Open Meeting 13/2/23

rik2304

8 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

"these meetings will be primarily driven by a supporters’ ‘steering group’"

The famous five and secret seven dusting off the glad rags? 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

Someone needs to ask about the price rise, snuck in without mention, for the Celtic game.

Think this is the club trying to engage positively with the supporters and the fact that the meeting is open to all supporters would suggest that it is not the famous five or secret seven.

Attend the meeting RandomGuy and raise the question.  After all as a supporter you are invited.

Would encourage all supporters who have been keyboard warriors on forum's and social media regarding recent events to attend.

I sent an email and a follow up one re Rangers cup match and got replies and am pleased that if nothing else we are getting fans engagement with the club.  I will be at meeting.

48 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Would encourage all supporters who have been keyboard warriors on forum's and social media regarding recent events to attend.

What sanctimonious pish.

What were you expecting people to do? Forums like this and social media are easy and free ways for people to express their opinions on all things St Johnstone related. Many supporters dont live in Perth and find these outlets useful as a means of communicating with other fans and expressing their views.

Its a decent move by the club, but I note that they have "handpicked" the supporters steering group representatives again. Hopefully they have selected a wide range of supporters and not just those that will nod in agreement with everything the clubs says. 

2 hours ago, Aitchy said:

What sanctimonious pish.

What were you expecting people to do? Forums like this and social media are easy and free ways for people to express their opinions on all things St Johnstone related. Many supporters dont live in Perth and find these outlets useful as a means of communicating with other fans and expressing their views.

Its a decent move by the club, but I note that they have "handpicked" the supporters steering group representatives again. Hopefully they have selected a wide range of supporters and not just those that will nod in agreement with everything the clubs says. 

Then it's uptae the people attending to un hand pick the said people. Make sure the club no we won't be rail roaded

14 hours ago, Aitchy said:

What sanctimonious pish.

Agree with this. People use phrases like "keyboard warrior" as if there's something wrong with expressing your opinions online. How else are we supposed to do it in 2023?

I think this is a positive move from the club but I also shuddered a bit when I read about the "supporters steering group". Huge "secret seven" vibes from that and it feels like a big red flag but hopefully I'm jumping the gun and I've got it wrong. What the club really needs to do is start communicating with all supporters equally, instead of using hand-picked groups of people or coming out with "we shared X with 'supporters groups' but we're not going to share it with the rest of you'.

Sadly I think I'm unlikely to be able to make this and would really like to see the club stream events like this online so that other fans can listen in.

15 hours ago, Aitchy said:

What sanctimonious pish.

Pretty sure he was joking , but not much humour around at the moment 

15 hours ago, Aitchy said:

What sanctimonious pish.

Absolute voice of reason on here these days.

Being able to make a point on a forum or via an email can be far more productive than someone trying to find their words standing up in front of a room full of people. Equally, it gives the person responding an opportunity to provide a measured response.

Suspect you are spot on regards the second point as well. Previously, these groups have become fall guys for bad decisions or bad communication. There's absolutely no reason these meetings can't operate on a completely open basis.

Best of luck to those getting involved. I suspect they'll need it.

17 hours ago, Aitchy said:

What sanctimonious pish.

No it's not. Criticism is healthy when deserved and good discussion but you obviously haven't read the likes of Pie & Bovril where the personal abuse and insults Callum gets is an utter disgrace. Flaherty's not as bad yet but give it time. Will any of them go to the meeting and say to their targets faces what they say online? Like hell they will. 

4 minutes ago, Sergei said:

No it's not. Criticism is healthy when deserved and good discussion but you obviously haven't read the likes of Pie & Bovril where the personal abuse and insults Callum gets is an utter disgrace. Flaherty's not as bad yet but give it time. Will any of them go to the meeting and say to their targets faces what they say online? Like hell they will. 

I spoke to Flaherty in the  muirton suite before the Rangers cup tie,and told him,we’d made a pigs ear of it! He accepted my point of view ,and said he didn’t disagree,so if I manage to go to this,I’ll be quite happy to get points of view over