Player contracts and transfers

David123

It's not a gamble compared to other clubs, were not dipping into the red, just into the money we have in the bank, on the basis that our assets are worth considerably more than they were six months ago.

You dip into your bank account and spend based on selling a player who god forbid could pick up a injury tomorrow or will stay and see out a contract and not go anywhere and walk away free at 24.

Absolutely true, but doesn't that apply to every player? I'm certainly not suggesting risking everything, it was just a thought that him signing a longer term contract might just make a small outlay on another player easier to justify.

I do, however, know nothing about running a business, so I accept your superior knowledge. Was purely speculating.

Absolutely true, but doesn't that apply to every player? I'm certainly not suggesting risking everything, it was just a thought that him signing a longer term contract might just make a small outlay on another player easier to justify.

I do, however, know nothing about running a business, so I accept your superior knowledge. Was purely speculating.

I dont know anything about riunning a business or a football club either. Just my own thoughts that it might be a gamble. 

Woods been allowed to leave, still assessing Jahic, TW seems disappointed that the funds weren't available for him

I think we've maybe been a bit more fluid with budgets previously, whereas this year we've been harsher. Understandable considering the losses we've made in recent years.

The defence is definitely a higher priority than midfield for me, so I'm glad we're going that way.

To be honest, I'm not too bothered about the midfielder. If he had been signed I suspect that would have been the end for Caddis. If he has a future then we should support him by giving him chances where we can rather than signing more players in his position.

Not sure about the need for the defender either. Miller has been decent and it would be harsh on him to see him dropped for the new lad (assuming he was). Ok we may get more injuries, but would it make a massive difference to give one of the young lads a go in defence with a bit of experience beside them?

To be honest, I'm not too bothered about the midfielder. If he had been signed I suspect that would have been the end for Caddis. If he has a future then we should support him by giving him chances where we can rather than signing more players in his position.

Not sure about the need for the defender either. Miller has been decent and it would be harsh on him to see him dropped for the new lad (assuming he was). Ok we may get more injuries, but would it make a massive difference to give one of the young lads a go in defence with a bit of experience beside them?

All it would take is an injury to wright or cuptie on Saturday and we would only have 2 left backs for cover. I think it's fair to bring in another CB

Keep saying it and will keep on saying it Caddis must get a run in the team