Gary Mcdonald

byebyedundee

another auld clugger ,where is the clubs youth policy ?

There is none.

Obviously the younger players coming through are not good enough which is very disappointing. Surely a club our size should have 3-4 young boys every season coming into challenge I. The squad.

But, an experienced midfielder suggests the likes of Robertson might be away in January.

31,get him a wheel chair!! :roll:  why do we right players off at +28 in this country?With the average person working into there 70's now a sportsman  can play into mid 30s no bother.Fraser Wright and more so Callum Davidson are great examples of that.

Paddy Greg and Steven MacLean  have also proved  you don't have to have a massive name to fit in at Saints and Gary McDonald  looks to be in the same mould, almost written off by some, and will be very much a team player.

Welcome Gary

31,get him a wheel chair!! :roll:  why do we right players off at +28 in this country?With the average person working into there 70's now a sportsman  can play into mid 30s no bother.Fraser Wright and more so Callum Davidson are great examples of that.

Paddy Greg and Steven MacLean  have also proved  you don't have to have a massive name to fit in at Saints and Gary McDonald  looks to be in the same mould, almost written off by some, and will be very much a team player.

Welcome Gary

===========

Agreed Larky.

BTW not a wheel chair but, noticed you had 2 wheels under your erse today.

What happened to the "steps"?

Only joking Larky.

“I know Frazer Wright from Kilmarnock and spoke to him about the club. He told me good things so I’m happy he’s signed on again because he’s a good player."

a comment from mcdonald on the offical site.

good for hear players here say good things about the club! Players like him and Wright are the kind of players we want at the club, not just here for money.

• 4 months later...

I really don't think he has been good up till now. More poor games than good games.

As said above the passing is terrible. Didn't find a team mate all day today. First touch. When st Mirren was in possession today he was always 5 yards off the pace. EVERYTIME. He made Goodwin look good!!

But next week is another game. He will hopefully bounce back!

• 3 months later...

I think he offers a lot, but has failed to deliver any of it recently, oddly since he signed his new contract.

Hate to say it, but a journeyman, and not a heart on the sleeve player that Saints fans have grown to love.

Everything that Spoony/Muzz/Millar/May aren't.

We are a small club, we can't sign superstars. Effort goes a long way.

Edited by montrosesaintee

Had a good start to the season in the European games. Has been poor and anonymous since then. TW needs to realise his mistake and sub (not play) the unsubable! I don't see what he brings to the team but have a few mates that like him! For me give it a try without him, what harm can be done as effectively it feels like we are playing with ten men every week

Had a good start to the season in the European games. Has been poor and anonymous since then. TW needs to realise his mistake and sub (not play) the unsubable! I don't see what he brings to the team but have a few mates that like him! For me give it a try without him, what harm can be done as effectively it feels like we are playing with ten men every week

I didnt see how he was good in the European Games either.

He gave the ball away half a dozen times in the first 20 mins against Rosenborg and then against Minsk he gave they ball away nearly every time he had it. A few first touches a brick wall would of been proud off.

Without doubt he has 1 good game for every 7-8 bad games. He is not SPFL level quality. Hes not a better player than David Robertson etc that we have let go recently and that is saying something.