St.johnstone V Ross County, Saturday Tea Time, 15/3/14

Dr Christmas Jones

Two semi-finals, a good showing in Europe and potentially another top six finish is a good season for a club like St.Johnstone yet I have seen some of the most inept football I've ever seen in my time as a Saints fan under TW. We are extremely inconsistent and this is all down to him. He gets it so right in one game, then so disastrously wrong in another. We look like league winners in one game then relegation fodder in the next. As a fan I have thought we look capable of achieving European football one week... To thinking we could be in danger of ending up in the play off the next. It's absolutely bizarre. It's either black or white with TW. I think I prefer the arguably dull grey area managers like Lomas and McInnes gave us.

We were piss poor indeed.!but we are still having a great season overall.!some heavy duty griping going on here ,which of course us fans are entitled too.!Im still celebrating the three very unusuall points at Tannadice on wednesday night.!Have tae laugh at the Tommy Wright thread.! the guy still has the chance to be a Saints Legend.!beat Rosenberg away ,beat Minsk away.!still in with a shout of the Scottish Cup .! still looking half decent for a top six finish.! if we put half a dozen performances in a row like that then maybe there would be a bit of justification.!then again ,!perhaps expectations have risen.!? as long as TW gets it right in more games ,than he gets it wrong.

Edited by croc

I know this has been discussed previously but it was something I noticed again today.

Clancy - one of the tallest and probably one of the better players in the air in the team today.

Standing at the half way line when we have attacking corners and free kicks.

Mackay on the other hand wonders into the box at every opportunity. I've yet to see him even nearly get on the end of a set piece.

Its maybe a minor detail but its about maximising every opportunity

Anyone who thinks Dunne is better than Davidson is clearly not right in the head . That midfield tonight played shite . Dunne and Mcdonald were posted missing for most of that match . Central midfield is where we lost that match tonight . Utter pish . Is Croft injured ? He was the only guy putting quality balls in the box in the first half and was taken off . Bad bad day at the office .

out of interest, when did we last equalise? Seems like every time we lose a goal we go on to lose the match.

We have lost the first goal and come back to draw 1-1 against Rosenburg (H), Partick Thistle (H). Any other game where we have lost the first goal we have got NOTHING.  When we have scored first  we have won 14 times, and gone on to lose only ONCE plus 1 draw.

As for that shite tonight. What's the point? Our utterly pathetic and unacceptable performance has been fully covered. Fucking wage thieves...

Very poor, especially when we knew Hibs had been beaten before, should have been really up for it to virtually seal our top six place, but it was County that showed the real desire, not a great team but first to every ball and only poor final ball and they could have won by more.

The pitch is an absolute mess and there are better public park pitches at this time of year, ball bobbled about all day and Croft slipped on it at the goal, but again maybe it was just Saints as County seemed to pass it about better.

The boy O'Halloran also must wonder whats going on, when he can't get on before Iwelumo, have to wonder why a great team like Scunthorpe released him. Yeh probably needed more a physical presence, but it just shows how much we miss Murray in the middle, he would have dominated in there today and not let them boss the midfield.

But knowing Saints, will probably go out and pump the Hibs, as they are rank rotten

We were totally crap ,but their keeper still made three great saves, we had a goal chalked off. which IMO should have stood.! aye we was bad,but I have seen "Badder" and felt Badder after losing.!I put it down to us being mair leggy than Dougie .!

Edited by croc

Anyone who thinks Dunne is better than Davidson is clearly not right in the head . That midfield tonight played shite . Dunne and Mcdonald were posted missing for most of that match . Central midfield is where we lost that match tonight . Utter pish . Is Croft injured ? He was the only guy putting quality balls in the box in the first half and was taken off . Bad bad day at the office .

We lost that match all over the park not just central midfield. Dunne should never have been subbed though. I said first half that Crofts crosses were really affective. As for the Davidson v Dunne comment. How would you ever know. Like every saints fan walking to the game you wonder what team is gonna turn up. Rossco had the hunger,the desire and the will to win the game.

Watched the game in Preston not happy. Going back to the point I have been making for some time. TW is playing squad rotation and continually bringing Iwelumo on as sub proves it. Lets use Wotherspoon, O'Halloran, Hasselbaink and Dunne as an other example.

Aberdeen Wotherspoon and Hasslebaink start (loss) Next game change

Forfar Wotherspoon and O'Halloran start (win) Next game change

Celtic Wotherspoon and Dunne start (loss) Next game change

Inverness Wotherspoon and Hasselbaink start (loss) Next game change

Motherwell Hasslebaink and Dunne start (win) next game change

Aberdeen Wotherspoon, O'Halloran and Dunne start (loss) next game change

Raith Hasslebaink and Dunne start (win) next game change

Dundee UTD Wotherspoon, O'Halloran and Dunne start (win) next game change

Ross County Hasslebaink and Dunne start (loss) next game change

Watch out for next change Wotherspoon and O'Halloran turn to start

anyone willing to bet against it

If we are going to get win after win we need continuity not rotation.

Edited by Inchcolm

We lost that match all over the park not just central midfield. Dunne should never have been subbed though. I said first half that Crofts crosses were really affective. As for the Davidson v Dunne comment. How would you ever know. Like every saints fan walking to the game you wonder what team is gonna turn up. Rossco had the hunger,the desire and the will to win the game.

I disagree .

As for Davidson v Dunne , seen them both several times and although we may not have seen the best of Dunne yet , he doesn't look a patch on big Muzz . That could change but i don't think he has the minerals . Just my opinion .

That was pretty dire. A lot of people over-reacting though. If we beat Aberdeen and Utd/Albion/Sevco there'll be people calling for Tommy Wright to be canonized.

If May's overhead kick had gone in and/or the goal had been given at the end this thread would look a lot different. We're still top 6, got a cup semi to look forward to, and a homegrown player in the top scorers list. Not having any of this 'I'm not going back' pish, it wasn't so long ago we were losing in this manner to the likes of Clyde.