2013/14 Season Tickets

Dylan-Saints

REALLY.

heard that auld chestnut before .lighten up you sound a right bore.

if yer frightened by a wee bit blue smoke then i suggest you visit a shrink. 

the blue puff looked great from where i sat.i meant the smoke no you chief.

Oh dear. :roll:

I mean no disrespect to the Armed Forces but I would have liked to see this deal open to any fans as well.

People choose to join the Armed Forces and they get paid for doing so just the same as people choose to work offshore or jobs that include weekend working etc etc

There s lots of reasons why people who support Saints may not buy a season ticket as they cant make every game, being in the Armed forces is just one of those reasons.

I m fortunate in that I can guarantee I m off almost every weekend and therefore a season ticket has always been a no brainer.

I wonder though what the take up would be on a 6 game package like this being open to anyone, I can think of a couple of folks that work offshore that I think would be interested straight away.

Only concern would be that season tickets sales may go down if more people purchased these instead I suppose.    

Think you need to take it as the club addressing alot of issues one step at a time

They cannot introduce everything in one week (bear in mind they had hell of time getting Belarus sorted, Hearts tickets processed and other day to day things that go on)

Think we need to applaud them for this great idea and wait for the next "new" exciting announcement that will surely be coming along.

Personally feel the club are doing everything they can to encourage a "feel good " around the place.

The club is buzzing and we should get behind them rather than criticise every single thing

Totally agree there s a feel good around the place, does nt mean we can t voice an opinion on something though. 

Have nt critised, at no point did I say it wasnt a good idea, just stating what I would have liked to see.

At the end of the day its up to the club how they choose to run things, just observing.

Have you ever seen the marketing of Saints being as effective as recent efforts?

Blinders - Euro merchandise (Jomas fault on away strip), Hearts £1 to their fighting fund (could be as much as 4k going into the Hearts kitty) and Armed Forces ST

I think SB, The Directors, Paul and his team are taking on board the comments of Saints fans and doing a great job.

I have heard we are doing a "quid to support a kid" for the Saints Youth Academy at the Hearts or Minsk game. If this the the case we should support AS 100% in order to look after our future 1st team players.

There's no doubt this club has come on leaps and bounds under Steve Brown. I just think he has a younger, more current approach to things than his dad. Don't get me wrong, that's not a criticism of Geoff. He stepped down because it was the right time to do so and I'm sure he would probably agree with my assertion that things are really moving forward under Steve.

I do agree that this should be made available to all fans. I know lots of people who only go to a few games each season who would jump at the chance to buy one of those.

I have to agree with the comments above, personally don't think anyone should be granted a special price due to their employment. Why not care workers, charity workers and police? All do important jobs.

As a season ticket holder I have no problem with the club offering discount books (say with ten games or so) but it should be a little more expensive per game than those that are willing to pay for the whole season. Say a couple quid more.

That said it's good to see the club coming up with new ideas. I'm not sure how successful it will be, but at least a lot of locals are running out of excuses for not following the club. Well Done Saints

I have to agree with the comments above, personally don't think anyone should be granted a special price due to their employment. Why not care workers, charity workers and police? All do important jobs.

As a season ticket holder I have no problem with the club offering discount books (say with ten games or so) but it should be a little more expensive per game than those that are willing to pay for the whole season. Say a couple quid more.

That said it's good to see the club coming up with new ideas. I'm not sure how successful it will be, but at least a lot of locals are running out of excuses for not following the club. Well Done Saints

I don't think it should be more expensive at all. They are still offering a sum of money to Saints up front which does help the club with their financial security. Those of us who offer up £300 in the summer are no better than those that can only get to a few games per season.

On one hand you say they should not favour those in specific employment but they should favour those who are "willing" to pay for the whole season up front? I'm sure these people who can only get to a few matches per season would be "willing" to pay for the whole season, but the point is they cannot go to the whole season. It's not a choice for many people. It's either dictated by work, family, finances or a mixture of all three.

This is a bit like the bulk buy offer that many motoring schools offer. I got one of those for my 17th birthday. I think it was 6 lessons for a certain price. That got me started with the learning and I went from there. I'd imagine if Saints offered this kind of book up to anyone, you'd see Granny's buying these for their grandchildren's Birthdays and Christmas.

I don't actually want to knock the club because it is a positive thing, but I do find it quite odd that they took the decision to limit it to just the armed forces. I suppose they may feel they'd rather have other fans' £22 six times a season than £90 upfront in one go.

I think if this kind of ticket was open to everyone we would see a lot of lapsed/fair weather fans getting back into the habit of attending. If I was local i'd much prefer this sort of thing to a season ticket.  It's easier in the short term to come up with £90 and once i'd bought my ticket i'd be more inclined to attend games.

Just a thought on the logistics of the 6 game ST, does anyone know if a seat allocated? prob unlikely as would be in theory sat empty for remaining 13 home games. See this as a good start, whilst not saying the armed services deserve this anymore than other careers, the fact is that a lot of them are posted far from their home areas, often overseas. If we were to introduce this for all, I think you'd also get a percentage of home supports cherry picking the bigger games against old firm etc. I have a ST but generally miss 3 - 4 games a season, but the convenience, cost advantage etc still make sense to me.

I think if this kind of ticket was open to everyone we would see a lot of lapsed/fair weather fans getting back into the habit of attending. If I was local i'd much prefer this sort of thing to a season ticket.  It's easier in the short term to come up with £90 and once i'd bought my ticket i'd be more inclined to attend games.

I agree with this - I now live 300+ miles away from Perth and try and attend about 3 Saints games/year (excluding European ties) and to be honest the price of admission is not a critical part of the overall cost once hotels/petrol etc. are paid for but, if there was a 5 or 6 game deal "Man Maths" would come into play (for me at least) and I could see me paying another £500 (in travel costs) to save £50 :shock:  - one for Ghostie to bring up at one of his meetings..........?

Are nurses, firefighters etc etc not all as equally deserving? Just make football more affordable to everyone all the time, or is that too simple?

While I agree that football should be cheaper, those professions you highlighted do not typically involve working away from home for months at a time.

Also, saints are perhaps targeting specific demographics? This may not be true in every case, but I would wager that more males buy season tickets than females? And more men serve in the forces per capita than say the health service?

Precision marketing for a higher yield.

Oh, and its good pr to be seen to do something for our brave lads protecting our homes.