Saints Vs Aberdeen Scsf 12/13 April

David123

We have now sold BF 1, 2, and 3 and have a small section in Main.  Pretty slow sales tbh, the apathy from a significant section of our support breaks my heart.  A pal of mine who has a season ticket at Sunderland asked is we would take about 20,000 - I laughed and said we would be lucky to have 9,000 there. 

If you've no got a ticket yet -GET ONE!

COYS

Aye moantaefeck people a day out with the mates/wife/kids (delete as applicable).

Going with 4 of my nephews and one of them is a *** (sorry celtc fan) trying tae talk my wee brother intae it as well.

Was thinking of fly posting a few pubs I frequent maybe get some of the old boys tae at least think about it.

Come on we need the people o perth to support our team . Big push needed from all our fans to get there and drag anyone else they can with them . Dundee United ten and a half thousand we need at least 5 thousand . This is a massive game and one that we can win .

Totally agree with the sentiment here unfortunately I would bet that anyone reading such posts on WAP, already have their tickets. The problem is trying to motivate those who opt in and out of following saints. A number of these people who made the effort to attend the league cup semi-final against the sheep will have been put off and won't come to this game because the memory of that defeat is too fresh. Your right though, think the best supporters already attending can do is to encourage family friends etc to come with us and really the club should be working to promote the game in any way it can

Totally agree with the sentiment here unfortunately I would bet that anyone reading such posts on WAP, already have their tickets. The problem is trying to motivate those who opt in and out of following saints. A number of these people who made the effort to attend the league cup semi-final against the sheep will have been put off and won't come to this game because the memory of that defeat is too fresh. Your right though, think the best supporters already attending can do is to encourage family friends etc to come with us and really the club should be working to promote the game in any way it can

There seems to be the usual perth public apathy towards their local team on top of the game being live on the bbc

the organisers have done their bit with cheap ticket prices but feel that the club should be promoting what is a major game on the football calendar.

Obviously we'd like a big following and yes, there is more that could be done to get a few more fans in, but realistically what are people's expectations of what sort of crowd we SHOULD get.

On the one hand, 2-3k for a national semi final is/would be poor. But when you think that is somewhere between 5-7% of the population of perth, that doesn't sound as bad.

Given that we have been spoilt in recent years with cup semi's and we have failed every time, I can understand why fair weather fans might give this a miss.

If this was our first semi in years, such as the 88/89 one vs rangers, then, yes, I'd expect a big support, but for what is just one more in a line of semis in relatively quick succession, especially after the total disaster of the LC semi.....

We are who we are, with the size of support we have, so no point really moaning about it. It is the jobs of however many do turn up to give the team a cracking backing and not disapear like at Tynecastle.

There seems to be the usual perth public apathy towards their local team on top of the game being live on the bbc

the organisers have done their bit with cheap ticket prices but feel that the club should be promoting what is a major game on the football calendar.

I think there is a perth apathy towards everything to be honest, not sure what it is, perth just doesn't seem to like doing things, we cannea even keep a snooker hall open, aside from Noah's ark which is for kids, there is nothing at all to, we have the new concert hall but I couldn't even tell you a show that has been on in the last year, seems to be mix of the old firm lot and wine drinking culturists who tend no to be into football, from my experience anyway

I don't live in Perth so can't really comment on what efforts the club are making in terms of promoting the game in the local community. Surely the official website should be a focal point of any promotion with a semi-final advertisement before you enter the site yet there's nothing. A neutral would have to look down the news column till they come across a mascot competition before having any idea that the club are about to play in a major competition! This doesn't fill me with optimism about what else is being done. I would reasonably expect there to be radio promotion, local appearances from players and a massive push on the social media front. From what I see our twitter feeds seem to be pretty good but that's about it.....come on saints we need to do better!!

I feel i should chip in my part with regards to this discussion about our attendances.

This has been going on for a long long time now.. Its something that is consistently brought up on this forum as well as being well documented from directors of the club and in the media. I am upset about this issue but i have to be realistic by saying that i don't think its going to change in the near future. Our attendances have been pretty much terrible for the last 8 years or so and if from then till now nothing had changed then i don't think there will be any improvement anytime soon. As i have stated before, i think we have the fanbase out there..people in Perth still know saints exist and most of them keep tabs on us but i think the majority of Perth would rather just keep it that way rather than fork out £23 for a match. Also i don't really understand the issue of people not having the money to attend a match every so often ..its not like there is a lot to spend your money on in Perth anyway! As stated in the previous post, there really is not much to do in Perth at all anymore but one thing we do have is a bloody good family club in the top tier of Scottish football going incredibly well. People NEED to realise this.

We know the fans are there, the football team is done everything they can on the pitch...the club has pulled a good marketing campaign out the bag in the last couple of seasons and still no response. I think all these people just need a good kick up the arse and get out and support us.

We are bloody semi finalists in Scotland's 2 biggest cup competitions..If that doesn't sway the on the fence fans i don't know what ever will.

Edited by Saint.Justin

The key point, touched on previously, is that the support is there. It's not like we're trying to magic fans out of thin air, there are folk out there who are Saints fans but they need persuaded to attend this match, both by fellow supporters but more importantly the club themselves. Nobody is going to claim football isn't (too) expensive these days but at £15 and £5 (plus less than £10 for bus travel), this match should be affordable.

Been really disappointed but sadly not surprised by the club's lack of effort to push ticket sales. Folk don't like it and don't want to accept it but a lot of fans see themselves as customers/consumers now and they need to be drawn in. The idea that sales of tickets for matches like this just take care of themselves is about 20 years out of date.

I bet everyone on this forum has bought a ticket for an event after having it marketed to them. The same principle should apply here. Just opening the doors of the ticket office won't do the job.

We could and can still take 8,000 plus fans to this game but not unless it starts becoming all everyone in Perthshire is seeing and hearing about for the next ten days.

yes we got two great crowds for the euro games and took nearly 4 thousand to the league cup semi so theres interest in the club

Maybe more buses could have been laid on or even like the dons have done a football special train arranged

these sort of things help encourage people to attend

the organisers have done their bit with the pricing so the rests up to the perth public to back their local team in what is a major game for the club

Think the dons have shifted close to 14000 tickets but does anyone know how many we ve sold