Saints V Alashkert Europa League Q1 2Nd Leg Thurs 9Th July 2015

Sutton wasn't very good but MacLean is living a charmed life. How long can the manager persist with a striker that not only doesn't score goals but isn't offering nearly as much to the team as he used to.

My own personal prefence is for a striker with a bit of pace and flair and if that isn't Cummins or Kane, then I'd play O'Halloran up front despite his poor finishing at times.

Fair comment

Surely I wasn't the only one to see the ref with the red card in his hand when Ando went down ready to send him off, only for him to swap it for a yellow, once he saw the injury to Andos face and book both the players !!!!!

Anyway, seriously shite game and shite tactics........ positive note......might get extra pre season games now :)

Still should have beaten that lot with our second string side. Scobbie did ok IMO but he is so limited in midfield and the amount of times he was dragged out of position and lost possession shows he will only ever be a defender. Brown very average and will probably not make the cut IMO. I also thought shaugnessey wasn't great but hopefully he can improve over the course of the season. O'halloran is our only player with anything about him in an attacking sense and without him the team just look so rigid and lacking any movement. Sutton was anonymous but he requires crosses and service which we didn't provide last night. It's baffling how Maclean still starts matches. The man offers nothing at all and his goal record for a striker is laughable. Overall a very poor result against a very poor side

That was what they call a total beamer.

Injury list as long as my arm but I'm sorry Tommy, I'd rather see youngster playing their own position than players playing out of positioneverywhere. Caddis should have started. Kane up top not left wing. We were doomed from the start.

I hate slagging Saints, but last night was awful.  Every player with the exception of O'Halloran was way below par.  Even experienced reliable players made poor decisions at times.  Injuries didn't help, but if Caddis can't be trusted to start when we were so depleted in midfield then I have to question why he was given another contract. (he actually did well when he did eventually come on).  Sutton will struggle with us I think.  Work-rate is a massive part of our success in recent years and he is miles too unfit and slow to play that way.  However, there's still enough at this club to finish top six, so onwards and upwards.

I hate slagging Saints, but last night was awful. Every player with the exception of O'Halloran was way below par. Even experienced reliable players made poor decisions at times. Injuries didn't help, but if Caddis can't be trusted to start when we were so depleted in midfield then I have to question why he was given another contract. (he actually did well when he did eventually come on). Sutton will struggle with us I think. Work-rate is a massive part of our success in recent years and he is miles too unfit and slow to play that way. However, there's still enough at this club to finish top six, so onwards and upwards.

I admire your optimism, but having watched our inconsistency and lack of creativity and thus goals this last year, I'm not sure it'll be easy for us to be top six again. I don't know if we can get away with playing last season's way for another year. Of course, if we bring in a player such as Swanson and play as we did towards the end of last season, but consistently, then maybe. For me there were too many utterly deficient performances last season - Inverness, Dingwall, Dumfries and the 3-0 at Firhill were horrific. At other times we were very good - Celtic, United, Aberdeen, Dundee. So frustrating to watch us either play very well one week then hopelessly the next. Our only consistency was our inconsistency!

People over reacting to a team that would never start again lolz. How can anyone judge where we will finish in the league on that team? Millar, Muzz, Lappin and Wotherspoon all missing. Four nailed on starters right there.

Agree with this. Misplaced hysteria all over the place.

People over reacting to a team that would never start again lolz. How can anyone judge where we will finish in the league on that team? Millar, Muzz, Lappin and Wotherspoon all missing. Four nailed on starters right there.

I agree hsf but in the context of the play we've witnessed this last year I can understand some of the negative stuff. We have, at times, simply been deficient. If we started last night as we played for the last 15 minutes then I think we'd have won comfortably even with an increasingly makeshift team.

Agree to an extent. However, our reserves who all full time professionals, should still be beating a part time Armenian side.

We have excuses but it was still poor.