Mc Diarmid Entry Fiasco.

HOODLUM65

I realise what you're saying.  My point was standing outside the stadium telling a policeman that your mate has your seat isn't likely to cut much ice when the game is not all-ticket and season tickets aren't valid.

Agreed. In the situation where the ground is officially full, someone will be needing that seat that's already paid their entry regardless if your mate has kept it. It seems our counters are faulty or the operators are using them incorrectly. 

If I had we'ans crowding round my daughter i'd be launching them head first pitchside Chips!

That prob came oot wrong, the young ains were about 12yo my lass is 16 and they were trying to squeeze into the seats where my daughter was,lets just say after a few choice words they selected to find somewhere else to sit :wink:

Edited by chips

The ormond was NOWHERE near full. I could see several hundred empty individual seats from the North Stand

That's a gross exaggeration to say it was nowhere near full.

I sit in the south end of the east stand and it was pretty full in the Ormond. I could see a few yellow seats empty and I think a good few left in ET but it was pretty full at kick off.

That's a gross exaggeration to say it was nowhere near full.

I sit in the south end of the east stand and it was pretty full in the Ormond. I could see a few yellow seats empty and I think a good few left in ET but it was pretty full at kick off.

From your angle I can see why it would look like that but there were plenty single seats dotted all over the stand. I was directly opposite and have fantastic eyesight! :laugh: The east looked full from the North stand

I have a serious question. Is this the worst thread on We are Perth? Ever?

its been one of the most entertaining ones for a long time.cheered me up no end and when chips said he had bought a daughter for £9 it pure cracked me up. :laugh:

just to keep on topic maybe the secret 7 forum or whatever you call them could ask to get the club to make 'reserved for ma mate he's at the toilet honestly ' towels to drape over the seat.or for larger groups maybe even tape off a section with a ' reserved there are loads of us just nipped off tae the loo back in 5' tag   :laugh:

Are we trying to reach a new low in pointless arguments?

Now arguing about how many empty seats there were in a stand - bizarre!! :?  

no we are arguing about people reserving seats inside whilst they have mates outside.....read the thread before sounding like some prick school teacher from the high school in the eighties. In fact your telling offs are quite irritating......and I mean that in a constructive manner.

jhq, on 09 Aug 2013 - 18:54, said:

I realise what you're saying. My point was standing outside the stadium telling a policeman that your mate has your seat isn't likely to cut much ice when the game is not all-ticket and season tickets aren't valid.

==============================================================

In reply to your comment above, you obviously have trouble with your eyesight or reading ability, (or both) and as a result will print an extract from my original post.

" I WAS POLITELY INFORMED THAT THE SEASON TICKET SEATS DID NOT APPLY.

I SAID I WAS AWARE OF THAT"

Which part of that led you to believe that they were valid.

Also where did I give you the impression that I spoke to a Police MAN.

I have reviewed my post(s) and can't find any of this.

In fact it was a W.P.C.

In reply to your comment above, you obviously have trouble with your eyesight or reading ability, (or both) and as a result will print an extract from my original post.

In fact it was a W.P.C.

Yesssssss I can make it even worse. pretty sure they don't have W.P.C.s now.  Its all PCs.  Can we argue about that?

Yesssssss I can make it even worse. pretty sure they don't have W.P.C.s now.  Its all PCs.  Can we argue about that?

You have me on that one John, its over three years since my last contact with the law.

However, She was a W.P.C. when I knew her. I bow to your superior knowledge. ha ha.

its been one of the most entertaining ones for a long time.cheered me up no end and when chips said he had bought a daughter for £9 it pure cracked me up. :laugh:

just to keep on topic maybe the secret 7 forum or whatever you call them could ask to get the club to make 'reserved for ma mate he's at the toilet honestly ' towels to drape over the seat.or for larger groups maybe even tape off a section with a ' reserved there are loads of us just nipped off tae the loo back in 5' tag   :laugh:

haha hoodlum thinks he,s a german LAUGH OUT LOUD at the pool.

got to east stand at 7:05 and was told by steward the stand was full so to make our way to the north stand.  Arrived at first turnstile at the east stand and the police pointed us toward this turnstile. ......were the police and stewards nae talking to each other?

anyway me and my bro just meandered on up the north stand to save any bother.

In fact it was a W.P.C.

OK you said you were "informed" by the police.  I made a mistake in saying police man.  What relevance this has, I have no idea.

East stand seat figures. Could part of the problem be that quite a lot of people congregated down at the north end of the stand therefore the turnstile counter would say X number of people in the stand but it still looked like there were empty seats as folk chose not to sit in those seats but go stand down at the other end.

As to keeping seats for folk that is fine if you know they are definitely going to turn up and I would hope they would have made the effort to get there earlier and not leave it to the last minute to finish their pint etc.

But it can be annoying when the main stand was filling up and the guy in front of us kept a seat for his mate ( to be fair 2 other of his mates did turn up for the other seats he kept) then after quite a few folks had asked if the seat was free he said to his pals "I don't know if he is coming".