Subway

THE LARK SAINT

Subway was a big thing in the 90s. Had to cut back after too rapid expansion in 00's. Now back, but like Nando's a definite yes/no sort of place to go to.

nandos/subway? bland bland food, hardly better than McD's. Wouldnt it be nice if Perth had a really nice, locally sourced sandwich shop - given the agriculture around the town it wouldnt be hard to get the ingredients. Selling kids a foot long loaf of bread with sugar/salt loaded fillings isnt really 21st century

I like Subway for what it is.....decent lunch deal. nice selection of breads and the salad is always fresh. Like all these big chains though, you will find that the quality may dip in the odd franchaise.

Re Gussie's point, I'm sure I read that at one point they had more outlets than McDonalds

nandos/subway? bland bland food, hardly better than McD's. Wouldnt it be nice if Perth had a really nice, locally sourced sandwich shop - given the agriculture around the town it wouldnt be hard to get the ingredients. Selling kids a foot long loaf of bread with sugar/salt loaded fillings isnt really 21st century

There are/have been several really good sandwich shops in Perth, but being Indies without the backing of massive advertising budgets they don't get the business to keep them going ling term.

There are/have been several really good sandwich shops in Perth, but being Indies without the backing of massive advertising budgets they don't get the business to keep them going ling term.

Name them TS! There will be plenty of people reading this forum who dont live in  perth - cheaper, better, more local than a multinational? id shop there.

its expensive enough to go to footy wihtout being ripped off by some bland corp

Name them TS! There will be plenty of people reading this forum who dont live in perth - cheaper, better, more local than a multinational? id shop there.

its expensive enough to go to footy wihtout being ripped off by some bland corp

There was one on High st for a while. Cant remember name, but it wasn't great

There was one on High st for a while. Cant remember name, but it wasn't great

Baguette Express I think you're meaning, which is another franchise/chain. There's a braw wee independent cafe/sandwich shop on the same street as the Ship Inn - can't remember it's name though. The one up at Letham shops is also very good and seems to do pretty good trade.