Tommy for Rangers

Shibbydoo

having been misquoted in the press before, or had things taken massively out of context, I take everything I read with a pinch of salt. Some of the things I've reportedly said in the past have been eye-wateringly far removed from what I really said.

What are you trying to suggest has been taken the wrong way?

not suggesting anything because I don't know.

but things like "if anyone comes I'll be ready" spring to mind. The context of many of the quotes is quite jokey and this could be taken more seriously than it may have been intended. I don't know, I just know I've been horrified in the past at the way things I've said have been reported.

but things like "if anyone comes I'll be ready" spring to mind. The context of many of the quotes is quite jokey and this could be taken more seriously than it may have been intended. I don't know, I just know I've been horrified in the past at the way things I've said have been reported.

It is more his longing for a call from Rangers which is annoying and I don't think any of his comments concerning that club have been taken out of context. 

This wasn't an article in the press, Tommy SAID these things in a recorded spoken interview, and anybody listening could hear quite clearly that they were not said in a 'jokey' manner

TW has spent the last few days making statements about being happy with us, and saying hes still fully committed to us.

Maybe he misjudged the fans reaction to the comments, or phrased what he meant the wrong way, or maybe would just love that job. Either way I feel sorry for him, as no matter how hard he tries now, certain fans will forever hold the comments against him.

This wasn't an article in the press, Tommy SAID these things in a recorded spoken interview, and anybody listening could hear quite clearly that they were not said in a 'jokey' manner

I haven't heard it, only read it on the BBC, so I don't know.

I do know journalists can trick you into saying stuff. They say, in a matey manner, almost as an aside, "I guess any manager would be flattered to be considered by a team like Celtic or Rangers." And you reply in the affirmative, because you would. The conversation moves on. You barely realise you've even said it till you read it in the papers and something that wasn't a big part of the discussion is framed as though it was. It's a cynical technique that's often used. Not saying that's what happened here, because I haven't heard the interview.

having been misquoted in the press before, or had things taken massively out of context, I take everything I read with a pinch of salt. Some of the things I've reportedly said in the past have been eye-wateringly far removed from what I really said.

If it's not newsworthy enough, they just twist it or in one really annoying occasion make it up. Once we were looking after after a client who wanted to stay private and the paps got on to us having done the usual thing of bribing the hotel to tell them who's staying there. Next they're in our face outside after our meeting so we just barrel on through them into the lobby. Next day, "Press Assaulted by (client name's) Goon Squad".....he was not a happy bunny.

• 2 months later...

Tommy is not one of the counties top managers this season according to his fellow managers - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39802422

I find Jim Duffy and Archibald as strange nominations.

Duffy has not made it to the play-offs on limited resources but on the other hand Tommy has made It to the verge of European qualification on limited resources so what is the greater achievement?

As for Archibald that is just down to the Jags love in. He has had a good second half of the season but is it worthy of manager of the year??

I find Jim Duffy and Archibald as strange nominations.

Duffy has not made it to the play-offs on limited resources but on the other hand Tommy has made It to the verge of European qualification on limited resources so what is the greater achievement?

A couple of west coast, media favourites.

In his 4 years at the club, how many times has Tommy even been nominated?

Come to think of it, how many times has he even won a manager of the month award? How many out of 40?