Manager of the year

SJPERTH

thought he missed out 2years ago cos the voting was done before the final. why has this been done after the final or is it a different award?

Houston or Mcintyre for me

I think it's a different award. This is the Ladbrokes award whereas the other one is the SPFL which I think Mark Warburton won - ridiculously. Houston won the Championship manager of the season as voted for by Ladbrokes. 

Guest ScottMann

According to the official site...The former Northern Ireland international won the award following a vote amongst Scottish media journalists held last week.  I'm amazed if that's the case.

I wonder if this is the first time someone's got the Manager of the Year award without winning a Manager of the Month award that season. It's ridiculous Tommy's now got as many MOTY awards as he does MOTMs.

Tell us why Totten was sacked then

Don't want to get into a personal argument between you and Athens but was it not because Geoff Brown felt he was not putting enough effort into developing young players and instead looking for cash to buy in experienced players?

Don't want to get into a personal argument between you and Athens but was it not because Geoff Brown felt he was not putting enough effort into developing young players and instead looking for cash to buy in experienced players?

That was my understanding.

That was the "official " line. Sadly Athens is correct. The bitterness on both sides is adequately reflected in the fact Totten is not welcome at McD, and even if he was offered a chance to attend a game or two, I very much doubt he would choose to. 

Shame really... For me he was/ is a saints legend- his PR ability was superb. A skill developed selling tyres. 

That was the "official " line. Sadly Athens is correct. The bitterness on both sides is adequately reflected in the fact Totten is not welcome at McD, and even if he was offered a chance to attend a game or two, I very much doubt he would choose to. 

Shame really... For me he was/ is a saints legend- his PR ability was superb. A skill developed selling tyres. 

is this the same guy that done a q an a before the partick game? :roll:

Stubbs has been given permission  to speak to Rotherham. If he goes might Hibs be interested in our Manager of the Year ?

No point in worrying about this until it happens but Stubbs would appear to be keen to move down South. If you step back and look at the picture from Hibs side of the fence the top candidate must be our guy. Expect loads of speculation to follow over the next few days. Lets hope TW gets any potential new signings squared away soon in case this becomes a factor in a player committing.

The pressure on any manager who takes the Hibs job will be huge next season

Fair enough, the Scottish Cup monkey is off their back, and the cup money has bailed them out a bit, but failure to get promotion next year is not an option

If they fail to get up, they will be in financial trouble and surely the standard of player they could retain will suffer, in turn making it harder still to get out that league

Edited by Edstar101