and away for a good few years now .That's a supporter saints need . When I first started watching saints a lot of the guys I used to go with were fans of other clubs , in fact half the mbs supported other teams but would follow saints home and away .

What I'm getting to is , who fecking cares if you supported another team before , if you are spending hard earned cash following saints and not being a complete arse then that'll do for me.

Edited by andy rhodes fancy watch

I do not bother about this type of remark, was used to it listening to the c@@p at Ibrox! For the record due to my sons football we gave up our season tickets 2 seasons ago. I began attending Saints games with him when we could long before the fiasco at Ibrox.

One of the main reasons for not going back is that I wanted my son to watch football in a non bigot, non knuckle dragging moron environment. Another reason was that I did not want to continue to support a team with so called "fans" threatening peoples families I know that work at Saints. As regards to returning to watch Rangers, my son and I are now probably more pro Saints than most and we love the environment and going to the game with local friends.

And lastly my Dad has supported Saints for over 50 years and is pleased that his son and grandson have finally seen the light.

Braw. Enjoy some real football in a non-evil environment.

Great name for a lapsed Ger.

I used to go to Ibrox on my own as a 14 year old during the treble days of the mid 70's.

Then I saw the light, way before you did I must add :)

Edited by andrew

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any new news from Yul and his magnificent 6 :wink:  on this,as there are at least a couple of dissenting voices.I can't believe any club will vote to keep the 11-1 majority,it's our last chance to get any where near democracy imo 

Apparently there is twelve now Dave.  Just me and you not on it :laugh:

Is there any new news from Yul and his magnificent 6 :wink:  on this,as there are at least a couple of dissenting voices.I can't believe any club will vote to keep the 11-1 majority,it's our last chance to get any where near democracy imo 

..........................................................................................................................................................

Meeting  this coming Tuesday.. Nothing new has been said since the last meeting of which I  posted details. I will again  be happy to post any new details after Tuesdays meeting. The  message I had reminding me of the next meeting though, has nothing on the agenda regarding league reconstruction. Player of the year event and  Hall of Fame  discussions seem to be  the  topics for this  meeting..

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

Meeting this coming Tuesday.. Nothing new has been said since the last meeting of which I posted details. I will again be happy to post any new details after Tuesdays meeting. The message I had reminding me of the next meeting though, has nothing on the agenda regarding league reconstruction. Player of the year event and Hall of Fame discussions seem to be the topics for this meeting..

Cheers Ghostie, if you get the chance, can you ask why Saints are willing to accept 11-1?

Apparently there is twelve now Dave.  Just me and you not on it :laugh:

I am NOT on it either -NOR do I want to be.

As far as I know it was an incentive by the club to invite various people to a small session of meetings to assist the club in -:

Looking at ways of getting more fans to attend-

Increase the revenue towards the club through various means -Fundraising etc etc

I believe there are some there who have NO input but choose to go along for a cup of tea and to be "part of the club" and basically offer nothing ( I do NOT include el spooky in the latter because you could never really shut him up at the best of times !)

I know most of the "local" run Supporters clubs were invited along -but for some reason Barossa Street missed out on this (although this has now been rectified AT LAST and Chairman Morrison has accepted the invite).

We had Roddy G down at our last meeting and the club ARE looking for fresh ideas and he and Steve Brown are only a telephone call away IF anyone has ideas to generate revenue.

Initially (as I said) the club decided on a "Small group" who they thought could generate ideas BUT they do intend opening discussions up in various ways and I think I heard RG stating an OPEN meeting somewhere would happen BUT that that was down to the Chairman as the last thing they needed was a hall full of folk shouting over each other to get their own points across -Fair doo as we can all have varying opinions and heated moments.

So lets see how things develop and await the decisions.

I am NOT on it either -NOR do I want to be.

As far as I know it was an incentive by the club to invite various people to a small session of meetings to assist the club in -:

Looking at ways of getting more fans to attend-

Increase the revenue towards the club through various means -Fundraising etc etc

I believe there are some there who have NO input but choose to go along for a cup of tea and to be "part of the club" and basically offer nothing ( I do NOT include el spooky in the latter because you could never really shut him up at the best of times !)

I know most of the "local" run Supporters clubs were invited along -but for some reason Barossa Street missed out on this (although this has now been rectified AT LAST and Chairman Morrison has accepted the invite).

We had Roddy G down at our last meeting and the club ARE looking for fresh ideas and he and Steve Brown are only a telephone call away IF anyone has ideas to generate revenue.

Initially (as I said) the club decided on a "Small group" who they thought could generate ideas BUT they do intend opening discussions up in various ways and I think I heard RG stating an OPEN meeting somewhere would happen BUT that that was down to the Chairman as the last thing they needed was a hall full of folk shouting over each other to get their own points across -Fair doo as we can all have varying opinions and heated moments.

So lets see how things develop and await the decisions.

That pretty much covers it :wink:

Any updates from the chosen few?

Not much to actually update everyone about after tonights meeting. Mostly  sorting out this seasons PotY night ( Thread now started regarding that). There was a bit of discussion on yesterdays  vote, and a few other bits and pieces. Having been up since 4.30am this morning and having to be up again same time tomorrow, I don't have the time or the energy to  go into any detail right now, but hopefully tomorow after work, I will post some  deatails for those that are interested.

If in the meantime anyone else who was present wants to pop some stuff on here then braw..

Brief summation of last nights meeting.

Player of year dinner was discussed , date  confirmed and also the format .. ( see seperate thread for more details)

Short discussion on St.Johnstone hall of fame regarding venue ( hopefully Perth Concert hall) dates  were discussed  and the club have a couple of provisionally booked dates. More discussion to follow at next meetings. The chairman also suggested an initial panel to come up with names  of possible inductees before  putting these nominations out to the support to vote. It was likely that two of the Focus group would be asked to join this panel and they would be joined by possibly 6 others from the supporters of the club.. This would be discussed and actioned at a meeting in the very near future. Various opinions on the price of this event were voiced. Nothing was agreed,  but again it would be discussed in the near future.

We then spent a  good bit of time discussing  promotions by the club. Everyone agreed that the "Football for a fiver" for 13-18 year olds was a great idea..

The idea of ticket packages was then raised and a suggestion  made that the club do a  2 game package for ICT  and Motherwell games  ( initially we  talked about  the final 3 games but given the lack of time before the Ross County game means that that is  not practical)

We then talked about  Season tickets, and match packages for next season. Various  ideas of 3 , 5 and 10 game  ticket packages were  talked about.  It was agreed to discuss this and possible costs further at the next meeting.

I suggested that the club supply us with 20,000 flyers over the summer and said that if they did, I would find people to post them through letterboxes in Perth and the surrounding villages. This met with agreement and  we would take this idea forward at the  next few meetings.

Student gate. It was again suggested by  numerous  people round the table that we needed to have a student gate from next season.  This was agreed in principle and  would be taken forward and discussed further in the very near future.

We then  listen to the Chairman as he talked about his disappointment at the outcome of the  restructuring vote and gave us some information regarding how  lack of finance was now going to be a  big problem ( bigger than before) for all of the teams in the SPL and SFL  . He then opened the floor to question ...There were many... Probably too many for me to even remember them all but ...

He was asked  about the 11-1 vote and why Saints were happy to vote to keep this. His answer was  quite  a revelation. He stated that actually, contrary to what some had said in the press, the 11-1 vote was NOT being kept  at all ( except for protected  matters ie. Home  teams keep home revenue and some other  pretty obvious stuff).

He was then asked why we could not have a 16 team league. He spend a good deal of time explaining  how a 16 team league could not work financially.. To have only 15 home games  would be financial suicide and pretty much no club apart from Celtic could sustain  full time football anywhere near the level that clubs do now.

The Chairman was also asked about league sponsorship and the connection to the  new  structure. He said a sponsor was in place but only if the  proposals went through. when asked why, he  said that the  sponsor  wanted to be  seen to be  investing in a new and  more exciting league. There was more but there is only so much I can remember.

He was asked if the failure of the propsal would affect the current TV deal. He said it would not although  had the proposal gone through the TV revenue would have increased as the TV companies would have covered  middle 8 games as well.

He finished by saying that at least £5 million  would now be lost to the overall cash pot of the Scottish game and in the short to mid term could mean  that more clubs could find themselves in the situation which Dunfermline are currently suffering. Relegation  from the SPL  could  now quite easily mean part time football for most clubs due to the utter lack of finance in that league.

There was probaly a few more question but for now thats about my lot. If I think of anything else, I will post it and if any of the others on here who attended the meeting notice any  bit from the reconstruction  discussion that I have missed, PLEASE feel free to add to this.

We then  listened  again to the Chairman who said that he wanted to widen the participation in some of these  meetings. Whilst the current focus group  would continue, he said he also wanted to be able to hold more open discussions with a broader  part of the fanbase. A bit of a " Meet the board" type meeting where those present could both ask questions and also  have input through new ideas and the like. This would probably be held quarterly and if it was sucessful, he said he would like there to be up to  100 fans present at any one meeting. Meetings would be held in the Centenary Suite and the bar would be opened for refreshments ( That's better than the glass of water/cup of tea and a biscuit we get now although it would be a pay bar as opposed to a free one). This idea is to be taken forward, and initially  it may be the case of each of the members of the focus group inviting 5  fans of their choice to the first  get together. The chairman said that doing it that way should mean he does not have any difficulties with rowdy behaviour because all the focus group members would be resposible for the behaviour of thoose they invite along. Talk about passing the buck. 

We then progressed to Any other  Business. There were a few  things but mainly  supporters club functions and the like( If you really feel you want to know about this stuff you can PM me and I might enlighten you but  most of it will come out at various supporters club meetings). One item of interest that did come up was regarding the High tea ICT night. The Chairman  stated that the function was held in the wrong room due to operational  errors. This was  in response to a question tabled by a group member on behalf of a WAPPER about the size of the TV's ( which in the restaurant, where the  high tea was held are  very very small) These  things are a new venture by the club and as with anything  new, there are occasional teething difficulties.

After 3  long hours.. The meeting ended.

Next meeting will be  Tuesday 23rd March where the main agenda will be the finalising of the Player of the Year evening.

Hope this helps everyone  understand  what the FFG do and  gives you all the sort of info everyone has been asking for regarding these  get togethers...

Cheers.

Ghostie. :wink: 

Brief summation of last nights meeting.

Player of year dinner was discussed , date  confirmed and also the format .. ( see seperate thread for more details)

Short discussion on St.Johnstone hall of fame regarding venue ( hopefully Perth Concert hall) dates  were discussed  and the club have a couple of provisionally booked dates. More discussion to follow at next meetings. The chairman also suggested an initial panel to come up with names  of possible inductees before  putting these nominations out to the support to vote. It was likely that two of the Focus group would be asked to join this panel and they would be joined by possibly 6 others from the supporters of the club.. This would be discussed and actioned at a meeting in the very near future. Various opinions on the price of this event were voiced. Nothing was agreed,  but again it would be discussed in the near future.

We then spent a  good bit of time discussing  promotions by the club. Everyone agreed that the "Football for a fiver" for 13-18 year olds was a great idea..

The idea of ticket packages was then raised and a suggestion  made that the club do a  2 game package for ICT  and Motherwell games  ( initially we  talked about  the final 3 games but given the lack of time before the Ross County game means that that is  not practical)

We then talked about  Season tickets, and match packages for next season. Various  ideas of 3 , 5 and 10 game  ticket packages were  talked about.  It was agreed to discuss this and possible costs further at the next meeting.

I suggested that the club supply us with 20,000 flyers over the summer and said that if they did, I would find people to post them through letterboxes in Perth and the surrounding villages. This met with agreement and  we would take this idea forward at the  next few meetings.

Student gate. It was again suggested by  numerous  people round the table that we needed to have a student gate from next season.  This was agreed in principle and  would be taken forward and discussed further in the very near future.

We then  listen to the Chairman as he talked about his disappointment at the outcome of the  restructuring vote and gave us some information regarding how  lack of finance was now going to be a  big problem ( bigger than before) for all of the teams in the SPL and SFL  . He then opened the floor to question ...There were many... Probably too many for me to even remember them all but ...

He was asked  about the 11-1 vote and why Saints were happy to vote to keep this. His answer was  quite  a revelation. He stated that actually, contrary to what some had said in the press, the 11-1 vote was NOT being kept  at all ( except for protected  matters ie. Home  teams keep home revenue and some other  pretty obvious stuff).

He was then asked why we could not have a 16 team league. He spend a good deal of time explaining  how a 16 team league could not work financially.. To have only 15 home games  would be financial suicide and pretty much no club apart from Celtic could sustain  full time football anywhere near the level that clubs do now.

The Chairman was also asked about league sponsorship and the connection to the  new  structure. He said a sponsor was in place but only if the  proposals went through. when asked why, he  said that the  sponsor  wanted to be  seen to be  investing in a new and  more exciting league. There was more but there is only so much I can remember.

He was asked if the failure of the propsal would affect the current TV deal. He said it would not although  had the proposal gone through the TV revenue would have increased as the TV companies would have covered  middle 8 games as well.

He finished by saying that at least £5 million  would now be lost to the overall cash pot of the Scottish game and in the short to mid term could mean  that more clubs could find themselves in the situation which Dunfermline are currently suffering. Relegation  from the SPL  could  now quite easily mean part time football for most clubs due to the utter lack of finance in that league.

There was probaly a few more question but for now thats about my lot. If I think of anything else, I will post it and if any of the others on here who attended the meeting notice any  bit from the reconstruction  discussion that I have missed, PLEASE feel free to add to this.

We then  listened  again to the Chairman who said that he wanted to widen the participation in some of these  meetings. Whilst the current focus group  would continue, he said he also wanted to be able to hold more open discussions with a broader  part of the fanbase. A bit of a " Meet the board" type meeting where those present could both ask questions and also  have input through new ideas and the like. This would probably be held quarterly and if it was sucessful, he said he would like there to be up to  100 fans present at any one meeting. Meetings would be held in the Centenary Suite and the bar would be opened for refreshments ( That's better than the glass of water/cup of tea and a biscuit we get now although it would be a pay bar as opposed to a free one). This idea is to be taken forward, and initially  it may be the case of each of the members of the focus group inviting 5  fans of their choice to the first  get together. The chairman said that doing it that way should mean he does not have any difficulties with rowdy behaviour because all the focus group members would be resposible for the behaviour of thoose they invite along. Talk about passing the buck. 

We then progressed to Any other  Business. There were a few  things but mainly  supporters club functions and the like( If you really feel you want to know about this stuff you can PM me and I might enlighten you but  most of it will come out at various supporters club meetings). One item of interest that did come up was regarding the High tea ICT night. The Chairman  stated that the function was held in the wrong room due to operational  errors. This was  in response to a question tabled by a group member on behalf of a WAPPER about the size of the TV's ( which in the restaurant, where the  high tea was held are  very very small) These  things are a new venture by the club and as with anything  new, there are occasional teething difficulties.

After 3  long hours.. The meeting ended.

Next meeting will be  Tuesday 23rd March where the main agenda will be the finalising of the Player of the Year evening.

Hope this helps everyone  understand  what the FFG do and  gives you all the sort of info everyone has been asking for regarding these  get togethers...

Cheers.

Ghostie. :wink: 

Thank you for an excellent report of what was obviously a very interesting meeting.

Very quick and brief update after tonights short ( for once) meeting.

Most of the time was spent discussing final details of planning for the Awards night. Tickets have sold well so far  with upwards of 150 confirmed as attending. Can EVERYONE who is attending PLEASE make sure you bring your ticket on the night to gain entry to the event.

We then has a bit of time to go round the table and I managed to get  the three ideas  posted on the thread from Radford?Jimmy Wallace, re billboards , farmers fields near  busy arterial roads and joiners. That idea went down well and I hope will be taken forward. Also Beatsons Radio Tay idea was discussed  with the suggestion of the Chairman actually going on and talking about the club and  promotions, Season Tickets etc. Again this met with approval and will be  taken forward. Then I suggested Mad saints Fans idea of an online form to make collection of  fans emails  easier. And again the idea went down well. The club will look in to getting this done at some point soon. My final point was a text message I received from SLF regarding the crisps on sale in the ground. He basically asked me to tell them that the crisps were shite. That I did and Sir Roderick of Grant instantly agreed. Saints will look into doing something about this situation.. Watch this space.

The meeting then ended and we went out and watched a very good Motherwell under 20's side take Saints apart 4-0 :sad:

Ghostie.

These

The Edinburgh saints had another idea ghostie. (Probably been discussed already)

Why not have a representative of each of the fan groups within the current group? Ie Edinburgh, highland, Glasgow, fife, perthshire, dundee, aberdeen, as well as the various local groups)

This representative could then feed back to the local fans, gather ideas and feedback, which in turn is fed back to the club.

As an example, we have worked out that from Edinburgh there are at least 50 known fans who go to games, whilst at he moment only about 10 or 15 go to all games. With greater inclusion, this could grow the overall fan base, and increase the number who attend week in week out. If you multiply this by the many fan groups, the reach would be a lot further and deeper than the current set up for the fans representatives group and its limited reach.

Not slagging it off at all, just offering another idea to further improve,

Stu

Then I suggested Mad saints Fans idea of an online form to make collection of  fans emails  easier. And again the idea went down well. The club will look in to getting this done at some point soon.

There is already a form on the current website that does this. its on the front page at the bottom

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/signup.php

There is actually a lot on the website but the design is poor and you have to go digging to find things.