Hearts V Saints. Sunday 2 August 12.30 K-O.

We wont lose this game. Hearts won an utterly pish championship they are nothing special.

So they have sold 14,000 season tickets?

Could not give a ****.

Means there will be all the more tears when we win.

^^^ this. Away win.

So they have sold 14,000 season tickets?

Sooooo..... they can afford to sign a Brazilian from the Portuguese premier league, handing out 3 year contract to a promising young Scottish striker and sign a 24 year old left back with 17 international caps...

I'm guessing that's what 14,000 season tickets gets you.. Oh yeah and probably a bit left over in the bank after that.

Sooooo..... they can afford to sign a Brazilian from the Portuguese premier league, handing out 3 year contract to a promising young Scottish striker and sign a 24 year old left back with 17 international caps...

I'm guessing that's what 14,000 season tickets gets you.. Oh yeah and probably a bit left over in the bank after that.

Might as well not even turn up then.

Efe Ambrose has 46 caps for Nigeria.

Don't think anyone can argue that the points penalty and relegation was a small price for Hearts to pay when you look at where they are now. But, they took their medicine with good grace and are conducting themselves in decent manner now, so it's hard to feel the same way about them as the cheats from Govan and Dundee.

Don't think anyone can argue that the points penalty and relegation was a small price for Hearts to pay when you look at where they are now. But, they took their medicine with good grace and are conducting themselves in decent manner now, so it's hard to feel the same way about them as the cheats from Govan and Dundee.

It's only slightly better but you are right. If nothing else they appear to have got themselves sorted and are following a suitable and sustainable plan.

I note we have agreed to give Hearts a guard of honour on Sunday.

Utter nonsense. They should be giving us a guard of honour for being the first club in Scotland to help them out financially when they were in dire straits.

Not buying into this whole fear factor surrounding Hearts. Hope we get wired right into them from the first minute, give some of their new signings a rough introduction to Scottish football.

I note we have agreed to give Hearts a guard of honour on Sunday.

Utter nonsense. They should be giving us a guard of honour for being the first club in Scotland to help them out financially when they were in dire straits.

Not buying into this whole fear factor surrounding Hearts. Hope we get wired right into them from the first minute, give some of their new signings a rough introduction to Scottish football.

Guard of honour what for winning a diddy league, as a matter of interest did we get one when we got promoted ???

Totally against this guard of honour rubbish. Applauding your opponents onto the pitch before a match is the last thing we should be doing. Hated it when we did it for Celtic a while back too, but at least they actually finished above us in the league. We've qualified for Europe four times on the trot and meanwhile they were playing in a lower division - when do we get our guard of honour?

In my opinion clubs that have recovered from administration in this way should be put under pressure to go back and do right by the people and businesses they screwed over. To me, that would be conducting themselves in a decent manner - not throwing cash around at exotic new signings in order to satisfy their supporters' delusions of grandeur.

Absolutely spot on BH.  It seems to be all too quickly forgotten that they screwed a lot of people over, many small businesses amongst them.  I'd agree they've taken it all with slightly better grace than Rangers and Dundee supporters seem to have but the end result has been the same.  They cheated for a number of years and won trophies at other teams expense because of it.  They are now spending more money than all but a couple of teams in the country.  As ever this narrative is rarely reported and all we seem to hear is how wonderful they are.  

Whilst I agree with Al C and Blueheaven- it must be said the companies were screwed because of one mans decisions. Romanov was the guy that signed off the cheques and he is solely responsible for the mess that was left behind. The new owner has been very much a credit to the game.

As for Sevco and Dundee

Totally against this guard of honour rubbish. Applauding your opponents onto the pitch before a match is the last thing we should be doing. Hated it when we did it for Celtic a while back too, but at least they actually finished above us in the league. We've qualified for Europe four times on the trot and meanwhile they were playing in a lower division - when do we get our guard of honour?

Why does this bother you? Who cares, it has nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

I think it is a mark of respect, it means something to them even so be indifferent and really if I'm in the Saints line up that day it would encourage me to wash their face.

For a team that are predicting to be up challenging celtic for the league. They aren't doing too well against a league 2 side at the moment. 

Will obviously be changes to their team on Saturday but they still have starters playing tonight. Play like we know we can and we will win this and get this season up and running. 

Why does this bother you? Who cares, it has nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

I think it is a mark of respect, it means something to them even so be indifferent and really if I'm in the Saints line up that day it would encourage me to wash their face.

I agree with a guard of honour for a team the week after they've won the premier league, whether it's celtic or anyone else. But hearts won a lower league FFS, and about 2 months before the end of the season. It's bizarre to give them one on Sunday.

Anyway, clap them onto the pitch and let them get all carried away with their flag raising and how great they were last season, then hammer them.