Taxi For Davidson

George Grieve

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

It's really not - it's what I think will happen. I can't see the board hanging around until the end of February with Davidson still in charge if we're still losing games and failing to score any goals and there's no sign of improvement. Relegation could be disastrous for the club and I don't think the board will just sit on their hands and watch us get relegated without taking some action to try to rescue the situation.

I think Plan A to keep us up is new signings, but if those signings don't hit the ground running I expect we'll move to Plan B which will be a change of manager. I also think the board will already know who they want to come in to replace him, if it reaches that point.

My argument isn’t so much that the Board wouldn’t act - it’s that the point at which they clearly should act might not arise in time. If we stay within 3-4 points of 11th, or better, at what point do you act, before it’s pointless to do so? 

On 12/31/2021 at 2:09 PM, Abernethy Saint said:

I think that’s what you would like to happen, rather than what will. It would be March at the very least before any changes could be said to have worked or not. It’s much more likely to go down to the wire, right up to and possibly including the play-offs. There may not be a point at which you could say “that’s it” until the end. Even if there was, you then have to find another manager, just at the point where many are involved in promotion/relegation battles of their own. Just about the only available, realistic candidate you could think of right now would be Tommy, and that would be a very odd appointment. Possibly McInnis (can’t spell that) but I expect he’ll be looking for something much more promising.

I’d be very, very surprised if Callum went before the issue was settled.

Derek McInnes new Kilmarnock boss

So after having a couple of weeks to calm down I'm going to put my full support behind Callum and the squad. 

The signings so far give cause for optimism, and even Ali Crawford might fit into a team that's been improved by some younger talent. Shaw too is actually an exciting prospect, with a bit of decent experience. So despite it being a loan, it certainly looks like a better loan than the others.

What does worry me is Callum's ability to change - if we finish 10th I will be delighted. I just want us to show some fight, and FFS can we please pass a ball, make a tackle and not give away possession at every throw-in!!!

My glass has every so slightly tipped to half-full and I'm looking forward to the next match, for the first time in months.

If the starting 11 remains the same though I will be seriously worried. 

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Shibbydoo said:

We've had the best part of a month to change our style of play and what have we changed? Absolutely **** all. I'm sick of this bullshit. I hope Kelty best us and Callum gets told to pack his bags.

Enough is enough. Get Callum out!

He had 2 transfer windows and made us worse.

Unwilling to change a system that doesn't work.

Time to do the honourable think and walk away Callum.

I’m not saying this without contemplation - Davidson has to go.

That team tonight were bereft of leadership. About five minutes in you saw Ciftci absolutely exacerbated by the lack of a structure / system.

I saw players looking at each other every time hearts were in possession asking whether is should be me or him pressing the ball.

I saw guys standing with the ball at their feet and choosing to pass the ball back to a centre half or back to the goalkeeper when clearly the option was to pass to players in forward positions.

Guys like Booth, Davidson, O’Halloran etc have just stopped busting a gut for Callum Davidson and that tells you everything… they don’t believe in his system and they don’t believe in him. 

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

New signings or no new signings, for me the Dundee game is Davidson's last chance. We must win that game. If we don't, we'll be even deeper in the sh*t than we are now, but there will still be a slim chance of saving ourselves and the only way of doing that will be to hope for the possible bounce that a new manager might give us.

Completely understand that sacking a manager after winning two trophies and signing a new contract is a difficult thing to do - both emotionally and financially. Also understand that our situation is not entirely Davidson's fault. But we're running out of time and the club quite simply has to do whatever it takes to at least try to get us out of this mess. If some of that "rainy day fund" has to be spent on paying off Davidson and getting someone else in, then so be it. It's a colossal waste as we should never, ever have been in this position - but it's where we are and we need to deal with it.

The sheer speed at which this collapse has happened is absolutely heartbreaking. More than a decade of hard work from McInnes, Lomas and Wright, building us into a club who not only survived in the Premier but punched well above our weight, winning trophies, finishing Top 6 and playing in Europe season after season after season. Players like Anderson, Millar, Davidson and Mackay wanting to spend their careers here because this was the place to be. And just a few months ago we stood on the verge of stepping up to a completely new level of prestige, excitement and financial wealth. Everything is just being pissed down the drain.

7 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

New signings or no new signings, for me the Dundee game is Davidson's last chance. We must win that game. If we don't, we'll be even deeper in the sh*t than we are now, but there will still be a slim chance to save ourselves and, the only way of doing that will be to hope for the possible bounce that a new manager might give us.

Completely understand that sacking a manager after winning two trophies and signing a new contract is a difficult thing to do - both emotionally and financially. Also understand that our situation is not entirely Davidson's fault. But we're running out of time and the club quite simply has to do whatever it takes to at least try to get us out of this mess. If some of that "rainy day fund" has to be spent on paying off Davidson and getting someone else in, then so be it. It's a colossal waste as we should never, ever have been in this position - but it's where we are and we need to deal with it.

The sheer speed at which this collapse has happened is absolutely heartbreaking. More than a decade of hard work from McInnes, Lomas and Wright, building us into a club who not only survived in the Premier but punched well above our weight, winning trophies, finishing Top 6 and playing in Europe season after season after season. Players like Anderson, Millar, Davidson and Mackay wanting to spend their careers here because this was the place to be. And just a few months ago we stood on the verge of stepping up to a completely new level of prestige, excitement and financial wealth. Everything is just being pissed down the drain.

100% this!

10 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

New signings or no new signings, for me the Dundee game is Davidson's last chance. We must win that game. If we don't, we'll be even deeper in the sh*t than we are now, but there will still be a slim chance to save ourselves and, the only way of doing that will be to hope for the possible bounce that a new manager might give us.

I feel like TW left because things had been cut to the quick. It seems like we are constantly losing out on players to Motherwell, for example. 

is their budget THAT much bigger than ours? 

Things were maybe papered over massively by the guys like McCann and Kerr that just happened to emerge from the youth setup to the first team at the same time. 

Interesting to see in build up to last nights game that the emphasis was on ‘fresh start’, ‘regrouping’, ‘back to basics’ etc. Bottom line is that a poor team can realistically only become less poor and less poor won’t keep us up. As has been said elsewhere, heartbroken that the team I have loved and followed all my life has been let down and short changed by a board with no imagination or ambition. What an opportunity we had last summer, a once in a lifetime chance to push this club to even higher levels but instead we miss the open goals of all open goals. Any investment in the squad now realistically is with a view to securing the play off spot. What a calamity!