A Lackluster Murray Davidson

jfk

I am a Murray Davidson fan but anyone else worried about Murray's form since his return. Was superb all last season but hasn't reached those heights yet . Is he still a while away from full fitness ? or is his heart not in it  as he expected to be playing for a bigger club this season . 

Thought he has had some good moments, but not the consistency of last season. I wonder if the smack on the head at Dundee Utd might have affected his fearlessness a little? Certainly looked feckin' sore.

It's a tricky one, because on form he is clearly our most talented player, but while he doesn't make many errors, he can be anonymous in games. Not sure it is realistic to leave him out.

Following previous injury niggles, it was simply game time that got him back to his best.

Thought he has had some good moments, but not the consistency of last season. I wonder if the smack on the head at Dundee Utd might have affected his fearlessness a little? Certainly looked feckin' sore.

It's a tricky one, because on form he is clearly our most talented player, but while he doesn't make many errors, he can be anonymous in games. Not sure it is realistic to leave him out.

Following previous injury niggles, it was simply game time that got him back to his best.

I don`t think he has played well since that knock.

I think it's the system we are playing at the moment too. He's in a 4 man midfield and the two wide players aren't great defensively. That means he's not really able to get himself into attacking positions without worrying what's going on behind him.

He's had a poor start to the season, but we know he'll come good.

Davidson has many strengths, but unfortunately I believe these cover areas of his game where I've seen little improvement.

As I've stated in previous threads I don't believe that he comes for the ball near enough. There has been many times I've seen him leave a team mate in a tight situation due to him not being willing to take the ball in a tight space. When in a midfield with Millar, Craig and especially Morris that side of his game wasn't as essential as he had players beside him who could take the ball into feet and pick a pass, even if it was backwards or sideways.

Davidson's attitude is fantastic and he regularly wins balls he simply shouldn't (see Ross County a few weeks back), but how many players in their late 20's/ 30's are able to keep playing in this manner? Not many, as quite simply even an athlete's body can't take those constant blows. Injuries take their toll and the player usually adapts his game to suit (Scholes is an example). Can Davidson do that?

I like Davidson alot, but I have to admit I think there's a reason he wasn't picked up by a bigger side. I'm unsure if he could make the step up from SPFL. He's a great player to have in a Saints shirt and I'd love him to prove me wrong, but to see the best in him I do believe he needs two other central midfielders in with him that are more comfortable on the ball, this would give him more freedom to press forward, but give Wright a headache on our starting striker.

He probably would of fitted into the midfield well last night. with Cregg & Millar sitting he probably could of got forward more, although someone said to me he may of been left out due to the pitch and his injury issues not reacting well with the plastic pitch?

Don't know how true that is though.

I dont have any worries with him though. in our big games I feel he will show up and not hide, good form or not.

His worst game in a saints shirt today. Doesn't look half fit.

Shocking today, not only looks unfit, but even more worrying is that he looks uninterested.

His booking was pathetic, a stupid foul on the half way line and he just wandered away and accepted the card like he didn't care.

Give someone else a chance (McDonald)?, and invite Muzz back when he's up for it again.