Saints v Dundee Utd. 26/9/15

The ghost of Jim Morton

United are a bigger club than Saints. We can't squabble over that. They have a bigger budget and bigger potential.

But they aren't big enough any more tempt a decent Saints manager. United's ambitions are what – top four? Cup win? He's done that at Saints. If a big Championship side came in for Tommy and he went I'd be delighted for him: he deserves a big pay-day. But what, seriously, can United offer that's significantly more than the safe job he has at Saints. 

Here's what he'd ask himself: how many managers have Saints sacked in the last 10 years? How many have United?

I see one maybe 2 options for Tommy Wright Championship but even that would hold some doubts

However he'll never say NO to Northern Ireland.. That would be my only concern if they were looking.....

United are No NO NO NO NO NO....NO CHANCE

I see one maybe 2 options for Tommy Wright Championship but even that would hold some doubts

However he'll never say NO to Northern Ireland.. That would be my only concern if they were looking.....

United are No NO NO NO NO NO....NO CHANCE

^This.^

*Just realised this is the second time I've agreed with BBD.

Stonewall penalty, dubious red, but hardly worth the cash.......give the grand to Tommy to keep him sweet, he's in demand you know......

What about the foul on McLean just before it?  That was as "stonewall" as the penalty.  And you've typed "dubious" instead of "farcical". 

I find the abuse Scoobs gets pathetic. He's a left back giving his all whenever and wherever needed.  Im sure there is no-one more annoyed with his poor header on Saturday than Tam. 

Apart from 1 poor judgement in the last 2 games he's been rock solid. Yeah he's not Fraz or Ando but he gives 100% so that's good enough for me.   

I find the abuse Scoobs gets pathetic. He's a left back giving his all whenever and wherever needed.  Im sure there is no-one more annoyed with his poor header on Saturday than Tam. 

Apart from 1 poor judgement in the last 2 games he's been rock solid. Yeah he's not Fraz or Ando but he gives 100% so that's good enough for me.   

I'll agree with you. Tam gives his all and at times looks absolute class.

I'm afraid he makes me nervous and always looks like he is one bad timed tackle or pass-back from dropping us in it.

Having said this and notwithstanding his error for the sending off I seen real signs that he is settling at center back so I would be in a mind to let him continue there with Captain fantastic.

It took Ando 5 seasons to become a steady centre back. Folk expect injury covering players to just step into the role and be mistake free.

Ando was also a young kid who grew into the role with age and experience. Scobbie is a senior professional who's played the majority of his career at the highest level in Scotland, what more room for growth is there. He's a liability and that's the end of it. 

Ando was also a young kid who grew into the role with age and experience. Scobbie is a senior professional who's played the majority of his career at the highest level in Scotland, what more room for growth is there. He's a liability and that's the end of it. 

That's a little too harsh in my opinion.  They guy has had many MOTM performances for Saints.  He has also had a few howlers, but a liability is unfair in my opinion.  Ando is a legend at the cup, but single handedly gave Motherwell 3 goals in a cup semi-final that we thought was our biggest opportunity to make a final from.  I could probably name absolute howlers from all of our players over the years.

I wonder who TW really thinks at this stage should be his back four.

Cuptie, Beast and Ando are excused for making mistakes it seems and also pretty untouchable with the saints fans. Brad McKay, Tam Scobbie and Long Joe throw have not earned The loan from Celtic doesn't count as a long term plan/solution at the moment.