Man Of The Match: Saints V Rosenborg 25/7/13

rik2304

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Excellent performances throughout the whole team, but there are times where your last line of defence is so important and last night was one of them.

Mannus again showed that he is a god-send for us with a couple of crucial saves as well as showing great handling at cross balls

Paddy Cregg was superb last night. Never gave them a moments peace, plus some little flashes of skill as well. Him and the front four players were excellent. Our system and style of play looks so much more fluid already this season. 

I also thought McDonald did a load of good work off the ball - covering players, covering space etc - but wasn't great once he had the ball. I can see why he has been a regular at most clubs he's been at, but can also see why most of their fans don't rate him!

Mannus and Spoony definitely deserve honorable mentions.

Stevie May understandably got tired, but we owe him so much for the determination and opportunism of his goal. Great stuff.

Also, I've been a long time critic of Scobbie, but the commentators seemed to mention him doing a solid job a number of times last night, kudos to him.

Cregg sounded like he was everywhere though, so gets my radio vote. Can we implement a system where radio votes count for half or something!

Edited by Jiangsu Sainty

Excellent performances throughout the whole team, but there are times where your last line of defence is so important and last night was one of them.

Mannus again showed that he is a god-send for us with a couple of crucial saves as well as showing great handling at cross balls

My only criticism is that several times last night a quick ball down the wings to May in particular (who was constantly making space for himself) could well have created the 2nd goal to save my nerves from being shredded, but he still gets my vote for that late save!!

Paddy Cregg did the snapping disrupting task in midfield and was excellent, but went for spoony myself. Not a bad performance from anyone with Mannus, May also excellent. Not sure how much Mannus knew about the point blank save but his positioning was excellent. Thought we weren't as comfortable as in Norway (from what I saw on web stream) but perhaps rose tinted specs. A few nervy passes in midfield which were uncharacteristic at times. Confidence will be sky high up to Tommy to bring a reality check and make sure Minsk are not underestimated.

Paddy Cregg did the snapping disrupting task in midfield and was excellent, but went for spoony myself. Not a bad performance from anyone with Mannus, May also excellent. Not sure how much Mannus knew about the point blank save but his positioning was excellent. Thought we weren't as comfortable as in Norway (from what I saw on web stream) but perhaps rose tinted specs. A few nervy passes in midfield which were uncharacteristic at times. Confidence will be sky high up to Tommy to bring a reality check and make sure Minsk are not underestimated.

Perm any 1 from 11 fantastic heroes last night.  Bloody proud of every last one of them (but Mannus shades it for me as, across both legs, he was the real difference)

Still cannae quite believe it - these things don't happen at our wee club!

Jim 

My only criticism is that several times last night a quick ball down the wings to May in particular (who was constantly making space for himself) could well have created the 2nd goal to save my nerves from being shredded, but he still gets my vote for that late save!!

Sometimes I wonder if certain players are told what to do or not do and that we are unaware of this. Could this explain?