Player contracts and transfers

David123

If we are looking at a experienced striker, early 30s loads of experience, I see Tam McManus is back in Scotland and is a free agent.

Whens the last time he played in the SPL? 6-7 years ago at a guess...

I don't want to just shoot down everyones signing ideas but surely Kane is worthy of a chance ahead of the likes of that Journeyman.

Edited by PerthSeany

St Johnstone are closing in on the signing of Bolton striker Michael O'Halloran, Courier Sport reports this morning.

It comes after the news that Steven MacLean will be out until the end of February but bolstering his forwards options has always been a priority for manager Tommy Wright, who describes the deal for the 22-year-old former Scotland U21 international as being well down the line.

St Johnstone are closing in on the signing of Bolton striker Michael O'Halloran, Courier Sport reports this morning.

It comes after the news that Steven MacLean will be out until the end of February but bolstering his forwards options has always been a priority for manager Tommy Wright, who describes the deal for the 22-year-old former Scotland U21 international as being well down the line.

Was with Tranmere last season on loan, got plenty of games but his scoring record is woeful, so hope he is not expected to top the charts (3 goals in 23 games).

Whens the last time he played in the SPL? 6-7 years ago at a guess...

I don't want to just shoot down everyones signing ideas but surely Kane is worthy of a chance ahead of the likes of that Journeyman.

Journeyman that can't hack the Championship these days. That would be absolutely dreadful.

Exactly what we need a striker that doesn't score

Well, we already have a striker who does score and another two who are good for between 8-10 goals a season. What we need right now is a striker who can help link the play and support May. I'd rather we sign a striker with more experience, but still a good move for us I think.

The haters have it in for O Halloran and he's not even signed yet.

I'll bet you £50 to the U20 youth fund that he scores before the end of the season.

Lets face it Dr if we signed Messi there would be complaints that he was too wee, too many folk judge a player prior even seeing him play. I BLAME the INTERNET never had this proble in WIllie Ormonds day