Dundee Utd

Gshrek

Thought that the imaginative display was a creative success largely. It probably didn't come off completely but it was a great attempt. Fantasic effort from the Saintees too. Great colour and fantastic work. DABs have some really decent fans and although we all hae oor share 'o fan dancers, they just happen to hae a few more than most.

MacNamara - Ungracious and whinging as usual 

The handshake with TW was definitely not friendly.

TW nearly ALWAYS shakes and gives a wee hug to the opposition manager. That hug not something he offered Jackie on Sat.

Edited by PerthSeany

Well i had an experiance with a knob jockey of a DAB after the game . As we were walking to Bellgrove this guy called us 2 bob fans as we walked past , i asked him why and he tells me real fans stay at least an hour in the ground after they've won the cup and that we'll be back to 1700 fans next week !

I tell him we don't have a game next week , stop being a sore loser and that Utd will be back to 6000 for their Europa league games (with an added laugh for effect obviously). He takes a strop and wants to fight but his mate drags him away ! So my thoughts on the DABS are a tad different from some on here . Fannies .

To be fair to Frazer, cifci elbowed him off the ball and was a dirty little shit most of the game. If I recall correctly, he's just been booked here for a wild lunge just after MacLeans goal. Pure petulance.

Funniest clip like this I've seen is GMS complaining about being subbed. Don't know how to post it on here though.

Saints fans will see the fouls from Ciftci, United fans the ones from May. Saints fans will see the Paton challenge. United fans will see the two from Dunne. Saints fans will see the comments from McNamara and United fans will see the ones from Wright. It is the nature of the beast.

Saints fans will see the fouls from Ciftci, United fans the ones from May. Saints fans will see the Paton challenge. United fans will see the two from Dunne. Saints fans will see the comments from McNamara and United fans will see the ones from Wright. It is the nature of the beast.

I didn't see any fouls from Shifty as I was probably too busy crying tbh. Just pleased he didn't strangle anyone.

To be fair to Frazer, cifci elbowed him off the ball and was a dirty little shit most of the game. If I recall correctly, he's just been booked here for a wild lunge just after MacLeans goal. Pure petulance.

Funniest clip like this I've seen is GMS complaining about being subbed. Don't know how to post it on here though.

https://t.co/mOWmzqLNFJ gms clip u were referring to. Absolutely brilliant.

Everyone really should watch this - few swears in there so not if the kids are about haha

While United's footballer have technical ability they need to learn how to put up fight in physical battles.

MacLean looks about 3 stone after eating a fish supper but boy does he give centre backs a physical battle.

Cifti apart, United's youngsters are too easily bossed about. I do think a possible couple of tougher players in the centre of midfield would help out in that respect.

McNamarra needs to understand that the likes of Barca have fantastic levels of ability and rarely need a plan b. United's players are not at that level and sometimes will need to dig in for a result.

While United's footballer have technical ability they need to learn how to put up fight in physical battles.

MacLean looks about 3 stone after eating a fish supper but boy does he give centre backs a physical battle.

Cifti apart, United's youngsters are too easily bossed about. I do think a possible couple of tougher players in the centre of midfield would help out in that respect.

McNamarra needs to understand that the likes of Barca have fantastic levels of ability and rarely need a plan b. United's players are not at that level and sometimes will need to dig in for a result.

Exactly what I was saying to my neighbour earlier......if their 'famed' front four don't click and everything doesn't go their way, they have no alternative method of winning games...hence why they have lost so many games to 'nil'

Edited by Edstar101

JackMac has been tactically out-mastered by TW.

He acts like a petulant wee laddie who wants to pick his baw up and go home when not going his way.

He needs to look at a back four consisting of 2 left back and 2 right backs.

A top level striker getting balls hit at him from 60 yards away.

They humped us 4-0, we took note and learned. We've beaten them 4 on the bounce with 4 clean sheets.

We know how to win games against opponents, this sour faced Cnut doesn't.

SACKED IN THE MORNING!

I was also disappointed with the DU card display. There were large sections that did not bother so it was impossible to read what was spelt out in the display.

`You mean the people holding the black cards? It did look like that but apparantly it was the old Utd badge. I couldn't make it out at the time.

Don't necessarily disagree with many of the comments on JMac and United on here.  Our defence has had a makeshift look about it for the whole season, and I we have had precious few clean sheets.  Whilst having some dazzling displays of forward football, other coaches were always going to try to counter that with 'tactics' of their own, it for us to deal with.  As for GMS he has been suffering from a post viral infection for months, and looks drained, I did not expect to see him at all on Saturday, after a pedestrian display at Celtic Park last week.  That said he has been booted to phuc this season, it appears every team is entitled to a free kick at GMS, tackles that would mean instant red cards in any other league in Europe, but in macho Scotland it appears its ok to clatter ball players, anyone who watches other leagues will know exactly what I'm talking about. 

IMO Dundee United are the 6th club in Scotland, behind Celtic, Sevco, Aberdeen and the Edinburgh 2.  Therefore finishing 4th, and reaching the cup final is over achievement, not bad for a manager in his first full season in the top flight....with a makeshift defence, and lot of very young inexperienced players.

On Saturday Jmac remained faithful to his first pick squad, and rather than change the system, but be the margins between success and failure are slim, we had chances but poor fortune, but lets not sack Jmac just yet, or write off the outstanding young players in their break through season.