St Johnstone V Fc Luzern Thursday 24 July 2014

andrew

Of course they were better than us.  I wouldnae say they were a team of absolute cheats mind you.  They had one or two who were dramatic, they were not over physical.  Minks were just a shower in comparison, to put Lucerne in the same category as Minsk is rather harsh imo.

We were terrific and the fans were were terrific.  Brown was fantastic in midfield and looks a real prospect.  Midgey and Wright threw themselves at everything and in Mannus we have an amazing keeper (although he was not troubled hugely).

Onwards comrades, Slovakia awaits....

COYS

They weren't as dirty as Minsk certainly.  But they lay down every time they were tackled.  Their wee number 8 was the worst, managed to get Croft booked for nothing.  To be fair, maybe they just realised how poor the ref was and decided to take advantage of it.  Still makes them cheats though.

The penalty shenanigans and whatever it was they were doing to try and stop Tam Scobbie being subbed on were worse than their on-field behaviour, which wasn't brilliant but certainly not as bad as there is out there.

TW was ready to batter their bench during the Scobbie thing.

TW also claiming tonight that pens were not practised and this is the key to success

Great performance from all concerned. It was technical ability against teamwork and desire. 

Our 5 pens were all fantastic. All hit with real power and conviction. 

Hopefully the fact that the pitch invasion was fairly brief will count in our favour,

I hope SB finally loosens the purse strings and gives TW some money to spend. We need another striker to help May and McLean.

Brilliant night thought we looked very leggy towards the end and Lucerne were a decent side albeit very over theatrical, ref a nightmare. Well done all the guys who took the pens, superbly taken and to Alan for a great display between the posts. Also echo previous post re Scott Brown am very impressed, looks the part.

Luzern were technically as good as any side I've seen at McDiarmid Park.  Yes they had the referee sussed after 2 minutes and used less than sportsmanlike tactics at times, but in Europe that's the way it goes - Minks should have taught us that!!  Spoony's shot just before he came off for example, had he gone down when the Luzern player tugged his shirt it was a stick on penalty from that ref, but he stayed on his feet.

Saints were absolute ****ing heroes tonight, every one.  So hard to pick a MOTM, so I'll bugger off and do the poll while I think...

Oh, and the Luzern fans were mental.  What a noise from before 7pm until the end!

What about our diddy wee club though.  It just keeps giving and giving.  

And where the fuque is Andy when he's wrong?!?!

------------------

Andy is all of us, we are all Andy, its our dark side .... our worst fears. We have been banishing this gremlin since May 17th.

Could not have dreamed saints would ever score 5/5 on the penalty spot, such confidence and winning against a stronger technical side shows something else, we have heart.