St Johnstone Vs Minsk 8Th August 3Rd Rd

David123

Seething at the prices for this game.

I have bought a season ticket in good faith and now hear that i will not get a discount, but pay extra money, 25 pounds!

Who has decided this,  Steve Brown has ruined any chance of a good crowd.  Best time in ages to be a Saints fan, lots of good feeling then all thrown out the window with this.  Another example of our club forgetting the fans to chase the buck. 

I wont be going.  6 of us came from Aberuthven for the Rosenburg game.  One of the best days and nights of our lives.  Not one of us will be going to this match. 

Waste of time and money getting a season ticket to be treated like this.

No wonder we have a poor support.

I have bought a season ticket in good faith and now hear that i will not get a discount, but pay extra money, 25 pounds!

Who has decided this,  Steve Brown has ruined any chance of a good crowd.  Best time in ages to be a Saints fan, lots of good feeling then all thrown out the window with this.  Another example of our club forgetting the fans to chase the buck. 

I wont be going.  6 of us came from Aberuthven for the Rosenburg game.  One of the best days and nights of our lives.  Not one of us will be going to this match. 

KNOBBER ALERT   KNOBBER ALERT    KNOBBER ALERT

Maybe but the club are treating us like a cash cow.  I have supported Saints through the dark times, bought a season ticket in first year back up here and feel like i have been taken to the cleaners.  Dont buy this argument that we are doing well you should pay extra money.  Its hard times and the club should be more loyal and considerate.

I am really angry about this one and despite wanting to go to the game i wont because of the clubs greed.

As Honest Saints Fan says, 'your loss'. Face facts - this is the best period of our history which may NEVER be repeated in our lifetimes.  Your season ticket NEVER covered European games - indeed, the discount on the Rosenborg game was the only benefit you could ever have expected.  If you don't go, you won't EVER be able to say 'I was there' - remember that.

£25 is a lot of money - no argument - but Saints are not a charity and need every pound from fans.  If you simply can't afford it, then you have my true sympathies.  If you can and are just 'making a stand', then, to repeat, it's your loss.

Few if any clubs let you in free on your ST for a European game. Enjoy listening to the game on the radio. :)

As Honest Saints Fan says, 'your loss'. Face facts - this is the best period of our history which may NEVER be repeated in our lifetimes.  Your season ticket NEVER covered European games - indeed, the discount on the Rosenborg game was the only benefit you could ever have expected.  If you don't go, you won't EVER be able to say 'I was there' - remember that.

£25 is a lot of money - no argument - but Saints are not a charity and need every pound from fans.  If you simply can't afford it, then you have my true sympathies.  If you can and are just 'making a stand', then, to repeat, it's your loss.

I understand where you are coming from.  I just think more loyalty should be shown.  Season ticket holders are the lifeblood of the club.

I cant afford to fork out for a season ticket then £25 for these matches.

A couple of my mates feel the same.  One of has 3 young laddies that all got Saints scarves after the last match.  The kind of lads that we need to attract.  He now has to tell them they cant go to the Minsk game.  Some lads may disagree but maybe a thought for guys who cant afford it might be advisable for some (not you mate who makes a well argued point).

How is it greed????

We want success so we should help pay for it!!!! A charter plane to Belarus wasn't cheap, lets help them pay for it!!!!

Your season ticket gets you into EVERY home league game - stop your f**kin wingeing!!!

Maybe but the club are treating us like a cash cow.  I have supported Saints through the dark times, bought a season ticket in first year back up here and feel like i have been taken to the cleaners.  Dont buy this argument that we are doing well you should pay extra money.  Its hard times and the club should be more loyal and considerate.

I am really angry about this one and despite wanting to go to the game i wont because of the clubs greed.

Sad to hear that from Wardy. Out of interest, what gave you the impression you would get a discount for every non-league game?

Hi Calypso.  The ST doesnt stipulate this.  I just think a recognition of season ticket holders should be shown.  Its all very well milking it when times are good.  We all know that in a few weeks times could change though.  Its then not as easy to get fans in the door.  Lose them now and you have lost them forever.

I understand where you are coming from.  I just think more loyalty should be shown.  Season ticket holders are the lifeblood of the club.

I cant afford to fork out for a season ticket then £25 for these matches.

A couple of my mates feel the same.  One of has 3 young laddies that all got Saints scarves after the last match.  The kind of lads that we need to attract.  He now has to tell them they cant go to the Minsk game.  Some lads may disagree but maybe a thought for guys who cant afford it might be advisable for some (not you mate who makes a well argued point).

Your mate with the 3 young ladies, if they are under 12 he can get in with 2 of them for £16, all you need to do is bring the other one with one of his mates (u12) and YOU and them can get in for £16. As yon meerkat says "SIMPLES"

Hi Calypso. The ST doesnt stipulate this. I just think a recognition of season ticket holders should be shown. Its all very well milking it when times are good. We all know that in a few weeks times could change though. Its then not as easy to get fans in the door. Lose them now and you have lost them forever.

It's tough when you shell out a few hundred quid then soon after you get expensive midweek fixtures.

I don't think Saints are doing anything unconventional in both the walk-up policy or the position on STs, indeed we seem to be ahead of the pack generally.

All I would say is, don't regret not going. Make your choice and we'll see whether the club was in the right based on the numbers after the event.

Another example of our club forgetting the fans to chase the buck.

I think quite the opposite, the 'fans' have forgotten the club for long enough.

This is a chance to recoup some of the money that will be lost be shocking attendances during the season. The prices for families are incredible.

--------------------------

Hi Super Saint.

As a previously banned poster would you not be better altering your posting style a bit, repeatedly starting new topics is old hat.

How's yer old man, is he still getting about to games.

Edited by ryangordon86

Hi Calypso.  The ST doesnt stipulate this.  I just think a recognition of season ticket holders should be shown.  Its all very well milking it when times are good.  We all know that in a few weeks times could change though.  Its then not as easy to get fans in the door.  Lose them now and you have lost them forever.

£6 discount for the Rosenberg game not enough recognition?

You want a £6 discount for every game not on your ST?

Is £16 for an adult + 2 kids poor value for money?

Why don't you and your pal meet up and get all 5 of you in for £32. £32 for 5 people at a European tie featuring the team you love.

When you look at the full picture, is it a bad deal????

Edited by Noose76

--------------------------

Hi Super Saint.

As a previously banned poster would you not be better altering your posting style a bit, repeatedly starting new topics is old hat.

How's yer old man, is he still getting about to games.

No idea what you you are on about.

Wow it's pig headed people like you that cant grasp the amazing opportunity you have to see 2 historic occasions at our beloved ground for a piddly 25 quid.....Get a ffkkg grip and get your arse and your buddies down there I wish I was in Aberdeen and just a wee trip down the road to see what matters NOT STEVE BROWN, NOT THE PLAYERS BUT Something bigger

ST JOHNSTONE THE NAME THE HISTORY THE AMAZING FEELING YOU GET WITH A WIN.........Or go to the Dock in aberdeen and get a 2 min wank for whatever compared to 90mins of pleasure and a lifetime of memories...

I know what some of you are saying, apart from the guy above, who is just weird.

Why increase prices though, even by a pound.  Sends out the wronf message.  Tommy Wright admitted this team are pretty gash, equavalent of SFL 1 team.  Saints will win 3 or 4 nil and i think increasing prices to watch this is wronf message to send to fans. 

Fair enough disgaree with me but no need to get so verment about it.