Match day 1. Saints V Hibs

rik2304

After the Ayr game Davidson said something along the lines of expecting to have another couple of players in by the time this game happens. You'd think that would have to be a goalkeeper and a striker (even if just someone on loan), but the way this summer's gone I wouldn't be all that surprised to see another 32-year-old winger or defender rock up.

I reckon Muzz will come back into the starting line-up for this one and we'll see some configuration of a Muzz-MacPherson-Hallberg midfield three.

Also noticed Gilmour wasn't even on the bench for the Ayr game.

It’s all very baffling that we can’t get the GK position sorted.

I hope we somehow hit the ground running, I’m sure Hibs will be thinking we are there for the taking.

Im excited for the new season and think if we can nick a point or even a win it might build confidence within the squad the downside for me is that if we cop a heavy defeat the external noise for CD to go will keep on getting louder.

I voted yes for him to go on the second poll, but voted no the first time because of the double and that he is a saintee legend.

I would love to know if the sponsors are concerned about our performances or are happy with the direction of the club?

I'm flying in with great optimism for this. First live game for a couple of years and have lucky son in tow, born 17th May. Davidson will pull off some genius, so I'm sure I won't need to stick my cleveland saintee flag and pole up his rear and ignite the summer discontent riots of '22.

Think it will be backs to the wall stuff as Davidson will want to get a point on the board. Hibs have not had a great start to the season but Davidson will show them too much respect. Muzz will definitely be back. Maybe even Brown at wingback with McGowan at centre back.

8 hours ago, blueheaven said:

After the Ayr game Davidson said something along the lines of expecting to have another couple of players in by the time this game happens. You'd think that would have to be a goalkeeper and a striker (even if just someone on loan), but the way this summer's gone I wouldn't be all that surprised to see another 32-year-old winger or defender rock up.

I reckon Muzz will come back into the starting line-up for this one and we'll see some configuration of a Muzz-MacPherson-Hallberg midfield three.

Also noticed Gilmour wasn't even on the bench for the Ayr game.

Unfortunate there is a departure to happen as well.

If Hibs have been watching us they'll know that all they need to do is get back behind the ball in numbers whenever we have it, and let us keep passing sideways and backwards until we lose it. Then all they need to do is bide their time and wait for their opportunity to hit us on the break. It makes for painful viewing but I think we're going to see a lot of that this season (as we did last season).

My only slight glimmer of hope comes from the fact that Hibs themselves seem to be in a bit of disarray going into the season.

11 hours ago, Shibbydoo said:

Is it just bad luck with all these injuries?

Seems a recurring theme for a very long time now.

Have we got a new physio or are we still working on stand in physios whilst the physio is on mat leave.  Notice we seem to have different folk on the bag each game just now. 

Edited by mainstand