Scottish cup 2022/23

Cagey

It’s clear the club have made a complete mess of this.

If they had given Rangers both end stands and the away section of the Main as at the last game then all this agro and ill will would have been avoided.

What they have done will cause damage for years to come and fan will not forget this in a hurry.

What an embarrassing mess.

14 minutes ago, slf said:

The club will be  recalling all the cardboard cut out fans from years ago ,for the cup tie and installing them in the main stand .

I've still got mine

That's the only thing from my house that will attend

I had only just recently started attending OF games one a game by game basis after the last time we were taken out of ES

I've not said much about the Cup game, but for me it's as much about getting booted out of the East Stand as it is the price

I had recently only just  forgiven  G Brown for kicking us  to the Main stand years ago.
Give S Brown credit with a promise when he became chair that this wouldn't happen any more and tried a few initiatives to help

After years of watching those games on TV I very recently started attending those games again, because the Club (SBrown) had made attempts to change the set up and leave loyal Saints fans in the East Stand
Now we are back to same old crap and being asked to shell out 30 Quid for the privilege of attending a match that will feel in reality like an away game from start to finish
Back to TV for me

Did Celtic not get the same 3 stands when we played them in the Scottish Cup quarter final in March 2020, just before the first lock down. We lost the only goal of the match in the last 10 minutes or something. I was definitely seated in the Main Stand. Always thought it was rubbish but can't remember there being as much disappointment in this happening.

Edited by Rob

31 minutes ago, Rob said:

Did Celtic not get the same 3 stands when we played them in the Scottish Cup quarter final in March 2020, just before the first lock down. We lost the only goal of the match in the last 10 minutes or something. I was definitely seated in the Main Stand. Always thought it was rubbish but can't remember there being as much disappointment in this happening.

Yeah.

£25 and, when announcing the decision, the club put out a lengthy, detailed, explanation of why they came to the decision, whether it would continue on afterwards, and acknowledged fans wouldn't be happy but hoped theyd understand.

This time we get charged £30, a fair whack of fans still wont know why the club decided this, while those who do got an email from the club explaining it was a cup game and that tax needs paid on tickets.

I wasn't really surprised by most of this, other than the price of a concession.

Moved to the Main Stand, no surprise.

£30 adult ticket, agree too much, but I don't really find it surprising. Tickets for all sorts of events have gone up loads recently, more than 20% but I guess the difference is that its a big jump compared to a league match. I won't be paying it, whether I could afford it or not, just don't want to pay that to watch a match.

You will however get at least 10 extra minutes now for your money with VAR, not always a good thing against the OF.

£20 concession ticket, agree that this is far too much. Does anyone think Saints will actually require more than the 300 free children's tickets now in the Main Stand? Rangers fans will lose out more with this. 

Rubbish kick off time for a game of football, I know it's for the TV but I hate early kick offs, Sunday games and tea time kick offs. Football for me should be 3pm Saturday or a midweek evening after work.

13 minutes ago, Rob said:

I wasn't really surprised by most of this, other than the price of a concession.

£30 adult ticket, agree too much, but I don't really find it surprising. Tickets for all sorts of events have gone up loads recently, more than 20% but I guess the difference is that its a big jump compared to a league match. I won't be paying it, whether I could afford it or not, just don't want to pay that to watch a match.

You will however get at least 10 extra minutes now for your money with VAR, not always a good thing against the OF.

£20 concession ticket, agree that this is far too much. Does anyone think Saints will actually require more than the 300 free children's tickets now in the Main Stand? Rangers fans will lose out more with this. 

Rubbish kick off time for a game of football, I know it's for the TV but I hate early kick offs, Sunday games and tea time kick offs. Football for me should be 3pm Saturday or a midweek evening after work.

5.30 kick off.

4 hours ago, Rob said:

Hopefully the 300 young kids all know the words to the sash and god save the king as that’s what the away fans will be singing all game

12 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Yeah.

£25 and, when announcing the decision, the club put out a lengthy, detailed, explanation of why they came to the decision, whether it would continue on afterwards, and acknowledged fans wouldn't be happy but hoped theyd understand.

This time we get charged £30, a fair whack of fans still wont know why the club decided this, while those who do got an email from the club explaining it was a cup game and that tax needs paid on tickets.

Yep, you can still read that previous statement from the club here: https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-celtic-and-rangers-matches

Night and day compared to the club's woeful communication this time round and proves that so much is about the messaging. If you treat fans with a bit of respect and actually explain things to them, most will understand and be supportive.

I'm actually at the stage now where I'm less annoyed by the initial decision than I am by the way the club has dealt with the aftermath. To just completely ignore fan concerns, say nothing publicly and then send out a template email (full of questionable reasoning) to a select group just comes across as dismissive and disrespectful, and in my view has only made things worse. All of this, combined with the rotten, predictable football we're asked to watch under the current manager, has really made me feel disconnected from the club in a way that I can't recall ever feeling in the past.

The club needs to give itself a real shake here and remind itself that we're its customers. Put out a statement acknowledging that arrangements for this match can't be changed at this point, but accepting that communication hasn't been good enough and mistakes have been made. And *apologise*.

It would help if they didn't keep starting every little announcement with "The Football Club" too. Stop making everything sound like it's coming from a guy in a suit reading out a statement on the steps of a court. Use your social media to engage with fans.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Yep, you can still read that previous statement from the club here: https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-celtic-and-rangers-matches

Night and day compared to the club's woeful communication this time round and proves that so much is about the messaging. If you treat fans with a bit of respect and actually explain things to them, most will understand and be supportive.

I'm actually at the stage now where I'm less annoyed by the initial decision than I am by the way the club has dealt with the aftermath. To just completely ignore fan concerns, say nothing publicly and then send out a template email (full of questionable reasoning) to a select group just comes across as dismissive and disrespectful, and in my view has only made things worse. All of this, combined with the rotten, predictable football we're asked to watch under the current manager, has really made me feel disconnected from the club in a way that I can't recall ever feeling in the past.

The club needs to give itself a real shake here and remind itself that we're its customers. Put out a statement acknowledging that arrangements for this match can't be changed at this point, but accepting that communication hasn't been good enough and mistakes have been made. And *apologise*.

It would help if they didn't keep starting every little announcement with "The Football Club" too. Stop making everything sound like it's coming from a guy in a suit reading out a statement on the steps of a court. Use your social media to engage with fans.

It makes them look like they are all part time at a part time football club, I’m guessing the damage they have caused with this debacle is going too take a very long time to repair if it ever will 

On 1/13/2023 at 8:34 AM, blueheaven said:

“Comfort of the fans creating a partisan atmosphere”  ??? As quoted from Saints. Atmosphere comes from the east stand where …., ah forget it as am no going anyway  !!! . 

Only 242 sold to season ticket holders, increasing by a paltry 10 per day.

Home crowd will be the lowest in our entire history and yet still silence from the club.

I love my club and the way this situation is being managed is beyond belief.

I dont want to hear from Flaherty its time our Chairman came out of hiding,  apologised for this crass decision and confirm that saints fans  will never be moved out of the East Stand again. That might be enough to at least get a few more saints fans to attend. 

4 minutes ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Only 242 sold to season ticket holders, increasing by a paltry 10 per day.

Home crowd will be the lowest in our entire history and yet still silence from the club.

I love my club and the way this situation is being managed is beyond belief.

I dont want to hear from Flaherty its time our Chairman came out of hiding,  apologised for this crass decision and confirm that saints fans  will never be moved out of the East Stand again. That might be enough to at least get a few more saints fans to attend. 

Bulletproof is never wrong though.

Would hope the 200 that have purchased tickets would send them back and ask for a refund. If they can afford to withgo £30 that is as there is no hope of getting a refund.

I wonder why Saints are insisting that home fans purchase the tickets by Monday mid-day. Have they kept the north end of the Main free do that they can offer them to Rangers. Can't think of any reason they would not be on sale up to day of game.

Eric Nicolson said Rangers were charging £33. If this is so then is it for administration. If not will they pass on the 1.50 per ticket to Saints.

2 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

Bulletproof is never wrong though.

He and Geoff must be concerned about this and I hope he does not just spout the same stuff as Flahertys emails.

Apart from not mentioning the retained 20% of gate receipts to cover match expenses he did not mention the £25,000 money from the SFA which we get if we do (and i hope we dont)get knocked out.

East Stand should forever be Blue and White. 

7 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Would hope the 200 that have purchased tickets would send them back and ask for a refund. If they can afford to withgo £30 that is as there is no hope of getting a refund.

I wonder why Saints are insisting that home fans purchase the tickets by Monday mid-day. Have they kept the north end of the Main free do that they can offer them to Rangers. Can't think of any reason they would not be on sale up to day of game.

Eric Nicolson said Rangers were charging £33. If this is so then is it for administration. If not will they pass on the 1.50 per ticket to Saints.

Monday mid day is when the priority period for season tickets holders to purchase ends.

Sales to season ticket holders and other saints fans with a purchasing history will continue from mid day tomorrow. Saints to announce tomorrow how this will work.

6 minutes ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Monday mid day is when the priority period for season tickets holders to purchase ends.

Sales to season ticket holders and other saints fans with a purchasing history will continue from mid day tomorrow. Saints to announce tomorrow how this will work.

Ta , that will be interesting. Probably another balls up.

3 hours ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

He and Geoff must be concerned about this and I hope he does not just spout the same stuff as Flahertys emails.

Apart from not mentioning the retained 20% of gate receipts to cover match expenses he did not mention the £25,000 money from the SFA which we get if we do (and i hope we dont)get knocked out.

East Stand should forever be Blue and White. 

Could it be that he is that inexperienced/unaware that he didn’t even know about the 20% being retained. Still a worry either way!