Hearts v St.Johnstone - 25th November

R.B.B:- Adz

2 hours ago, Dav69 said:

Can that effin goalie of ours no kick a ball up the middle of the bastirt park !!!!!!!!! 

Goalies distribution is shite. Levein has to sort it. Or goalie coach 

Was Considine injured or tactical sub at half time

How did Gallager do at centre back. 

19 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Considine definitely injured. Gallacher played wingback and Robinson moved to the middle. Thought Gallacher did ok.

Our weakness was up front. Kane and May just didn't get involved enough and carried no real threat

24 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Can you show me when the goalies distribution was shite?

considine injured his foot in the first half. Robinson moved inside and Gallagher played left. I thought he did well.

Edited by dunblanemike
Temple beat me to it, almost word for word :)

28 minutes ago, Cagey said:

There is so much wrong with this post it’s quite funny. 

As for the person asking where Spangler is, Smith and Phillips have been excellent for the last 3/4 games and don’t deserve to be dropped, so Sven will need to earn his place back through upping his game again. 

As for the match, I think we were worthy of a point. I’d argue Clark had more saves to make than Mitov and the only reason Hearts got chances towards the end was we changed shape slightly. Another week where Robinson was a stand out, but as others have said we were let down up top. Kane had his worst game in about 5 years and May just doesn’t have it any more. 

Took 15/20 minutes to settle into the game but once we did I actually think we were the better team until Hearts scored, so there’s a lot to be pleased about. It’s been done to death already (and will be until he returns), but there’s a good chance that’s a different game if Nicky Clark is fit. 

The lack of subs until the 81st minute, however, is a concern. Max has quality, no doubt, but quite often he can be on the periphery of games so I’d have quite liked to see him make way for Sprangler to get Phillips on the ball higher up the park. Two of Costelloe, Kane and May should’ve been off a lot sooner as well.  Smith and Robinson though - excellent, again. 

1 hour ago, dunblanemike said:

considine injured his foot in the first half. Robinson moved inside and Gallagher played left. I thought he did well.

1 hour ago, dunblanemike said:

I was agreeing with Dav69 and also the County game where  Mitov kept kicking the ball into touch.

2 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Took 15/20 minutes to settle into the game but once we did I actually think we were the better team until Hearts scored, so there’s a lot to be pleased about. It’s been done to death already (and will be until he returns), but there’s a good chance that’s a different game if Nicky Clark is fit. 

The lack of subs until the 81st minute, however, is a concern. Max has quality, no doubt, but quite often he can be on the periphery of games so I’d have quite liked to see him make way for Sprangler to get Phillips on the ball higher up the park. Two of Costelloe, Kane and May should’ve been off a lot sooner as well.  Smith and Robinson though - excellent, again. 

Spot on. Costelloe was out of his depth early doors. Didn’t close the wingers early enough and offered very little going forward.

Levein was indecisive with his subs against Motherwell, which I forgave due to his limited knowledge of the squad, but really struggled to see why it took him so long to make a sub today. May and Kane were both struggling, Costelloe was offering nothing and Phillips was limited due to his booking. Sprangler, DJ and Jephcott should have been on.

Im concerned about Levein not using Sprangler. He was a breath of fresh air when he first came in, gave the team personality and looked assured in possession as his use of his ball. Hopefully he’s back in the lineup soon.

I think if Drey and Nicky Clark were in the team today we would have got at least at point.

Would like to see us being in a more physical striker in January and also a defender with a bit more pace. Don’t think we are far from being a decent team, just need some luck with injuries.

8 hours ago, Aitchy said:

really struggled to see why it took him so long to make a sub today.

I dont think he rates Turner-Cooke or Jephcott in the slightest, tbh. While Jaiyesimi is either the same or wasnt fit. Only real explanation in my head why theyre trying to stick with the starters so long, and guess if it continues until January and theyre allowed to leave then we'll know.

I still think theres something there with Turner-Cooke but thats now two managers/coaching teams who havent given him a chance so a decent chance im wrong and hes just not up to it.

Sprangler i think they see as less mobile than Phillips or Smith, and by the sounds of it they want a team of players who can cover the whole park. Sprangler kind of mostly keeps to the middle. I think/hope theyll start using him in games like yesterday to give us more of a foundation and this is just them sussing it out.

Costelloe frustrates me. You can see that if/when he bulks up and has more experience he'll be useful, but just now hes a kid playing senior football who cant control the ball half the time.

Looks like we were unlucky not to get at least a point.

They got a lucky deflected goal which Mitov said he would have saved just when the crowd was getting on their backs.

like Aitchy I don't get the subs in 83 and 86 minutes. I would have taken off May and Kane , brought on Alufamu and Spangler and put Constelloe up front earlier in second half.

1 hour ago, rik2304 said:

Jesus Christ 😂

Costello's played a couple of games as lone striker and did ok and scored a goal. Still waiting for Kane and May to score.

In his first game I wanted him sent back and he is not the answer but in the circumstances yesterday I think he would have been an improvement on the two.

If we could sign Jesus , that would be great.