alone Dave King was standing and when I asked him why,

he turned with eyes filled with tears and this was his reply,

I've no got a team, I've no got a team,

Just like the Arabs, we've run out 'o steam,

no leadership,  no Tommy Wright,

Help ma boab, fecking hell,

We're in the soup.

With apologies to McGonagall.

Tommy was at Inverness last night no doubt taking notes for Wednesday and was filmed speaking to MOH.  If that did not put him off any thoughts about moving to Ayebroke he should spend a few minutes browsing The Bears Den to see what the Sons of William think about him - in a couple of words "not much".

Would the acquisition of TW encourage enough bears to fork out for ST's particularly when they know that the money received may have to be used to settle some/all of the pending litigation suites. (Assuming they are on the losing side of course)

That is the/a question the board will have to consider whichever candidate they choose.

Edited by Indicator

As I was slowly passing Ayebroke park one day,

I stopped there for a moment to watch the Sevco play,

alone Dave King was standing and when I asked him why,

he turned with eyes filled with tears and this was his reply,

I've no got a team, I've no got a team,

Just like the Arabs, we've run out 'o steam,

no leadership,  no Tommy Wright,

Help ma boab, fecking hell,

We're in the soup.

there was a young man from South Africa

who came to try an put one past ya

a very rich buyer

or glib shameless liar

whatever they're f##cked oh ya dancer

On the back of todays showing, it might have been more prudent for our manager to simply NOT DICUSS with the media, his desire to manage a  club in the same league as us.  I actually have no problem with him wanting the job, if they want him and he wants it  then so be it. My problem is that I want him fully focussed on the job he is currently getting paid to do. I do not want to read about him  being " happy to take the call" I don't give a ****. What I do give a **** about though, is St.Johnstone.  Tommy Wright  managed us to the Scottish cup, and for that I will be ETERNALLY GREATFUL but I feel he has scored a bit of an own goal with his interview. Do your business quietly & professionally . We are St.Johnstone, we want to hear you talk up OUR club.

This whole things is a complete sideshow and never going to happen. TW has the same down falls Warburton has, only one game plan and can't play against bottom six sides which would not be helped if he had a baying mob waiting on any deficiency to become evident.

Good manager who is a good fit for saints but I can't see him going anywhere other than English league one side or the likes of hibs or aberdeen,  the media will force one of the above

On the back of todays showing, it might have been more prudent for our manager to simply NOT DICUSS with the media, his desire to manage a  club in the same league as us.  I actually have no problem with him wanting the job, if they want him and he wants it  then so be it. My problem is that I want him fully focussed on the job he is currently getting paid to do. I do not want to read about him  being " happy to take the call" I don't give a ****. What I do give a **** about though, is St.Johnstone.  Tommy Wright  managed us to the Scottish cup, and for that I will be ETERNALLY GREATFUL but I feel he has scored a bit of an own goal with his interview. Do your business quietly & professionally . We are St.Johnstone, we want to hear you talk up OUR club.

This. Tommy's not daft and knows how the media works up here - all he had to do when asked was say that he was focussed on Saints and our games. Comments like the ones on the BBC site help no one and can only unsettle the dressing-room.

Guest ScottMann

Just the puddle drinkers that don't get this then. No surprise at that. Tommy supposedly doesn't do social media so he'll not know the reaction to his comments but hopefully Ross or the SLO will have a word in his ear about it and the build up to Wednesday's game.

You have to cut TW some slack... I think he has been exemplary when handling the press...

1. If he was in the game for the money then he would have followed Lomas to Millwall?

2. Why on earth at his age would he want to join the circus that is Sevco?

3. Every manager has a shelf life and inevitably TW will move on but honestly don't see it being in Scotland...

Anyway we have much to thank him for no one is going to get 100 per cent right all the time ..  thankfully he got it 100% right 17/05/2014 ;-)

2. Why on earth at his age would he want to join the circus that is Sevco?

Because in six months there he'd likely earn more than two or three seasons with us. 

If Rangers enquire, he'll talk to them. If the offer him something, he'll take it. It's utter delusion to think otherwise. 

He won't be offered it though. 

Exactly my sentiments Ghostie and eloquently put.

Really? You really think he would take it? If it were the money why not Millwall?

Personally I think TW has too much integrity...

You are right though he won't be offered the Sevco job because they are the delusional ones! They still think they should have a BIG name and TW doesn't fall in to that category.. plus he has seen what has happened to MOH so sometimes it's not just about the money!?! 

Because in six months there he'd likely earn more than two or three seasons with us. 

If Rangers enquire, he'll talk to them. If the offer him something, he'll take it. It's utter delusion to think otherwise. 

He won't be offered it though. 

It's a media 'Puff Piece' they're looking desperately for something, anything, to keep Sevco newsworthy, in the news and, therefore relevant. It is however unfortunate that TW saw fit to present them with such an item.

There is no news coming out of Ibrox concerning who might be the preferred option (even if they can afford one) the media are desperate.

If this quote, off the BBC website is genuine...

"I don't think there's anybody in a job or out of a job that wouldn't want to take that call,"

It's got to be tongue in cheek, I mean that is such a ridiculous statement particularly when the club is regarded by many thousands of supporters probably some chairmen and board members as a despicable, cheating pariah of a club run by a bunch of directors with no respect for other member clubs. They might indeed take the call but would soon tell them what they could do with the job.

Nah he must've been taking the pash, if he said it at all.

In my opinion.

Edited by Indicator

It's a media 'Puff Piece' they're looking desperately for something, anything, to keep Sevco newsworthy, in the news and, therefore relevant. It is however unfortunate that TW saw fit to present them with such an item.

There is no news coming out of Ibrox concerning who might be the preferred option (even if they can afford one) the media are desperate.

"I don't think there's anybody in a job or out of a job that wouldn't want to take that call,"

It's got to be tongue in cheek, I mean that is such a ridiculous statement particularly when the club is regarded by many thousands of supporters probably some chairmen and board members as a despicable, cheating pariah of a club run by a bunch of directors with no respect for other member clubs. They might indeed take the call but would soon tell them what they could do with the job.

Are you being sarcastic or just grasping at straws? He would love to be Rangers manager. Far far more than being at Saints.

Compare the statements between him and Del. 

In my opinion.

Totally totally agree! Unfortunately TW rightly or wrongly gave the story oxygen... IMO it ain't happening... anyway if TW were to go it would be to a bigger club.. ;-)

Theory 1: Tommy isn't going to "Rangers", and has uselessly spunked 70% of his credibility with the fans against a wall pimping himself for the job. Disappointing.

Theory 2: for those of you who don't know, Tommy was up in Inverness for the Rangers game last night (cos he was apparently "prepping" for Wednesdays game - aye right, true, btw, way up the A9 the night before a home game) and was he interviewed for the job? Disappointing.

He's gonna need to win a bigger cup.

Edited by Abernethy Saint