Saints v Dundee Utd. 26/9/15

The ghost of Jim Morton

when a board has sold four of  teams best players in the summer how can they blame the manager when the team is crap???

It's par for the course at our level. He's failed to rebuild and adapt. GMS and Armstrong left in January did they not? Apart from Ciftci (who was replaced with Billy Mackay) and their ropey goalie, who else did they lose over the summer? Jackie has been backed. 

Edited by Pat McGroin

BBC reported that it was a stonewaller and a red card. 

Aye Agent Biscuits talking crap as usual, probably a bit excited about another pay day coming up finding Jackie Mac a new joab.

But apart from that what a performance and what a week, Tommy probably looking for a spot on the shelf in his office to put Jackie on.

Best Saints performance in ages - full of guts, fighting and never giving up. And its proper justice on the Arabs after the cynical fouling at the start (Mikey's injury was just a case of trying to take him out of the game) and Madden's useless performance.

There wasn't one failure in the team - everyone played their part, no one hid and that's all we ever ask for.

cant praise the guys enough what a day but wat if we had been beaten by the refereeing is there anything that can be done ie memorable talking points,joes two footed tackle on the ball and won it and getting a foul against him,liams one foul = yellow card   there defender getting talked too by the t*** after another foul and no booking him but clearly saying that is multiple fouls etc etc etc

Edited by scotty gordon

What a fantastic shift from all the players.  The determination and hard work from all was fantastic.  Zander very comfortable, McKay and Easton brilliant and Cummins scored again.  His shift in leading the line second half was fantastic, he ran all day.  Fans were brilliant tae.

Two great performances this week. 

COYS

Saints sends my mood into depression for days after defeats, but this win is worth more than 3 points, I'll be flying high all week! Well deserved today, loving this dominance v Yinited of late!   Tommy hates Jackie, get it roond ya, awa n sign on, ya chate!

Can't see any signs of a broken dressing room now!

Saints were absolutely magnificent today in the face of one of the most inept refereeing displays I've ever seen.

We should all know it by now but aside from their undoubted footballing ability, we support a team full of unbelievable strength of character, determination and identity. Sure they frustrate us at times but what a team like United would give to have even a fraction of these features.

Happy Saturday evening!

A Team who refused to accept 2nd best or defeat, despite Referee Madden and the East Stand official's attempts to influence the result otherwise. 

Every manjack worked their socks off to achieve a thoroughly deserved victory. 

A kick in the guts when Billy McKay collided with Mannus and went down (what excuse does he need to go down?) and Madden (or should that be Maddening) awards a penalty. 

Bad enough decision, but compounds it by flashing a red card in Mannus's face, much to the consternation of everyone,  apart from those of a United persuasion,  who must have thought they had won the lottery.

Speaking to some Saints fans at halftime, they reckon the Ref. missed a foul on McLean before the ball had left the United half and reached the Saints box.

Said from the kick off that the Ref. was penalising Saints, while allowing the Arabs strong arm tactics to go unpunished. 

Glad to see that Good prevailed over evil, but sad to see Jackie has been released of his Managerial duties, as T.W. had his measure. 

I have witnessed victories over the Arabs going back many years, but apart from the 2014 Scottish Cup victory, today's performance by Perth St. Johnstone and the result has given me the greatest satisfaction 

Enjoy it while you can.

Edited by HOODLUM65

I think he went off with a hip injury  after Dillon did a job on him in thr corner & ref never even gave a foul.

Pre determined by Dillon and he only got there just ahead of John Rankin as he charged wildly out of position to attempt the same. Who was it that said it was easier to stop than create again? 

No surprise Madden "missed" this of course. Even when he himself counted up Morris six or seven fouls he didn't book him.

Anyone else still think we should have kept Mark Durnan? Honking.

Tremendous display by 10 men against 12.

Always felt we would get something out of the game.

United were poor & I don't think there will be many in that team going for big bucks.

Fraser getting touted as another future star. Worse than average as far as I could see.

Down to 10 men & we still pplayed 2 men up front. What a contrast to Killie game where we defended deep even on a goal up.

Echoing the sentiments of everyone else, that was one of the best performances and victories I think i've seen all considered. United looked woeful, but I still think that like the other games this season where we have gone behind, if this was the team of last season, I don't think we would have come back how we did.  The officials were appalling, its not often that all 3 are that terrible, always have open all mics on and biscuits wasn't happy with maddden either - making comment about his dishing out of yellow cards for one foul, but it was 8 fouls by Durnan before he was booked. Fantastic win though, especially against them, and they really must hate playing us now.  

Simply brilliant stuff today talk about victory achieved in the face of adversity. Would love to see the penalty incident again looked at best soft and compounded by terrible officiating throughout. I said to my wife and 2 boys before kick off that Madden was a bad ref and by God I wasn't wrong.

Typical Saints though dusted themselves down and actually thought we bossed much of the game with ten. Really impressed with Zander Clark seemed very composed having been thrown in at the deep end and his kicking is a lot better than Mannus. 

Joe seems to be settling in nicely and has been impressive last 3 times I've seen him. Despite the mistake Scobbie did pretty well and pleased he did not let that unsettle him. Easton great, Muzz great. Liam looked as though he is getting fitter and had his best game since coming back, Millar best game of the season, Macca again superb, Lappin took his goal superbly and seems to be growing in confidence. 

Most honourable mentions though to the skipper who was immense today, leading by example and as for that piece of skill near the end when he skinned the United player, unbelievable. And also to Graham Cummings who is rapidly turning into one of my favourite players. Ran all day chasing lost causes, seems to be a great all round striker with good feet, excellent movement and fantastic I'm the air. The partnership with McLean looks really promising and they seem to have a good understanding.

What a week to be a Saintee, just a pity Jackie has gone as it's been great fun last few years having an Indian sign on the Arabs

It's worth noting that the media have recently been describing us as a solid, well-disciplined team who rely on Michael O'Halloran as an attacking spark. I've seen us being described in this manner quite a lot during the past week. When Stevie May was at the club, we had to listen to the exact same thing. We were apparently a well-drilled outfit who relied upon Stevie as our attacking outlet. Much in the same way that 17th May 2014 disproved these misguided views, today's match showed that we don't 'rely' on any one person. Michael is a quality player. Stevie May was a quality player. But we have a squad with plenty more than one quality player overall. I don't know when (or if) the national media will continue to ignore this fact. It has been said time and time again, but we are not given enough credit. Ach well, at least we know our strengths.

That was one of the best team performances I've ever seen and let's be fair, this Saints team have delivered some exceptional team performances over the last few seasons. The heart, desire and belief was absolutely fantastic.  Every single player including Mannus, who had a crucial save before he went off, did their bit and more today.  

Hope the BBC edit the highlights properly and show the very clear foul on Macca that led to the break for United to get the penalty.  The East Stand linesman should never be allowed a top flight game again, his performance was worse than incompetent - he was a cheat in my view (and this is from someone who is loathe to criticise officials as I truly believe most of them are honest but just make mistakes like everyone else - and anyhoo without them there's no game).

Finally - McNamara.  I would have been happy if he had stayed in charge of United as it was becoming a guaranteed 3 points a game with him there.  Now he's gone though, I hope we never see him in  the Premiership again.  No class or dignity about him whatsoever.