Name That Beer!

Two Js

Something along those lines was discussed, however there is a brewery called Fyne Ales and the similarity was too close. Sorry

I think it has to reference St Johnstone - can't be too clever with the name otherwise a lot of people just won't get it.

Just call it 'St Johnstone Finale' - with the last three letters of finale in a lighter colour to bring out the ale aspect

I think the word Saints or st johnstone should be in the title. I also would like to see some of the profits put to the club!?

I don't know much about advertising or marketing but as a consumer I would hav thought the title should be short and eye catching with more detailed wording including St Johnstone in smaller print elsewhere on the label. A logo in the team colours should be equally eye catching

I don't know much about advertising or marketing but as a consumer I would hav thought the title should be short and eye catching with more detailed wording including St Johnstone in smaller print elsewhere on the label. A logo in the team colours should be equally eye catching

I have not been involved in any of the production or marketing - I just offered to put the question out on WAP because I knew there would be some great suggestions (and some weird ones). I agree on the short, eye catching title. I know the brewery take great care to ensure they do not offend anyone so they will need to contact St Johnstone before producing anything with Saints name, crest etc. on it. (I think a tentative enquiry has been made but don't quote me on it).

Great name Kicker, Only problem I would see is the Wright name associated with Beer and from Perth, My Old man, and Old father In Law both always go on about the worst beer they ever drunk was wrights beer fae Perth,

I await some old Perthite from the furthest North of Canada to tell me it was Braw Beer :wink:

My auld man was in total agreement with your auld man and faither in law and when Ushers took over his sentiments continued, I used to drink Ushers the odd time at the Welcome but as my mother in law told me a few times John would drink beer through a sh#tty cloot :laugh:

My auld man was in total agreement with your auld man and faither in law and when Ushers took over his sentiments continued, I used to drink Ushers the odd time at the Welcome but as my mother in law told me a few times John would drink beer through a sh#tty cloot :laugh:

No as bad as watneys red barrel John, the beer that killed the Auld Hoose overnight

Aye Ushers was terrible it was all the beer that was in the Strand Gold Tankard I think it was called, terrible stuff, Like you though didna stop me drinking plenty of it.

No as bad as watneys red barrel John, the beer that killed the Auld Hoose overnight

They had a daft song in their commercial on the telly it wis as bad as their beer.

How about Saint's Recreational Ale cause thats where it started 130 odd years ago

I think something along the lines of 'Saints 130' is good, because should the unthinkable happens on May 17th and it all goes to rats, then the beer can still be used to celebrate arguably the best ever Saints season.

Arguably no, definitely. Maybe a team photo on the label, club crest (if allowed), or an image from the semi final celebrations.