May Away?

cristo

I can understand the club's view. Take an offer of around say £250k for a lad who has less than a year on his contract and while he looks like he has some promise, he has only played a handful of games at this level....he's still well short of being the finished article.

Or keep him, try to convince him to sign a longer contract. If that fails he goes under freedom of contract and we wait to see what some tribunal says he's worth....if he stays, gets injured and misses the rest of the season, will that tribunal set a high value? Not sure they would even if he was banging in the goals.

Personally, I think it would be a huge mistake for May to go at this stage of his career.

I do not think Stevie is as good as Fat Sally was at his age, We got 400K then for him.

I do not Know if this is actually, correct but i think Ally had a better goal scoring record with saints and probably at the same level as Stevie has been playing. If we get 300K cash and add ons, Take it without a thought, If we get the Ex Man Utd player also then take him on our terms,

This all depends on SM of course if he turns down the move then get him on a new contract  we can then be bullish about transfer fees.

All IMOP of course.

Edit I forgot about Keigan Parker, Keiarn Macanespie, the next young superstars what happened to them.

Edited by Center Half

Looks pretty likely it will be a done deal. Can't believe its just coincidence taking this Ajose on trial / loan.

Interesting about the options for those who are without clubs at the moment. Wouldn't be surprised if some such options had already been training with the team, just a case of signing if May goes.

Edited by sjfc99

I hope Saints wouldn't just bite at the first incoming offer for Stevie .  He is the first player of real quality we have produced in many years and if he keeps banging them in I would hope Stevie would repay some of the faith Saints have shown in him by signing a new long term deal which would entitle Saints to much more money when a larger team comes in for him a few years down the line . Perhaps even a figure in the millions . 

=============================================================

Probably, however if he is to go this early, would like to think the club have the saavy to have "add ons" in the deal.

=============================================================

Pretty much what i was thinking, mainly because 250K is not actually a lot of money for a player with over 5 years investment from the club. Also 'Boro are a League 1 club, which is not really the big time. Would like to think we get a cut should he be sold on...assuming the deal happens.