Fans Representative Meeting Tonight

slf

I think a public meeting would be beneficial and who knows that it might make the club more aware to the current problems going on with scottish football when they realise the reasons for the numbers decreasing. Moving away from the thread title (as most people have been doing) my problem is the no student gate although this was promoted before the start of the season but without any outcome, apart from a student season ticket, which isnt ideal. Jumping from an under 18 at a £11 to £22 is a joke.

Edited by The Special One

Have to agree with you...football attendances are dwindling...and Saints are asked to travel to Inverness on a Friday night! How many Saints fans could realistically make the trip. I work, so finishing at 5.00pm would make the trip impossible. I understand TV deals dictate, but surely the fans come in to the equation also? Feel sorry for clubs like Saints & the like ......need the TV money,but it is the TV which is killing off the game one way or another!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I dont know if the Caly game is even on the telly.------------- Edited by Cagey

Summer football is 100% the way forward. The quality of play always gets worse along with the pitches.

It adds value to our tv deal as the league will help with short-term subscription loss over the close season months.

It means our teams will be in better shape for the start of European competition.

It would encourage more to attend games.

A break can be introduced for international tournaments, if our national team qualifies.

^ this ^

Looking at matches this season I dont think I will get a season ticket next year. It would be a waste of my money as I wouldn't make many midweek games, if any. We have played every day of the week this season and I can't justify the money.

I understand clubs need tv money and fans but there needs to be a happy medium. This season has seen Aberdeen at saints on a Wednesday night and Kilmarnock at Inverness on a Tuesday, no wwonder bums on seats are low!!!!

I will come to Saturday home matches but a season ticket doesn't make financial sense for me. Sorry Saints

I was going to get a season book for myself and my laddie this season, but couldn't really afford it.

Given that there would have been a swathe of games I wouldn't have made due to work commitments, I'm glad I didn't.

I was going to get a season book for myself and my laddie this season, but couldn't really afford it.

Given that there would have been a swathe of games I wouldn't have made due to work commitments, I'm glad I didn't.

I was in the same boat but i decided to go without other luxuries for the football and i bought 2 season tickets but i think 3 saturday home games in 2013 is pretty shocking.  the new league structure will not bring fans back.    imsure most ppl woulld buy season tickets for the football to go on saturdays not every other night of the week.  i think the footbal authorities are out of touch with the fans and need to resign and get new pplin that have a clue.

The one thing that aint gonna happen is that the club will suddenly  change position because of the fans though. They backed the "fans"  on the Rangers situation and sadly, the "fans" have  failed to back the club with attendances  hitting rock bottom at a time when our club needs every penny.

Frankly I don't blame them.

Interesting statement their "G" -

There appears to be  NO money coming into St.Johnstone football club and hopefully you are not blaming the supporters of the club for the predicament that the Board / owners of St.Johnstone fc find themselves currently in .

Perth and Perthshire as a whole have never really got behind Saints since the early days at Muirton -and then when we took ownership of the new stadium as it stands today - a shrewd piece of business by Mr G B selling the old ground to Asda and having an all seater stadium to replace it.

The early days saw a bit of success in the League set up in the 90s and recently - when we had a very good side out on the pitch that Gelled together and fought in each game for a lot less wages than the "stars" of today demand  AND why do they demand it ? Because they have to earn a living albeit a short term living with Most players have a possible 10 years in the game and not at their first club.

Saints have sold most of their decent players over the years and have bought in a few for a few thousand NOT the crazy thousands but the lower  suchas Dave Mackay and Murray Davidson .

The only time I have seen a larger "investment" of a player was the signing of Billy Dodds which I am led to believe was down to our Chairman back then digging into his own pocket and financing.

A Chairman who saw that the team needed that finishing touch albeit it it didnt last that long -But GB made the effort AND the crowds started coming back to the game --Cutting out the rest now - we move on to our current Squad / Team and we need a new injection of "similar risk" by the club/Board whoever.

I am not advocating that Saints go mental with what cash they have BUT something to generate that extra impetous and slowly entice the fans back to Mcd with a team that regularly Scores goals and Wins games on a regular basis --"which I know is difficult at any time -BUT we need something AND-

That is to employ a trully motivated Public Relations Officer who is given a "roving role" to look for Sponsors or Investors outwith Perth and Perhtshire AND to promote the St.Johnstone FC brand on a global market - There is still untapped areas around the world that could bring us massive sponsorship year in year out.

Its something the Current board should consider and not sit back and let the world pass us by - Look at the European adventure in Turkey and the mutual respect we have .    That was from a couple of games of football -

Look at Celtic -Rangers -Man U -Man City and how they are able to get the big companies to sponsor them -YEAH they probably only do it for TV coverage BUT it is worth trying.   SURELY ?

This is what clubs need to consider before casting their vote.

When I was in work and due to shifts, didn't get a season ticket as the fixture list was not out when asked if I wanted one.

My judgement then was based on almost all fixtures being played on a Saturday .

Nowadays why would anyone in work and in their right mind buy a season ticket, not knowing

A ) which team they were playing.

B) whether it be home or away.

C) what date it was due to be played .

D) whether it is going to be live on tv or not.

Must say, tho' I'm a season ticket holder with no work commitments , I am closely watching the current developments of the football authorities .

Have to consider if its going to be in my best interests to renew my season ticket.

What are your thoughts in your own personal circumstances ?

It's funny, I have watched this going on since the start of the season. For you keyboard wizards my son and I are ex Rangers, Newco, whatever, season ticket holders. We decided for a number of reasons to start following the Saints and purchased season tickets for this year I am dismayed that he so called " loyal" Saints fans have not committed to the club and some of the excuses on this forum for not following Saints are mundane to say the least.

The chairman cannot do anymore, you guys promised if Rangers were kicked out you would support the team, that has happened and If my son and I can pay for a season ticket then the "real" fans can.

Where are you?

Was at the dire El Kessocko today and couldn't help notice how big a role Terry butcher has in engaging with the fans. He works extremely hard, visiting the lounges half an hour or so before kick-off and leading the celebrations at the end. Their crowds are as bad as ours but they seem to be trying to improve the match day experience where possible.

Steve Lomas could take a leaf out of Butcher's book and do a bit more in this respect.

It's funny, I have watched this going on since the start of the season. For you keyboard wizards my son and I are ex Rangers, Newco, whatever, season ticket holders. We decided for a number of reasons to start following the Saints and purchased season tickets for this year I am dismayed that he so called " loyal" Saints fans have not committed to the club and some of the excuses on this forum for not following Saints are mundane to say the least.

The chairman cannot do anymore, you guys promised if Rangers were kicked out you would support the team, that has happened and If my son and I can pay for a season ticket then the "real" fans can.

Where are you?

Thought you didn't do walking away.

We decided for a number of reasons to start following the Saints 

1.Saints play in blue, so if you squint a bit......

2.Some folk have said that McD looks a wee bit like Ibrox.

3.Walking away.

4.Missing games against Sellick.

5.Seeing some European football again.

6.Not being able to enjoy the benefits of following a morally bankrupt, corrupt "institution" that spent millions of pounds that it didnt have to get success.

1.Saints play in blue, so if you squint a bit......

2.Some folk have said that McD looks a wee bit like Ibrox.

3.Walking away.

4.Missing games against Sellick.

5.Seeing some European football again.

6.Not being able to enjoy the benefits of following a morally bankrupt, corrupt "institution" that spent millions of pounds that it didnt have to get success.

Someone sees the light and you think its clever to have a go at them. Like it or not Saints NEED the local old firm fans to convert to saints. Our crowds are pathetic and will continue to be so whilst we have this elitist attitude as to what a 'real fan' is and should be.

If a thousand Rangers fans decided to come along to Saints next game as long as the bigotry stayed at the door I'd be delighted. We need to leave our own prejudices at the door too though and that seems difficult for some people.

Someone sees the light and you think its clever to have a go at them. Like it or not Saints NEED the local old firm fans to convert to saints. Our crowds are pathetic and will continue to be so whilst we have this elitist attitude as to what a 'real fan' is and should be.

If a thousand Rangers fans decided to come along to Saints next game as long as the bigotry stayed at the door I'd be delighted. We need to leave our own prejudices at the door too though and that seems difficult for some people.

Seen the light is it? If any Old Firm fans came to watch Saints instead and stayed that would be braw. However I suspect that the MINUTE that The Rangers are promoted back to the SPL they would be off again. Waving their Union Jacks and buying their Broxie Bear pj's.

Seen the light is it? If any Old Firm fans came to watch Saints instead and stayed that would be braw. However I suspect that the MINUTE that The Rangers are promoted back to the SPL they would be off again. Waving their Union Jacks and buying their Broxie Bear pj's.

Well if that's the case it will at be partially because of the welcome given to them by narrow minded fans like you.

You say it would be great but the poster above has bought a couple of season tickets and is given a bit of grief simply because they used to follow rangers. Would you keep coming back if that's the welcome you got? Your prophecy will be self fulfilling at that rate.

Well if that's the case it will at be partially because of the welcome given to them by narrow minded fans like you.

You say it would be great but the poster above has bought a couple of season tickets and is given a bit of grief simply because they used to follow rangers. Would you keep coming back if that's the welcome you got? Your prophecy will be self fulfilling at that rate.

Aye, about as welcome as I've always been made at Ibrox. Poor we put upon Orcs. Bullied and taunted by narrow minded me.

I know quite a few 'OF fans' that have seen the light and now support Saints! Without them our attendance would be even worse. Does it really matter what team these people use to support. They are giving Saints much needed cash and should be credited a long with people who have supported Saints their whole lives.

In the current climate we should be welcoming anyone who is willing to pay money to watch St.Johnstone. During the summer it looked like we were going to have a record amount of season ticket holders going by the posters on here who promised they would buy given the clubs stance on the Rangers issue.

The club have been badly let down by the Perth public and now have to make decisions which will give the club the best chance of prospering in the future. The change to the league set up is not perfect but it is a take or leave it option. The club have decided to back the change as they think it is the best option for Saints and Scottish football. It may not happen but to read on here fans threatening not to come back does not help and is pathetic after the clubs stance last summer.

I know quite a few 'OF fans' that have seen the light and now support Saints! Without them our attendance would be even worse. Does it really matter what team these people use to support. They are giving Saints much needed cash and should be credited a long with people who have supported Saints their whole lives.

Only a burd would accept turncoats with open arms;),are they using Saints as their big team for glory hunting?

Was at the dire El Kessocko today and couldn't help notice how big a role Terry butcher has in engaging with the fans. He works extremely hard, visiting the lounges half an hour or so before kick-off and leading the celebrations at the end. Their crowds are as bad as ours but they seem to be trying to improve the match day experience where possible.Steve Lomas could take a leaf out of Butcher's book and do a bit more in this respect.

Oh I think Lomas does his bit!? Was in the old ship the other day and I noticed his photograph was up on a board, posing with various punters! Nae sign o any flutes though, just women! Hahaha

My questions to those who continually suggest that 'posters on here' have not kept their promise to buy season tickets at the beginning of this season are these:

1) How can you be sure that the people concerned did not in fact buy season tickets.

2) How do you know that the people who have actually walked away use this site at all.

There are many Scottish football blog sites active at this time and they are awash with people who are totally disillusioned with the way that the sport is administered in this country. Basically, and I'm not going to labour any particular points on this thread but, they no longer trust the three governing bodies to abide by their own rules - indeed the authorities appear to go to the extremes of actually subverting them when it appears those rules may threaten the existence of one particular club.

Folk can see what is happening and the general opinion appears to be that the governing bodies of all three associations have lost credibility. The clubs (well most of them) don't appear to have the will to rein them in nor say anything that might rock the boat. In fact they might be quite happy to sit back and wait for the status quo to return in 2 or 3 seasons, or probably sooner if it can be achieved. Unfortunately for Saints it appears that a good number of our fans might be unwilling to accept that scenario.

Edited by Indicator