Saints Goal of the Season '20- '21

Melbourne Saint

Well, clearly bored, so I'm interested in what was the best goal over the season (league & cups). 

For some, that may be the importance of Rooney's cup goals, the Zander/Kane goal.

For me, I'm basing it on skill, as opposed to solely the importance. It's a close call between 2. 

1. Mel Vs Accies (1-1away). Perfect counter attack goal. Superb long ball from defence (can't remember if it was Gordon?), which showed terrific vision to pick out Mel's run. His first touch to control with an Accies defender on him was superb & terrific finish. Reminded me a bit of Paul Wright.

2. Middleton Vs Midden (SC Semi). Quite simply one of the best freekicks since Ian Redford (away to Falkirk 3-2). The pace generated was top notch. Wasn't so much the bend he got on it, how he got it to dip was a cut above. I've watched it countless times and it just gets better. Midden's goalie was not only wrong footed, he had brain paralysis and couldn't even stick out an arm. Not a chance.

So... I'm going for Middleton.

Too many important ones to choose from. Usually only winning or drawing games with 1 goal this season. If you are talking about skill from open play then maybe Melameds but MOH scored some decent ones. Both Conway and Middleton great freekicks. Rooneys headers terrific (semi against Hibs in particular) as well but also some great penalties.

Zander to Kane for me.

I'm unable to take emotion out of it, it was one of the most glorious moments I've ever experienced watching football...one of those Incredulous, dramatic, explosive goals that defies logic....and the bonus of who it was against. Add in Zanders overall cup performance (both cups), he was on blinding form and huge reason behind our double.  

3 hours ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

Zander to Kane for me.

I'm unable to take emotion out of it, it was one of the most glorious moments I've ever experienced watching football...one of those Incredulous, dramatic, explosive goals that defies logic....and the bonus of who it was against. Add in Zanders overall cup performance (both cups), he was on blinding form and huge reason behind our double.  

Only the exiles can see it.