Taxi For Davidson

George Grieve

23 minutes ago, tucker said:

Ex saints captain takes Dundee to safety relegates saints please NO

I’ve not seen anything to suggest that Dave MacKay is a better manager than McPake. 

Happy that Dundee and Aberdeen have done this, hopefully they both implode. Saints for 10th!!

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

21 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I’ve not seen anything to suggest that Dave MacKay is a better manager than McPake. 

Happy that Dundee and Aberdeen have done this, hopefully they both implode. Saints for 10th!!

Agree 100%. 

We were never changing the manager anyway but I seriously believe we are going to have a change of fortune very soon.

We can stay up through the play off.

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Because they've seemingly chucked a fortune at Jack Ross.

But they waited until the transfer window slammed shut which is a bit weird.

If you are going to make a change why hamper the new manager with his predecessors selection of players?

You are probably right in that they are giving Ross a chunk of money to take over but think their hand has been forced by Aberdeen sacking Glass and Ross being linked with them or replacement for Goodwin at The Fakes if he goes North.

Post made prior to seeing Pat McGroin's post above.

Edited by Templar Saint

20 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

But they waited until the transfer window slammed shut which is a bit weird.

If you are going to make a change why hamper the new manager with his predecessors selection of players?

You are probably right in that they are giving Ross a chunk of money to take over but think their hand has been forced by Aberdeen sacking Glass and Ross being linked with them or replacement for Goodwin at The Fakes if he goes North.

Post made prior to seeing Pat McGroin's post above.

Mark McGhee is the latest rumour!!!

8 hours ago, Linky said:

Also, the 'avoiding relegation would be a bigger achievement than winning the cups' comment. I know what he's trying to say: 'if we turn this around, we'll have done really well' essentially. But it sounds like: 'winning the cups was a once in a lifetime thing, there's no chance we're going to avoid relegation'. 

I read this as a 'look at me' - don't forget what I achieved and why I'm the guy for the long-term. Basically career management.

Dont think CD will be leaving us this season. I think its important to show a bit of belief and loyalty to people that have served the club well and Im glad we are not one of those teams that gets rid of managers easily. Now I know that sentiment wont save us from ending up in the bottom 2 but I think CD deserves his chance. If we go down automatically and we've put up very little fight then his time will no doubt be up unfortunately. Im hoping we can still scrap away and get enough points for the playoff. We won 2 cup finals last year, the play off will just be like another cup final.

Edited by Rob

2 hours ago, Rob said:

Dont think CD will be leaving us this season. I think its important to show a bit of belief and loyalty to people that have served the club well and Im glad we are not one of those teams that gets rid of managers easily. Now I know that sentiment wont save us from ending up in the bottom 2 but I think CD deserves his chance. If we go down automatically and we've put up very little fight then his time will no doubt be up unfortunately. Im hoping we can still scrap away and get enough points for the playoff. We won 2 cup finals last year, the play off will just be like another cup final.

Callum deserves a chance ?. He had plenty time to turn things around and still he does the same things game after game with the same players.

Time for him to go if we wish to stay up and avoid losing £1mil + by going down.

6 hours ago, Cagey said:

Callum deserves a chance ?. He had plenty time to turn things around and still he does the same things game after game with the same players.

Time for him to go if we wish to stay up and avoid losing £1mil + by going down.

He’ll get at least 1 year in the championship so you’re as well getting behind the team like everyone on Tuesday 

4 hours ago, Evansabove said:

He’ll get at least 1 year in the championship so you’re as well getting behind the team like everyone on Tuesday 

I would think so, maybe if it was clear that the promotion chase wasnt going well they might change things.

Unless of course there is some relegation clause that brings CDs contract to an end.

5 hours ago, Evansabove said:

Utter tosh!!!

There is no way on earth that Callum Davidson will still be in a job come mid/late October if we are stuttering around mid-table in the Championship, still limping through games, not scoring goals and not changing his “system”.

Bulletproof Brown isn’t going to stand back and watch while we pay Premiership wages to guys that can’t get a result against Ayr United.

2 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Utter tosh!!!

There is no way on earth that Callum Davidson will still be in a job come mid/late October if we are stuttering around mid-table in the Championship, still limping through games, not scoring goals and not changing his “system”.

Bulletproof Brown isn’t going to stand back and watch while we pay Premiership wages to guys that can’t get a result against Ayr United.

:lol: get Derek Adams in now and you can really have something to moan about . 
   Here’s a scenario along the same lines as Callum and relegation. 

I’m definitely going to the next couple of games ,Hearts at Home and County away (in fact I’m staying up there again with all the lads following the famous Perth StJohnstone)    ………. unless I get knocked down from a bus today …….. but hopeful someone takes my ashes with them on the train ……. only if I’ve been cremated by next Saturday. 

Now some would prefer it we didn’t stay up so they can tell their pals or come on here ,and say ………see I told you Callum was shit and would take us down ………. either that or you want a bus to hit me ……. one or the two :?

1 hour ago, Evansabove said:

:lol: get Derek Adams in now and you can really have something to moan about . 
   Here’s a scenario along the same lines as Callum and relegation. 

I’m definitely going to the next couple of games ,Hearts at Home and County away (in fact I’m staying up there again with all the lads following the famous Perth StJohnstone)    ………. unless I get knocked down from a bus today …….. but hopeful someone takes my ashes with them on the train ……. only if I’ve been cremated by next Saturday. 

Now some would prefer it we didn’t stay up so they can tell their pals or come on here ,and say ………see I told you Callum was shit and would take us down ………. either that or you want a bus to hit me ……. one or the two :?

We’ll be racking them up in the bathroom!