Chris "midgey" Millar - An Appreciation

Dave Ferg

She's not talking pish at all. She's bang on the money.. Chris Millar IS fit and available for selection but is being  frozen out for some reason. He can't come out and speak about it but the club can and should. Time to cut the cloak and dagger pish. Millar is one of the Scottish Cup legends and if his time is up at the club, then the club should come out and say so. If it's something personal there is no great need for details, just a short and clear statement. That's the least he deserves. I personally hope he sees out his contract with Saints...

There is no place for sentiment. He is an employee of the club and if they don't want him working on this season's project, then he has to either find another job, or get on with whatever they have told him to do.

The club don't need to say a thing. They will continue to pay his wages regardless.

I'm prone to believe HSF, she's not the type who'd make up rumours about players like Millar. 

A real shame if he has been frozen out to try and force him out, I've absolutely no doubt if TW told him he needed to move him on to free up wages then he'd have obliged to either finding a new club or taking a cut. 

It’s worth noting that among the numerous contract renewals we secured in the early spring, there are other players who have restructured their deals in order to remain at the Club and I’m delighted with their outlook and understanding."

http://perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/saints-chairman-steve-brown-interview

I always assumed that SB's comments in this piece were alluding to the likes of midge, who may not always be guaranteed to start every game but were attached to the club enough to stay on and accept a lower basic. I'm possibly adding 2 + 2 and getting 5, but I can't think of many others who would have been in a similar situation. Craig maybe.

Obviously we don't know the situation, but I'm not sure I like to think of Saints as a club that would force out a player who is as well thought of as Millar, especially one who still makes quality contributions to the team.

We've scored seven goals in our first three games, all of which we have won. 

Ill just leave that there.

Why is that relevant?
Has Chris Millar secretly been holding us back all these years?

Edited by Kevin James Is On Stilts

It’s worth noting that among the numerous contract renewals we secured in the early spring, there are other players who have restructured their deals in order to remain at the Club and I’m delighted with their outlook and understanding."

http://perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/saints-chairman-steve-brown-interview

I always assumed that SB's comments in this piece were alluding to the likes of midge, who may not always be guaranteed to start every game but were attached to the club enough to stay on and accept a lower basic. I'm possibly adding 2 + 2 and getting 5, but I can't think of many others who would have been in a similar situation. Craig maybe.

Obviously we don't know the situation, but I'm not sure I like to think of Saints as a club that would force out a player who is as well thought of as Millar, especially one who still makes quality contributions to the team.

ive been thinking much the same - wonder if because of his recent injury problems Broon has asked him to take a pay cut similar to Scobbie

Chris has always been a favourite of mine and as can be seen here a lot of other Saints fans. The last couple of seasons has seen a stop start period with him picking up groin and thigh injuries. But the life of a football player is not a prolonged one and all good things must come to an end.

If the manager does not want to keep Chris and wants to move on then we have to accept it, the club have lost other players from the cup winning side and some would say the loss of Fraser Wright and Cuptie was more of a loss.

If Chris does stay and fight for his place then it will be up to him to show he is fit and able like every other player. No place for sentiment in football.

Chris has always been a favourite of mine and as can be seen here a lot of other Saints fans. The last couple of seasons has seen a stop start period with him picking up groin and thigh injuries. But the life of a football player is not a prolonged one and all good things must come to an end.

If the manager does not want to keep Chris and wants to move on then we have to accept it, the club have lost other players from the cup winning side and some would say the loss of Fraser Wright and Cuptie was more of a loss.

If Chris does stay and fight for his place then it will be up to him to show he is fit and able like every other player. No place for sentiment in football.

I don't think anybody would dispute the club's right to move a player on if it was for the best of the team. It's the way they are seemingly going about it on this occasion that sounds concerning.

I don't think anybody would dispute the club's right to move a player on if it was for the best of the team. It's the way they are seemingly going about it on this occasion that sounds concerning.

Indeed, they made it very vocal concerning shifting Watson and Coulson so why is this one, if true, being kept so quiet?

Is Watson even still with us? Coulson's release was never confirmed by the club and I haven't seen Watson anywhere recently.

Is it to stop him being entitled to a testimonial ???

She's not talking pish at all. She's bang on the money.. Chris Millar IS fit and available for selection but is being  frozen out for some reason. He can't come out and speak about it but the club can and should. Time to cut the cloak and dagger pish. Millar is one of the Scottish Cup legends and if his time is up at the club, then the club should come out and say so. If it's something personal there is no great need for details, just a short and clear statement. That's the least he deserves. I personally hope he sees out his contract with Saints...

O

Edited by Cagey
Can't post without this stuff being attached.

If there are discussions ongoing between player and club, these have to be allowed to play out. The club are not in a position to discuss this in public until that has happened. Anything other would be completely unfair on Midge himself. Would you want your employer shouting about your contract negotiations in public?

If there are discussions ongoing between player and club, these have to be allowed to play out. The club are not in a position to discuss this in public until that has happened. Anything other would be completely unfair on Midge himself. Would you want your employer shouting about your contract negotiations in public?

Similarly, vague social media posts from the player do not necessarily help matters. Just fuels the speculation even more.

It's called football.. all our cup final team are legends.. Personally I think he can still do a turn for us, but even as one of his biggest fans can see his best seasons are behind him! Plus and no bad feeling when I say this but there was a time when he was talking about playing his football in Australia.. which if he had followed through I would have given him my good wishes..my point is you can't have it all ways.. all I hope for is that both parties are treated with respect... like I say Cup Final Legend ;-)

Midge was injured more than twice last season,he broke down at Tynecastle after about half an hour and never played for a good wee while,when he came back he broke down a couple of times around the hour mark and had to be subbed.I hope he's not being mistreated by Saints,but if he's not TW's first team choice so be it,I'm comfortable with the choices being made thus far,he likes to rotate, but I'm hoping he sticks by his successful Line up