New Owners

Shibbydoo

On 6/8/2023 at 3:58 AM, Cleveland-Saint said:

What does this mean by tasked? We are paying him to do this for us, like a broker? So if someone wants to buy us they call this guy?

A perfectly normal process for a business sale. They'll produce a teaser document to issue to potential buyers via their network who can then engage them for further info. It's more effective than GB/SB picking up the phone and ringing around.

16 minutes ago, EDSaint said:

A perfectly normal process for a business sale. They'll produce a teaser document to issue to potential buyers via their network who can then engage them for further info. It's more effective than GB/SB picking up the phone and ringing around.

So does that mean this company does all the background checks about ethical business or do they just get us hopefully a buyer and get a percentage / commission from the sale?

3 hours ago, pezza70 said:

So does that mean this company does all the background checks about ethical business or do they just get us hopefully a buyer and get a percentage / commission from the sale?

They'll be looking to get as many offers as possible for the current owners to consider. Diligence on the buyer would be done by the agent and solicitors of the seller. Either be a flat fee or % of a sale value i'd imagine.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Happy the club have experts looking into it, should massively lessen the chances of shysters coming in and asset stripping the club. Itll cost money but itll be money well spent.

I would still trust Geoff's judgement TBH over any of these "experts"!  

1 hour ago, Center Half said:

I would still trust Geoff's judgement TBH over any of these "experts"!  

Hopefully, and would think, he gets the final say.

This should just save him having to deal with conmen every day telling him about the millions of pounds they dont have.

13 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Would be an interesting comparison, maybe @Smarmy Arabknows? Had a quick Google around but can't see a figure anywhere.

I don't know the ins and outs of what United's assets were, but I'd assume Saints have a lot more land and also a lot more money in the bank?

Don't know, never even considered a cash sum to be a realistic proposition when buying a Scottish football club.  Certainly not in the case of either of the Dundee clubs.  More like new owners agree to honour debts, agree not to asset strip (as far as is possible legally) and see if they can make a fist of running a venerable institution that might occasionally turn a small profit or give the owners a profile in U.K. professional sports circles. 

I have been somewhat suspicious of 2xUS owners turning up in Dundee at the same time and kite flying for a new stadium???? The old adage remains a truism, if you really want to make a small fortune from a Scottish football club....start with a large fortune! 

In the recent past Marrs, Romanovs not exactly above board, Thomsons, Browns, Milne, McGregor all put in more than they took out!  

On 6/10/2023 at 7:15 AM, Smarmy Arab said:

Don't know, never even considered a cash sum to be a realistic proposition when buying a Scottish football club.  Certainly not in the case of either of the Dundee clubs.  More like new owners agree to honour debts, agree not to asset strip (as far as is possible legally) and see if they can make a fist of running a venerable institution that might occasionally turn a small profit or give the owners a profile in U.K. professional sports circles. 

I have been somewhat suspicious of 2xUS owners turning up in Dundee at the same time and kite flying for a new stadium???? The old adage remains a truism, if you really want to make a small fortune from a Scottish football club....start with a large fortune! 

In the recent past Marrs, Romanovs not exactly above board, Thomsons, Browns, Milne, McGregor all put in more than they took out!  

Well the Oligarchs effectively have most funds suspended. That leaves the door open for a fish & chip owner from Montrose....

On 6/9/2023 at 8:37 AM, EDSaint said:

Reports o Newcastle owners looking at us, tae be a development club.

On 6/12/2023 at 10:25 AM, sixties saintee said:

Reports o Newcastle owners looking at us, tae be a development club.

It’s illegals to own to clubs in same country if we can go for same trophy. So if Newcastle in champions league saints can’t enter it as same owner. Or so thing along those lines. Basically it can’t happen. Plus look at his other stories they all a joke.

Edited by saintgscot

On 6/12/2023 at 12:31 PM, bankfoot saint said:

Am assuming that’s why we’ve not being linked with many transfers, the club are waiting for funds to start rolling in before making a loads of big money offers 🤷‍♂️

I hope not as we will go into next season with the bare bones of a squad.

1 hour ago, pezza70 said:

And if we don’t get a buyer then who knows how much a budget we will be allocating for players 

Would have thought the budget that Macca has available will be pretty clear. Given that Saints never spend outwith their means, the player budget will essentially be the same as any other year, given that there is no specific reason to think that revenue is going to increase or decrease dramatically. Although, having said that, I can see a scenario where Macca has been promised a small increase in budget as part of him agreeing to take the job. I would be hugely surprised if any new owners were able to come in with the kind of speed that would be required to have any impact on this summer's transfer window.

3 hours ago, Dooj said:

Would have thought the budget that Macca has available will be pretty clear. Given that Saints never spend outwith their means, the player budget will essentially be the same as any other year, given that there is no specific reason to think that revenue is going to increase or decrease dramatically. Although, having said that, I can see a scenario where Macca has been promised a small increase in budget as part of him agreeing to take the job. I would be hugely surprised if any new owners were able to come in with the kind of speed that would be required to have any impact on this summer's transfer window.

If Macca is given a larger budget than Davidson then Europe here we come.

The money Davidson wasted last season was that criminal , Police Scotland should look at it.

I don't think Macca will get a bigger budget than Tommy got , if there is no takeover.

47 minutes ago, Cagey said:

If Macca is given a larger budget than Davidson then Europe here we come.

The money Davidson wasted last season was that criminal , Police Scotland should look at it.

I don't think Macca will get a bigger budget than Tommy got , if there is no takeover.

Bound to be a big impact on the budget given the players we have lost - Spoony, Muzz, MOH will have been on a decent wage I'd have thought so losing those 3 might give room to bring in 4-5 players instead - especially if we target recruiting younger hungrier players 

22 minutes ago, templeofsaints said:

Bound to be a big impact on the budget given the players we have lost - Spoony, Muzz, MOH will have been on a decent wage I'd have thought so losing those 3 might give room to bring in 4-5 players instead - especially if we target recruiting younger hungrier players 

Not to mention the fee we’ll get from the Theo Bair sale! Rolling in it.