Time For Change

Radford 72

Time for change?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gutted it didn’t work out for Macca but ultimately the correct decision has been reached, and unlike St. Johnstone of recent times, it’s been reached pretty quickly. I do wonder if there’s a succession plan or if it’s just a case of getting MacLean out of there before he causes a bigger rift in the dressing room. 

1 minute ago, PSJ.84 said:

Gutted it didn’t work out for Macca but ultimately the correct decision has been reached, and unlike St. Johnstone of recent times, it’s been reached pretty quickly. I do wonder if there’s a succession plan or if it’s just a case of getting MacLean out of there before he causes a bigger rift in the dressing room. 

He probably didn't help himself with the comments last night. Interesting there's no mention of Gus McPherson's role?

As for a replacement hopefully with Geoff having some influence there has been a shortlist getting drawn up over recent weeks. Either way we need to get someone in quickly to get some stability around the club. 

Only surprise is Craig going. Thought he was getting experience with the youth set and could have left him doing that.

Yesterday's interview just showed how he wasn't ready for the top job. Perhaps a little too 'emotional' with his thoughts just after the game.

Personally, I am not surprised, while he talked about becoming more attractive team to watch etc there was no evidence of that. 

Wasn't helped by the half-assed recruitment in the summer but his treatment of the likes of Wotherspoon & McGowan was strange.

Right after yesterday's game, I thought MacLean still had the Killie game, then I saw the interview and thought, nah, he needs to go now. For his own sake as much as anything else.

It was so obvious last night he was out of his depth and needed to go.

I think this also proves that Geoff is calling the shots again. If it was still Steve, MacLean would still be here into the new year.

Geoff hasn't been slow to make these decisions before and he could obviously, like the rest of us, see his club on a downward spiral.

Like others, I would have kept Craig for the youth team, where he seems to be doing well, but kept him away from having anything to do with the first.

We don't know what's going on behind the scenes though and maybe that wasn't possible.

Cleland obviously has something on the Browns. No matter what happens, he always stays.

Totally gutted for Macca and Liam but probably inevitable. Although they are not blameless, the major part of the blame for this s*** show lies with Steve Brown, Flaherty and Davidson for p******* so much money down the drain (who would have thought you would say that about Steve Brown). We have bought or loaned so much s**** in the last 3 seasons it was inevitable that the chickens would come home to roost. 

Whilst Macca has brought in dross this Summe,r with the exception of Mitov and Sprangler, the "budget cuts" were only going to end one way. Having a spine of Robbie Deas, Stuart Findlay and Matty Kennedy would make a huge difference to the current team as would having Spoony to provide that creativity we are so desperately lacking.

Re Macca, although unlucky with injuries, probably my biggest disappointment is we have not seen the aggressive pressing from the from the front we were promised. Instead, it has been a meek acceptance of allowing the opposition defence to pass the ball about at the back with little or no pressure.

We are also gutless with no fight and very few leaders. Never thought I would say that about a Macca and Liam Craig team!

As for who next, it has to be experience which means probably Neilson getting quoted and then throw in the rest of the media darlings, Scott Brown, Kevin Thomson, Barry Ferguson, Yogi and Jobby McCall. Dear god to all of them. 

Ian Murray maybe?